John Benton and his assistants are the Jets best positional coaches

38 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

Will that kid Zion Johnson slip into the second or third round? He was working at center and guard at the Senior Bowl, and the staff got to work with him.

Don’t think so. Many mocks now have him a late 1st 24-32 ish. But who knows? This is a kooky draft.?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Dude, they started Conor McDermott at LT and Feeny at C against the #1 D in the NFL. 

And, IIRC, a lot of those sacks were due to Zach refusing to get rid of the ball, trying to make something happen in the last game of the season.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Jets line gave up 9 sacks in the season finale vs Buffalo

9 sacks. 9. 

What improvement? 

He's also caught a DUI charge maybe he's their worst coach? 

What was that starting line again?

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The sign of a good position coach is when the backups play and no one notices 

Also, is this true when basically ALL the backups play? Or is it if one or maybe two play on a cohesive line? 

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Drums said:

Also, is this true when basically ALL the backups play? Or is it if one or maybe two play on a cohesive line? 

Yes it's true. Look at Mike munchak in Pittsburgh and Denver. He developed these backups like Villanueva and Zach banner into starters. And when muti plays in Denver or schlottman, these bums do great 

The Jets backups are liabilities and part of that is bentons fault 

35 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

And, IIRC, a lot of those sacks were due to Zach refusing to get rid of the ball, trying to make something happen in the last game of the season.

Don't forget the receiving corps he was throwing to that game. I know Davis, Moore and Berrios were out for that game.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

I don't recall seeing him do much of the bolded above v. Buffalo. 

In point of fact he was extremely cautious, abjectly avoiding any chance of throwing an INT, to the detriment of any actual attempt at production or scoring. 

He didn't get rid of the ball because he was 100% about avoiding throwing INT's.  

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

one play into one game and they are starters.

As I said before, i cant believe there was not someone better than feeny for 3.5 million.

I liked the joke, but this isn't really true.

McDermott probably projects as a guard.  He was playing LT because Becton, Fant and Edoga all went down.  That is kind of apples to oranges with trotting him out at G.  Even if they don't draft anyone else, he will still probably be behind Fant, Becton and Edoga.  Feeny was horrible at G, but seemed okay at C, at least until this Bills game.  He seemed pretty good against Tampa the week prior.    

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't recall seeing him do much of the bolded above v. Buffalo. 

In point of fact he was extremely cautious, abjectly avoiding any chance of throwing an INT, to the detriment of any actual attempt at production or scoring. 

He didn't get rid of the ball because he was 100% about avoiding throwing INT's.  

It's possible I'm misremembering, as by that point in the season my attention span for the Jets was just above "baby watching C-SPAN" level, but I recall a lot of Zach running around with the ball, looking downfield.

If he were just trying to avoid INTs, he'd just throw it away, no?

3 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

It's possible I'm misremembering, as by that point in the season my attention span for the Jets was just above "baby watching C-SPAN" level, but I recall a lot of Zach running around with the ball, looking downfield.

If he were just trying to avoid INTs, he'd just throw it away, no?

He did throw it away.  He also held it too long waiting for a 100% safe throw that never came.  He was 100% in "protect the ball" mode that game, all game long.  Some of the least aggressive and most cautious QB'ing I've ever seen.  JMO, I'm sure his biggest fans can portray it as brilliant decision making in the face of unsurmountable odds or something, lol. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He did throw it away.  He also held it too long waiting for a 100% safe throw that never came.  He was 100% in "protect the ball" mode that game, all game long.  Some of the least aggressive and fearful QB's I've ever seen.  JMO, I'm sure his biggest fans can portray it as brilliant decision making in the face of unsurmountable odds or something, lol. 

I'd have to watch the game again to be sure, and maybe look at the all-22, but I can't be bothered, lol.

And, ftr, I wasn't trying to make a defense of Wilson. My main point was that he likely caused a lot of those sacks.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

I'd have to watch the game again to be sure, and maybe look at the all-22, but I can't be bothered, lol.

And, ftr, I wasn't trying to make a defense of Wilson. My main point was that he likely caused a lot of those sacks.

Naa, no point rehashing it now.  Look forward young man, not back!

And yes, all year long he caused or helped cause a goodly number of the sacks given up.  

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Naa, no point rehashing it now.  Look forward young man, not back!

And yes, all year long he caused or helped cause a goodly number of the sacks given up.  

Here's to hoping he's better next year, but preparing for the event that he's not!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

The Jets line gave up 9 sacks in the season finale vs Buffalo

9 sacks. 9. 

What improvement? 

He's also caught a DUI charge maybe he's their worst coach? 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Dude, they started Conor McDermott at LT and Feeny at C against the #1 D in the NFL. 

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

The sign of a good position coach is when the backups play and no one notices 

True, but against a Buffalo team at home playing for playoff positioning it was a very tall order to ask guys like Feeney and McDermott to hold up and allow Zach to find a bunch of random guys down the field getting open.  Look at the pass catchers the Jets had that day.... no Elijah Moore, no Corey Davis, no Braxton Berrios..... nuthin'.

1214503912_ScreenShot2022-04-18at10_48_43AM.png.204c58128f7e81686d89e7e904907710.png

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1