It's Combine Week

section314

Let’s see how he reacts to an unpredictable situation…….

One of the yearly traditions at the NFL Scouting Combine is teams asking different prospects strange questions or having them preform weird tasks. 

The Philadelphia Eagles had North Carolina quarterback Sam Howell play a weird game during his interview with team officials. At the combine, Howell revealed that the Eagles had him shoot mini basketballs on a miniature hoop during their meeting.

haha what a waste of time ???

18 hours ago, Lith said:

That opening presser with him was weird too. Hard to believe that guy is a leader but it will be interesting to see. Very smart, sure, but even LaFleur has that leadership in him when he speaks. Maybe Saleh’s relationship with his brother wasn’t the only reason he’s here. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Neal looking slim for weighing in at 337.  

Edit: for the record Neal works out with the same trainer that Becton does.  

Goodness gracious. Weight had to be the biggest question. I’m sure he’ll have to discuss how he thinks he’d play lighter but 337 is still huge and he looks slim. Props to him.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Neal looking slim for weighing in at 337.  

Edit: for the record Neal works out with the same trainer that Becton does.  

Saw this earlier.  Hard to believe that is what 335 can look like.  Appears to be fit and a slim 335 -- if those words have ever been mentioned in the same sentence.

14 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

He should kill the combine. If so him at #10 might be viable. Guess it depends what London does also

Don't think London's doing anything at the combine. 

Burks probably has a chance to put himself in a territory that if they want him they'll need to take him at 4. Depends how fast he is of course, but I think he has a shot to surprise there.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Wasn’t he supposed to be taller?

I think each listed an inch higher but Burks always looked a little shorter than 6'3 - couldn't tell if it's just because he's stocky. Guess not. Guess 6'5 was London's "in shoes" height from when he hooped.

Good weight for London, he's going to need to continue to bulk up IMO.

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

I don't think so.  6'2" is about right.   London was the guy who was supposed to be close to 6'5" but measured a hair under 6'4".

Sorry I meant London. If he’s only 6’3ish and is running 4.6-4.7 then he’s going to drop. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, derp said:

I think each listed an inch higher but Burks always looked a little shorter than 6'3 - couldn't tell if it's just because he's stocky. Guess not. Guess 6'5 was London's "in shoes" height from when he hooped.

Good weight for London, he's going to need to continue to bulk up IMO.

Burks’ almost 80” wingspan allows him to play “taller” than he is.   He has a bigger span than London does.  

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Only one WR wants to bench 

8A67AA37-0610-4076-9DCE-37DE6C33DA22.png

They changed the schedule this year where all events take place the same day.  Usually the bench

would take place before the on field work, so I can understand if a "speed" player focuses on the field

work rather than the bench

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, KRL said:

They changed the schedule this year where all events take place the same day.  Usually the bench

would take place before the on field work, so I can understand if a "speed" player focus on the field

work rather than the bench

Yeah, I don't get why they changed the schedule unless they didn't want guys benching. Odd.