It's Combine Week

section314

Top Tight End bench press reps (From Pro Football Network.com)
Cole Turner | 17
Daniel Bellinger | 22
Grant Calcaterra | 20
Greg Dulcich | 16
Jake Ferguson | 15
Jelani Woods | 24
Jeremiah Hall | 19
Jeremy Ruckert | 19

Teagan Quitoriano | 22
Trey McBride | 18

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Cole Turner | 17
Daniel Bellinger | 22
Grant Calcaterra | 20
Greg Dulcich | 16
Jake Ferguson | 15
Jelani Woods | 24
Jeremiah Hall | 19
Jeremy Ruckert | 19

Teagan Quitoriano | 22
Trey McBride | 18

Jelani woods is my sleeper TE

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Cole Turner | 17
Daniel Bellinger | 22
Grant Calcaterra | 20
Greg Dulcich | 16
Jake Ferguson | 15
Jelani Woods | 24
Jeremiah Hall | 19
Jeremy Ruckert | 19

Teagan Quitoriano | 22
Trey McBride | 18

Is this a big deal (seriously asking I dont know)? Just seems like the players I liked have the lowest numbers. ?

2 hours ago, derp said:

Goodness gracious. Weight had to be the biggest question. I’m sure he’ll have to discuss how he thinks he’d play lighter but 337 is still huge and he looks slim. Props to him.

I read at 337 he is about 13% body fat.

That is insanely low for a man that size, and that is an incredible amount of muscle.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, derp said:

Yeah, I don't get why they changed the schedule unless they didn't want guys benching. Odd.

Probably something TV related since they moved it to "primetime"

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

That list is....woof. I didn't expect Wilson to be that light either. I assume he's trying to fly but I don't think it's a good weight for him at all.

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Really bad weight for Jahan Dotson. He might not go in the first round.

Wilson's bad too. I imagine the 40 pops but I don't think they're good weights. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, derp said:

That list is....woof. I didn't expect Wilson to be that light either. I assume he's trying to fly but I don't think it's a good weight for him at all.

I really like him, I think he is the best route runner in this draft.  But that list scares me a bit.     Curious to see what he runs later.

6 minutes ago, Jdub03 said:

That's not an inspiring list. Only a couple that worked out well.

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

I really like him, I think he is the best route runner in this draft.  But that list scares me a bit.     Curious to see what he runs later.

There are guys who have gone later in that weight neighborhood who are pretty good - Dionte Johnson, Lockett, Hill, Renfrow, Mooney. 

I also think Waddle is below 185, not sure why he wasn't on the list. Devonta Smith as well, Moore. Maybe it's missing last year's class. Few good rookies though.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

I expect Pickens to kill it in his drills later.  4.4, maybe even 4.3s.   Should be compltely healthy from the injury and ready to go today.  Was not asked to do too much in our offense the past few years, but I think he will be better as a pro.  I just hope he doesn't blow it up too much, so we have a shot at him on day 2.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, derp said:

Wilson's bad too. I imagine the 40 pops but I don't think they're good weights. 

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Only reason why it’s less of a big deal for Wilson is because of his play style. Dotson’s game is more physical so he needed some bulk. 

4 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Another oof. Pickens falls into the range of tall guys that are too light to succeed in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, derp said:

I also think Waddle is below 185, not sure why he wasn't on the list. Devonta Smith as well, Moore. Maybe it's missing last year's class. Few good rookies though.

Probably is not inlcuding last year's class because Combine was cancelled.  I guess he is just listing combine measurements.  Thanks for pointing this out, invalidates that list somewhat.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Lith said:

I expect Pickens to kill it in his drills later.  4.4, maybe even 4.3s.   Should be compltely healthy from the injury and ready to go today.  Was not asked to do too much in our offense the past few years, but I think he will be better as a pro.  I just hope he doesn't blow it up too much, so we have a shot at him on day 2.

His 40-time is all important, IMO. He's always had a bit of a lack of speed stigma. I think he's an exceptionally talented kid and would be thrilled to see him become a Jet.

22 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Hmm

I know some are not fans of Bell but the profile - average height, solid weight, awesome early production - screams good shot of a day two prospect who outperforms draft position.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Only reason why it’s less of a big deal for Wilson is because of his play style. Dotson’s game is more physical so he needed some bulk. 

You're probably not wrong. I'd viewed Dotson as valuable but less of a volume guy - though he's got some contested ability which will be tough to translate at that weight. Wilson I thought was a little thicker and so I thought maybe a little more YAC upside and I assume he's going to jump out of the building later but at 183 I don't know how either of those things translate. Less potential Justin Jefferson and more hope he's...Dionte Johnson I guess?

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Some team is going to fall in love with Willis. I guess it just depends if it's like the Ravens loving Lamar Jackson and waiting or if they decide they need to go get him. He's a super fun prospect, probably someone I'll root for depending on where he ends up because it's always more fun to watch football when the toolsy guys reach their potential.

Think the Jets hope he continues to crush it.

If I loved Willis and felt I needed to go get him, I'd want to get ahead of a team with no long-term answer at QB and a coach who just helped develop a raw small school QB with a big arm and some running ability...right?

I also am not entirely sure that the Steelers all of a sudden developed a poker face.

• Upvote 1