Jet Nation 2022 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Heard a podcast over the weekend with former Saints GM Randy Mueller. They had Mueller rank players based solely on film study without knowing how anyone else (Kiper, Jeremiah, etc) had ranked anyone. He listed Zamir White as his #1 back because he can play three downs and still be a threat to take it all the way on any snap, which he says the other backs in this class don’t offer.

The article below (written by "James Morgan") compares Zamir White to former Cowboys' RB, Marion Barber.  That would be a heck of a pick!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/zamir-white-compared-former-dallas-175830360.html

image.thumb.png.521156fccc081363f2bc11df258ae134.png

image.png.3e8370c1544c5ec566c35fdf6834f190.png

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Heard a podcast over the weekend with former Saints GM Randy Mueller. They had Mueller rank players based solely on film study without knowing how anyone else (Kiper, Jeremiah, etc) had ranked anyone. He listed Zamir White as his #1 back because he can play three downs and still be a threat to take it all the way on any snap, which he says the other backs in this class don’t offer.

Heard Brad Hopkins on Sirius yesterday morning. Said he has watched tons of film on all the OL guys, and thinks Ekwonu is the best prospect he’s seen in 10 years. Says he’s a mean cuss and just destroys people. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The article below (written by "James Morgan") compares Zamir White to former Cowboys' RB, Marion Barber.  That would be a heck of a pick!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/zamir-white-compared-former-dallas-175830360.html

image.thumb.png.521156fccc081363f2bc11df258ae134.png

image.png.3e8370c1544c5ec566c35fdf6834f190.png

@T0mShane  I want Joe Douglas to land Zeus for us somewhere in this draft...  was thinking rd 4 but...  

what a great compliment to Michael Carter. Giants? ptui.

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Heard Brad Hopkins on Sirius yesterday morning. Said he has watched tons of film on all the OL guys, and thinks Ekwonu is the best prospect he’s seen in 10 years. Says he’s a mean cuss and just destroys people. 

He or Gardner to me are the two best prospects in the draft as far as being clean and very very good. 

• Upvote 1

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

There are a few players I do not see on the draft list that have not been drafted that are pretty surprising to me.  Make sure as you are prepping for your next pick that you use a few trusted draft resources other than just looking at the player sheet.  (Such as nfl.com combine or cbs sports or whatever draft site you like.)

Each year we have done this draft there are 8, 10, 12 guys that get drafted that are not on the sheet to start with.  

Now the next obvious question is 'Why are there players that are not on the sheet?'

I start populating the players on the sheet a few weeks maybe even a month before the combine.  I use a couple of sites that actually rank players into the 300 or 400 hundreds.  Most sites have a big board that maybe goes to 100.

Thus if the big sites do not list a player he may not show up in the draft list, maybe they forgot about the player or maybe the guy just rose up suddenly into draft rankings after the shrine bowl or senior bowl or after the combine. 

In any case have at least a quick look at other sites and position rankings so you do not miss out on literally hidden gems.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3

33 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

There are a few players I do not see on the draft list that have not been drafted that are pretty surprising to me.  Make sure as you are prepping for your next pick that you use a few trusted draft resources other than just looking at the player sheet.  (Such as nfl.com combine or cbs sports or whatever draft site you like.)

Each year we have done this draft there are 8, 10, 12 guys that get drafted that are not on the sheet to start with.  

Now the next obvious question is 'Why are there players that are not on the sheet?'

I start populating the players on the sheet a few weeks maybe even a month before the combine.  I use a couple of sites that actually rank players into the 300 or 400 hundreds.  Most sites have a big board that maybe goes to 100.

Thus if the big sites do not list a player he may not show up in the draft list, maybe they forgot about the player or maybe the guy just rose up suddenly into draft rankings after the shrine bowl or senior bowl or after the combine. 

In any case have at least a quick look at other sites and position rankings so you do not miss out on literally hidden gems.

shoot me a list w/names, school, pos, ht/wt if you have them and I can add them in later. 

Sheet usually has 1000.  This one had 500.  Added 8 so far and we are only up to pick 171. The next 90picks will have more.  

The 8:

day 2Tyler SmithOT6'4"324Tulsa

day 2/3Cameron JurgensOC6'3"290Nebraska

day 2/3Zion McCollumCB6'2"202Sam Houston State

day 2/3Dylan ParhamOL6'3"311Memphis

day 2/3Nick CrossS6'1"215Maryland

3/UDFAAustin DeculusOL6'5"321LSU

day 2/3Tyler AllgeierRB5'11"224BYU

3/UDFADaniel BellingerTE6'4"252San Diego St

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

shoot me a list w/names, school, pos, ht/wt if you have them and I can add them in later. 

Sheet usually has 1000.  This one had 500.  Added 8 so far and we are only up to pick 171. The next 90picks will have more.  

The 8:

I will send you three players I am aware of, there are more undoubtedly.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

The 8:

That list of 8 has two of my favorite picks (Tyler Smith and Zion McCollum) and one of mine (Allgeier, who is not a huge favorite).

• Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

hahahahahha @T0mShane took that chump Jack Coan and left me stud muffin Bailey Zappe.

What a loser! 

Fast forward to December 2025: Zach Wilson, studio analyst at the Big Sky Network, gets caught on an open mic using a racial slur to describe an Italian fullback; Bailey Zappe is making $500 a week as the third string QB on the Saskatchewan RoughRiders; and in Giants Stadium (as New York reverts to calling it) is roaring as backup QB Jack Coan leads the G-Men to victory, and entire sections of Coan-heads scream their lungs out during a three week period known as “Coansanity.”

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2