***Week 4 Other Games Thread***

Lith

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

I now want Cousins to throw a pick-6 to end this game, just to bring balance back to the ridiculousness of how this game is currently wrapping up.

Agree but it is going to be a typical cousins win.

play like garbage but get a win

The Saints probably have the most historic beef with refs of any team in the league.  To see this going on makes me really feel for that team and its fans.  There is no possible way for the NFL to turn a blind eye to the biased calls in the last quarter, yet they will.  It's hard not to feel like at least one ref was bought and paid for.  Makes it so much less enjoyable to watch the games.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, section314 said:

Only a matter of time before the NFL has their own, much larger, Tim Donaghy scandal.

Their problem is the lack of consistency with the refs.. when it hits.. it's going be a total sh*tstorm. That contract they signed with the ref's union makes any sort of accountability for the refs impossible. 

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

That is why they're in the London game. It always sells out regardless and they don't want to mess with teams who will be in the fight for the playoffs. 

Yup.  Meanwhile, I was completely wrong about the game.  Wound up being exciting at the end.  If the ball bounces inside, Lutz would have had two 60 yarders.  Wow.  

Just telling my wife that I watched the game when Tom Dempsey hit the record 63 yarder, which lasted until Tucker's monster 66-yard kick.   Can still see Dempsey with his half cleat kicking it straight on.

• Upvote 1

Strange stat of the week.

AFCW was projected to be the best division in football.  Collectively they have 6 wins with 3 more games to play (DEN-LV guarantees one win and one loss if not a tie).  So either 7 or 8 wins after this week.

NFCE was projected to be the worst division in football.  Collectively they have 11 wins.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

So the ball was just snapped over Kyler Murray's head and the announcers are acting surprised LOL.

Well also, just the fact you are in shotgun on 4th and inches is stupid.  Is Murray one of these guys that never takes a snap under center?

• Upvote 1