Zachs best play of the day

3 minutes ago, hawk said:

So an physically fit athlete has to fear for injury for throwing a block.

The QB more than any other player knows (At least should know) where the line to gain is.

Its the same reason he bails out of the pocket so easily.  He is a coward.  

Knowing where the line to gain is from the pocket is different than running for it. I honestly  never want to see Zach throwing a block or looking for contact. He isn't Josh Allen. The fact that this was more for Humor os besides the point. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Not really true but ok

10/18 for 110 yds. for the season he is 42/75 (56%) 1 TD and 2 INT. there isn't a world where this is good stats. we are winning because the defense has been good and the running game with hall has been very good. zach wilson hasn't done anything except not lost the games by throwing a ton of ints. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, neckdemon said:

10/18 for 110 yds. for the season he is 42/75 (56%) 1 TD and 2 INT. there isn't a world where this is good stats. we are winning because the defense has been good and the running game with hall has been very good. zach wilson hasn't done anything except not lost the games by throwing a ton of ints. 

Completely Disagree 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, hawk said:

Really, a team player throws a block and Breece scores.

Slides short of a first early in the game.

Seems like he is worried about himself.

Hi. Welcome to the forum. This is American football, aka Football. If you have any questions about basic fundamentals, how the game is played or rules like "if we score a touchdown, how many points do we get" feel free to ask. Someone from the moderator team will be right along to help you out. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, pointman said:

Hi. Welcome to the forum. This is American football, aka Football. If you have any questions about basic fundamentals, how the game is played or rules like "if we score a touchdown, how many points do we get" feel free to ask. Someone from the moderator team will be right along to help you out. Thanks!

Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

3 hours ago, hawk said:

Really, a team player throws a block and Breece scores.

Slides short of a first early in the game.

Seems like he is worried about himself.

He is 3-0. He knows that he needs to be there for his team to win and throwing himself in harms way jeopardizes that. You want him to do that in the AFC title or SB fine, but not in a game you are controlling this early in the season.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Xtina said:

Good. Sick of him taking unnecessarily stupid risks 

The ones I'm talking about aren't unnecessarily stupid. You're thinking of throws into quadruple coverage or backpedaling 50 yards to take a sack. 

I'm talking about when he puts his 150% effort out there and it helps the team, like when he dove in for that TD, or his run against the Jaguars last season. Today he just kinda floated around and decided not to block for Hall. And granted it didn't matter because the Jets blew GB out anyways but we better hope he blocks when it actually does

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

The ones I'm talking about aren't unnecessarily stupid. You're thinking of throws into quadruple coverage or backpedaling 50 yards to take a sack. 

I'm talking about when he puts his 150% effort out there and it helps the team, like when he dove in for that TD, or his run against the Jaguars last season. Today he just kinda floated around and decided not to block for Hall. And granted it didn't matter because the Jets blew GB out anyways but we better hope he blocks when it actually does

No I’m talking about when he risks physical injury needlessly 

• Upvote 1

This is the second week in a row where I will complain about Zach despite a double digit win. The guy just isn’t very good with ball placement, and his inability to take over games despite all of the opportunities just screams game manager. He hasn’t shown that he’s a FQB yet, and I was really hoping that by this point he would have.

• Upvote 2

ZW definitely had a bad game.  He’s getting quite lucky with some of those near int throws, and he has to clean that up fast.  He easily could have 3 or 4 more picks this year..  And unlike last week, he didn’t take care of himself, and got crushed a few times (that hit from behind, when you back into the defense is such a killer, and its exactly the one that i’m most worried about for him).  

Having said that, LaFleur is doing a great job of managing him.   ZW throws a nice quick 1 read ball in tempo, usually on slants off play action, and if the running game is clicking, that should be good enough to win a few more games this year.  He basically needs to learn to throw the ball away when he doesn’t get what he wants, which he did last week, but failed to do today.

Everything is teachable in the NFL, but nothing happens if you are on IR.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, neckdemon said:

Do the Steelers game next.

12 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I was thinking the same thing. You are up by 2 TD's and on the 5 with under 3 minutes left and you want your QB to be blocking on a run play? Just dumb. 

Hell, I didn't even want Hall to get back in the game then & was wondering what was the upside when they did (other than getting him a TD for his stats that didn't end up happening anyway). TBH I wasn't that thrilled even on the two prior runs using MC1 for that matter. If they don't get in then, absent a missed chip-shot, they're up 3 scores plus GB had no TOs left. The game was over. Put ***ing Ty Johnson in there, let Flacco hand it off, get Brown off the field before he re-injures his shoulder worse on a play that doesn't matter, too... 

Luckily none of them got injured, but we'd all have plenty to say if even one of them did.

After the ridiculous sequence of tackle injuries in Aug-Sept, Wilson's own injury, and the Jets' WR injuries all over last season, I'm admittedly over the top sensitive to unnecessary risk. So yeah Wilson was right to not give up his body on a garbage time TD (given how close the FG attempt would be), because he shouldn't have been on the field in the first place doing anything except handing it off, if even that. No blocking, no running it in. Nothing.

We don't think about it much because how often are we up (or with a chip-shot FG, effectively up) by 3 scores in the closing minutes. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, PS17 said:

Semi related: Why the **** are we calling designed QB runs late in a blowout when Zach has the durability of an H&M t-shirt? 

to me it looked like they were trying out plays for future games.  pretty bad that they had first and goal twice without scoring a td.  give gb some credit for their dline play.  i suspect if the jets were serious about scoring they would've tried one or more play action plays.

13 hours ago, neckdemon said:

as long as they get the w they're great stats.  give gb credit for doing a great job on defense.  they bottled up the jet receivers and put pressure on wilson.  it's almost like this team plays rope-a-dope for three quarters and their goal is to keep it close.  then they uncork some good plays in the fourth to win.  i'm surprised people aren't complaining about the ground and pound aspect of the jets game plan yet.  seems like they start every drive with a run up the middle.

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

as long as they get the w they're great stats.  give gb credit for doing a great job on defense.  they bottled up the jet receivers and put pressure on wilson.  it's almost like this team plays rope-a-dope for three quarters and their goal is to keep it close.  then they uncork some good plays in the fourth to win.  i'm surprised people aren't complaining about the ground and pound aspect of the jets game plan yet.  seems like they start every drive with a run up the middle.

idk so far we are winning despite zach wilson's play not because of it. not even close really. his vision hasn't been very good at all.....holds the ball to long, stares down his primary read and doesn't see open receivers and when he does it's 50/50 on whether or not he will even throw an accurate pass. hopefully het gets better because he really hasn't been good since he was drafted....but i have a feeling we will be looking for another qb. hopefully i'm wrong

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, neckdemon said:

idk so far we are winning despite zach wilson's play not because of it. not even close really. his vision hasn't been very good at all.....holds the ball to long, stares down his primary read and doesn't see open receivers and when he does it's 50/50 on whether or not he will even throw an accurate pass. hopefully het gets better because he really hasn't been good since he was drafted....but i have a feeling we will be looking for another qb. hopefully i'm wrong

LaFleur is the MVP of this season so far. That we have been putting up points despite Zach's play has been incredible to watch, and it's a good omen for our offense going forward. Hopefully Zach takes next steps soon and shows he can be a FQB.

• Upvote 2