It's Combine Week

section314

42 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Btw Karlaftis having a very good combine. Ridiculous explosion numbers so far.

People have an irrational dislike of him. Going into the year I liked him more than hutch, but Hutch had the bigger production year. I don’t think he’s going to be an upper echelon guy necessarily, but he’s going to be a very good pro I feel. 

2 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

People have an irrational dislike of him. Going into the year I liked him more than hutch, but Hutch had the bigger production year. I don’t think he’s going to be an upper echelon guy necessarily, but he’s going to be a very good pro I feel. 

I pushed back on Karlaftis a good bit and that was less not liking the prospect and more not liking where folks were talking about the prospect (pick 4). There’s certainly an area of the draft that jives more with the way you described him where he’d be a rock solid pick.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Not to spam the thread, but Becton just posted an Instagram video about NFL players trolling fans, complete with a bunch of child-like emojis, and I desperately want Douglas to trade him tonight for whatever he can get. 

Trying to give him some slack, but he's going to try and take down everyone Jonathan Martin style if the team doesnt step in. He needs help and has no business on an NFL roster at the moment. Douglas never talks, but he seems like a blockhead too.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

13 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Future All-Pro CB is a weird place to draw the line. 

One issue with this is that it would be a total admission that we (the jets and douglas)  have totally and utterly failed in the last two drafts regarding our secondary draft strategy.

Hall, Carter, Pinnock, Echols all drafted the last two years along with a very high priority udfa in Dunn.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Trying to give him some slack, but he's going to try and take down everyone Jonathan Martin style if the team doesnt step in. He needs help and has no business on an NFL roster at the moment. Douglas never talks, but he seems like a blockhead too.

Just a big slob baby. That “exercise” montage with the body weight drills was like an SNL skit.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

One issue with this is that it would be a total admission that we (the jets and douglas)  have totally and utterly failed in the last two drafts regarding our secondary draft strategy.

Hall, Carter, Pinnock, Echols all drafted the last two years along with a very high priority udfa in Dunn.

I’d imagine a CB pick would be driven by Saleh, who thinks it’d be the missing piece for his defense.

Kayvon not doing the drills,   shows me he is trying to go top 3 with his 5 Star HS recruit and playing in the mediocre PAC 10.  Kid has all the skills, could have gone to the best program in the country, and declines.   This guy seems like a person who will take plays off once he gets paid.

Walker looks great.  Lack of production is an obstacle.  Remember the last physical freak the Jets drafted.   That man is still waiting for his first sack.  Did have 6 sacks this year.   Could possibly slide inside sometimes,  being 275.

Karlaftis did not run.   Don't know why.  Looked good in the other drills.

I am looking at Sam Williams at the moment in the second round.  Hutchinson, Karlaftis, and Walker are the ones to look at right now in the first

Where is Jermaine Johnson?  Hurt?  I must have missed the update.  LOL he is participating with the LB's.  OK

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

2 starters, a rotational Safety, 2 depth CBs is a great return on 5 players drafted round 5 or later. Taking an exceptional prospect is not a failure of strategy it’s opportunism.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Truth said:

Kayvon not doing the drills,   shows me he is trying to go top 3 with his 5 Star HS recruit and playing in the mediocre PAC 10.  Kid has all the skills, could have gone to the best program in the country, and declines.   This guy seems like a person who will take plays off once he gets paid.

Walker looks great.  Lack of production is an obstacle.  Remember the last physical freak the Jets drafted.   That man is still waiting for his first sack.  Did have 6 sacks this year.   Could possibly slide inside sometimes,  being 275.

Karlaftis did not run.   Don't know why.  Looked good in the other drills.

I am looking at Sam Williams at the moment in the second round.  Hutchinson, Karlaftis, and Walker are the ones to look at right now in the first

Where is Jermaine Johnson?  Hurt?  I must have missed the update.

JJ is running now under linebackers, just ran a 4.58