The Debbie Downer Train of doubt and excuses

@Maxman

We need some more emoji options.  Like seriously, this thread is the poster child for how badly we need them.  The thumbs down just doesn't adequately allow T0m to express the full range his negative emotions and we are all the poorer for it :)

For example, I'd like to commission someone to turn this into one:

image.png

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

@Maxman

We need some more emoji options.  Like seriously, this thread is the poster child for how badly we need them.  The thumbs down just doesn't adequately allow T0m to express the full range his negative emotions and we are all the poorer for it :)

image.png

There are a million emoji options. But yes the rep options need an overhaul. I think someone else is going to have an announcement on that soon. I don't want to steal his thunder since he is doing all the work. I am a slacker.

• Thumb Down 1

21 minutes ago, nycdan said:

@Maxman

image.png

I never new TomShane wrestled, and that he wasnt American either

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, nycdan said:

@Maxman

image.png

so u just have this image laying around

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, GandWFan said:

Nice!  Where did you get those balls?  No homo.

My balls you ask???  Oh, golf balls. :) I may have just bought the last batch. Go to E-Bay.  The balls I bought are the Bridgestone E6. a GREAT ball for a handicapper between say 6 and higher. The new NFL Contract is with Wilson. I have those as well.   The Wilson balls are good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334528829787?hash=item4de378d95b:g:D4oAAOSw2vti88kT&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoA9dc%2BFA%2FDz%2FGzFUmACfRKCI6t5iAQ35cRWrGqgZu9MYt54JYODYlnqQh82HmtYhlepnYuhFDXQgXt%2Fk5eMy9rxfCI1wLQDpiLXqQXrdwyW5rVgLlhKZhZe63v2ej%2BndkoUMGcERmUgX7sf74mlqokPjD1yAeT1GmaHsUCjLgylMxr6gBVl4EN7C0o9JHjD%2BLc4vffFAvklycLJDIjiIUOc%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR9atk-7-YA

4 hours ago, Lith said:

Nice.  This was my latest Jets purchase earlier this week.  Toddler Jet jersey for my two year old grandson.

image.png

Driving out to Iowa this weekend, planning to spend Sunday with my son and grandson watching the Jets.  He needs to be dressed approriately, and it no longer can be argued that it is abuse to try to make sure he grows up to be a Jet fan.

My damn daughter married a Giants fan.  Great guy but jeez... a Giants fan?

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

My balls you ask???  Oh, golf balls. :) I may have just bought the last batch. Go to E-Bay.  The balls I bought are the Bridgestone E6. a GREAT ball for a handicapper between say 6 and higher. The new NFL Contract is with Wilson. I have those as well.   The Wilson balls are good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334528829787?hash=item4de378d95b:g:D4oAAOSw2vti88kT&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoA9dc%2BFA%2FDz%2FGzFUmACfRKCI6t5iAQ35cRWrGqgZu9MYt54JYODYlnqQh82HmtYhlepnYuhFDXQgXt%2Fk5eMy9rxfCI1wLQDpiLXqQXrdwyW5rVgLlhKZhZe63v2ej%2BndkoUMGcERmUgX7sf74mlqokPjD1yAeT1GmaHsUCjLgylMxr6gBVl4EN7C0o9JHjD%2BLc4vffFAvklycLJDIjiIUOc%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR9atk-7-YA

Thanks!

21 hours ago, Lith said:

Nice.  This was my latest Jets purchase earlier this week.  Toddler Jet jersey for my two year old grandson.

image.png

Driving out to Iowa this weekend, planning to spend Sunday with my son and grandson watching the Jets.  He needs to be dressed approriately, and it no longer can be argued that it is abuse to try to make sure he grows up to be a Jet fan.

I bought about 10 of these many years ago.  I have 4 left still with the tag.  Gonna wear this hat today with my normal 4 some. 2 of whom are Pats fans.   Play my Jets logo'd balls as well.  Go Jets.  @Green Ghost @JiFapono

0.jpg

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I bought about 10 of these many years ago.  I have 4 left still with the tag.  Gonna wear this hat today with my normal 4 some. 2 of whom are Pats fans.   Play my Jets logo'd balls as well.  Go Jets.  @Green Ghost @JiFapono

0.jpg

Nice, the only Jets stuff I have on my bag is a towel, figured it's fitting to clean the sh*t off my clubs w/ a Jets towel.  I have a Gators bag and a Mets head cover, just to ensure my game is as lousy at my teams.

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

There are a million emoji options. But yes the rep options need an overhaul. I think someone else is going to have an announcement on that soon. I don't want to steal his thunder since he is doing all the work. I am a slacker.

