Jet Nation 2022 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

26 minutes ago, Dcat said:

definitely need bigger than a 500 upload for 2023.

This year's list was odd.  Seems like a lot of really good prospects were left off.  Maybe it was due to timing.  I have put the list together myself in past years, but it is a royal pain in the ass, so for the past few years I have just stolen Beerfish's list which is usually really good and comprehensive. 

This year's list just seems off a bit in both rankings and who is included.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Lith said:

This year's list was odd.  Seems like a lot of really good prospects were left off.  Maybe it was due to timing.  I have put the list together myself in past years, but it is a royal pain in the ass, so for the past few years I have just stolen Beerfish's list which is usually really good and comprehensive. 

This year's list just seems off a bit in both rankings and who is included.

I was surprised so many names I liked were off the list this year - starting with Tyler Smith up around the 2nd round.  Seems like putting the list together is brutal, so I didn't think anything bad this year, just reminds me of how great it has been in the past.

I kind of like guys not being on the list. Makes me feel like I know something, but I think this year the pro days have all been pretty late.  Usually there seems like way more data before we start.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Are we really going to wait two hours for @choon328 every time?  I thought there was a forfeit rule after the second missed pick?

Yup.  He has missed three straight picks.  I had been offline for a while or I would have made it sooner.  

19 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Sorry guys, family emergency. I apologize.  If someone could make my picks I'd appreciate it. 

No worries.  Hope all worked out well, but in the grand scheme of things, our draft does not mean much.

• Upvote 4

Had to take my token Canadian.  Luiji Vilain had a pretty darn good year for the Demon Deacons after being stuck on the depth chart in Michigan for a few years.  Now I have to go back and look at my list since Lith stole Alex Wright from me.  (Excellent pick)

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

104	3	40	82	LAR	Rams	RVAJET815	Marcus Jones	CB	Houston
142	4	37	32.2	LAR	Rams	RVAJET815	DeAngelo Malone	EDGE	Western Kentucky
175	5	32	17.8	LAR	Rams	RVAJET815	Tyler Badie	RB	Missouri
211	6	32	0.75	LAR	Rams	RVAJET815	Ben Brown	OG	Ole Miss
212	6	33	0.73	LAR	Rams	RVAJET815	Spencer Burford	OL	Texas-San Antonio
218	6	39	0.61	LAR	Rams	RVAJET815	Jake Camarda	P	Georgia
238	7	17	0.23	LAR	Rams	RVAJET815	Danny Gray	WR	SMU
253	7	32	0.03	LAR	Rams	RVAJET815	Kyron Johnson OLB Kansas	

Rams are done. Thanks for putting this together @Beerfish @Lith and thanks to @New York Mick@NYJetsVets91 @Dcat

• Sympathy 2

19 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'll change Cincinati's pick so you can have this one.  At least you're here.   @Lith  

Did he get chosen? I apologize. Didn't see him. I can make my backup if needed.

Edit: Jeez, right above me. My bad, man. Thanks for modifying. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Did he get chosen? I apologize. Didn't see him. I can make my backup if needed.

Sorry, that was my mistake.  I should have looked at the list you submitted this AM and I would not have chosen one of your guys for another team.  All good, thanks @Dcat

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lith said:

Sorry, that was my mistake.  I should have looked at the list you submitted this AM and I would not have chosen one of your guys for another team.  All good, thanks @Dcat

All good. I should have looked a little closer. Just woke up and need some caffeine. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, section314 said:

The Cleveland Browns want to thank @Lith @Dcat @NYJetsVets91  @New York Mick for once again running a great draft. Thanks for a great 3 weeks.

Thanks for running the draft!  It’s lots of work and much appreciated.

I’ve read up on lots of players doing this and I think the NFL draft will be lots more interesting.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Green Bay Packers:

1-18 Chris Olave - WR - Ohio State

2-28 Christian Watson - WR - North Dakota State

2-53 - Tyler Smith - OT - Tulsa

2-59 - Quay Walker - LB - Georgia

4-132 - Dominque Robinson - Edge - Miami (Ohio)

4-140 - Tycen Anderson - CB/S - Toledo

5-171 - Daniel Bellinger - TE - San Diego State

7-228 - JT Woods - S - Baylor

7-249 - Luiji Vilain - Edge - Wake Forest

7-258 - Isiah Pacheco - RB - Rutgers

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Green Bay Packers:

Would've looked good with a Charlie Kolar... 

?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Green Bay Packers:

Nice job. Pacheco is a good player, he just suffered from the same issues that plague Rutgers offense every year….. non Big 10 quality OL and horrific QB play. More importantly, thank you again for all the hours you spend on the Spreadsheet. It is so helpful and has so much info. ??

Buffalo Bills

1st (25) - OG, Kenyon Green

2nd (9) - CB, Roger McCreary

3rd (17) - WR, John Metchie

4th (25) - RB, Dameon Pierce

6th (6) - DL, Thomas Booker

7th (10) - ST/DB, Markquese Bell

It didn’t go the way I was expecting but I’m happy with these picks. I added more protection and weapons for Allen and a needed CB.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Buffalo Bills

1st (25) - OG, Kenyon Green

2nd (9) - CB, Roger McCreary

3rd (17) - WR, John Metchie

4th (25) - RB, Dameon Pierce

6th (6) - DL, Thomas Booker

7th (10) - ST/DB, Markquese Bell

It didn’t go the way I was expecting but I’m happy with these picks. I added more protection and weapons for Allen and a needed CB.

I think Beane would do cartwheels with those first two picks. On Sirius "Movin the Chains" they have been speculating that Buffalo is so stacked, they might even call old friend Schoen and try to trade up to get CB#1.

Dolphins pathetic 4 person draft. 

image.png

I hate the Lindstrom pick.  I am willing to bet that one or both of my 7s will be picked ahead of Lindstrom.  I don't know how I missed that Cam Jurgens was on the board and I took Lindstrom.  He will go in the 6th or 7th round and either Mathis or Wright (or both) will go before him.  

If that happens, I may be the first person in the history of the JN mock draft who has a 7th round pick get drafted by the NFL before my first pick in the draft.  I like the two 7th rounders.  Don't like Lindstrom, Beavers was meh.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

image.png

I hate the Lindstrom pick.  I am willing to bet that one or both of my 7s will be picked ahead of Lindstrom.  I don't know how I missed that Cam Jurgens was on the board and I took Lindstrom.  He will go in the 6th or 7th round and either Mathis or Wright (or both) will go before him.  

If that happens, I may be the first person in the history of the JN mock draft who has a 7th round pick get drafted by the NFL before my first pick in the draft.  I like the two 7th rounders.  Don't like Lindstrom, Beavers was meh.  

Lindstrom was a surprise there but Beavers is a good player and both your 7th rounders were on list for that round.  I had penciled in wright for my last pick.  Thanks for letting me care take the packers under the circumstances.  And thanks as usual for being one of the main drivers behind the draft.

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, section314 said:

I think Beane would do cartwheels with those first two picks. On Sirius "Movin the Chains" they have been speculating that Buffalo is so stacked, they might even call old friend Schoen and try to trade up to get CB#1.

Pierce is one of my favorite picks. He’s a great receiver

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Lith said:

image.png

I took his brother around 22 in the 2019 mock.  Pick after Metcalf went.  I think I stand by it.  I only had 5 picks and feel kind of similar.  Could have done a better job.

G Marquis Hayes

DT Neil Farrell Jr

LB Mike Rose

RB Tyler Allgeier

LB Chance Campbell