It would be very JetNation to overhaul the rep system to give these animals spicier options to hit me with than the classic “thumbs down.”

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Nice, the only Jets stuff I have on my bag is a towel, figured it's fitting to clean the sh*t off my clubs w/ a Jets towel.  I have a Gators bag and a Mets head cover, just to ensure my game is as lousy at my teams.

Serious question: has the Gators bag ever been arrested? Subpoenaed? Has the Gators bag ever suspiciously eluded academic probation? Have the feds ever sought a DNA sample from the Gators bag?

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Serious question: has the Gators bag ever been arrested? Subpoenaed? Has the Gators bag ever suspiciously eluded academic probation? Have the feds ever sought a DNA sample from the Gators bag?

Meh, trying a lil to hard and living in the past here, buckaroo.  Prob would have been better off w/ something like; I bet that Gator bag can do a better job of helping the team get off the field on 3rd down (Gators are currently the worst 3rd down defense in the entire country).

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Meh, trying a lil to hard and living in the past here, buckaroo.  Prob would have been better off w/ something like; I bet that Gator bag can do a better job of helping the team get off the field on 3rd down (Gators are currently the worst 3rd down defense in the entire country).

Let me reboot. Hold on. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Yes... I have a Jets towel on my bag as well. Muddy as shlt.  

9 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Yes... I have a Jets towel on my bag as well. Muddy as shlt.  

Shot a solid 79 today but sh*t man, it could have been so much better.  I missed at least 5 birdie putts in the 10-20 foot range (3 jacked an eagle putt) and doubled 18 stupidly hitting it in water I could have easily avoided on my approach.  Like one of those you stand over and tell yourself, there is no reason to go for this flag, just aim for the left side of the green and dont **** w/ the water and then do it anyway because you're feeling yourself!  haha ******* addicted.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/19/2022 at 10:28 AM, greenwichjetfan said:

This.

I've gone above and beyond to call this one of the best assembled Jets teams of my lifetime. I have actual love for Breece and Kwon and Sauce. I've admitted I was wrong about JD after his initial draft. Yet, I've been labeled a hater because I feel like Zach isn't progressing the way he should be and my concern is that over the long run, it's going to hold back this awesome team.

Really makes you think about who the Jets fans are and who the Zach fanboys are.

Since we won again yesterday, I better not see anyone saying anything mean about Zach! You Debbie downers want to be miserable, go do it elsewhere. Zach’s progress has been amazing and if you can’t see that and celebrate the wins, then you’re all just diseased haters!

54 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Since we won again yesterday, I better not see anyone saying anything mean about Zach! You Debbie downers want to be miserable, go do it elsewhere. Zach’s progress has been amazing and if you can’t see that and celebrate the wins, then you’re all just diseased haters!

Mods censor him please!! I’m having a panic attack from this reasonable opinion and need to be protected from the disease! SAVE ME MODS!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! 

On 10/20/2022 at 9:36 AM, JiFapono said:

and another fwiw, I like the fact there are "debbie downers" or "doubters" or "haters" or "anti-Zaxers" or whatever silliness is out there.  Makes the board much more fun.  And as usual, both sides have merit and the truth lies in between but those realistic takes get drowned out by the extremist takes.  That's life.  And the NFL has become a reactionary week to week drama fest, so this should be expected.  

Reality is, by no measure does Zach Wilson look like the 2nd overall pick but he's improving while the team is winning and that is literally a best case scenario for Jets fans.  He's surprising in ways that I didnt expect; toughness, leadership, composure and he's disappointing in ways that we were told to expect; accuracy, pocket presence, off script ability.  So who knows what the kid is still at this point but what I do know, is nobody expected this start (except @Skeptable lol) so the fact they are 4-2, the youngsters are way ahead of where we expected them to be, the free agents look to be stellar and Zach is doing just enough to win, is awesome.  It's fun to watch, finally, and it's gives you a ton of hope as a Jets fan.  This is a good team. 

This year was always about Zach's development and we were going to have to take the good with the bad no matter what but most of us thought in a losing season.  The good news is, the bad, isnt that bad, it's not hurting the team.  In fact, he's helping.  The offense is significantly better w/ Zach behind center and when they've needed him, he's delivered.  I'll take it while also wanting to see more out of Zach.  If we didnt have the Steelers game to reference, maybe I'd be concerned but since we do and it was awesome and he's delivered when needed, I'm good with this type of progress and excited to see if he can improve. 

13-4! Its coming

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 3:51 PM, jetstream23 said:

Some narratives/excuses that have been moved to the back burner in recent weeks...

1. Yeah, the Jets won on the road but they needed trick plays and an onside kick to do it.  Let's see them win for real. (after Cleveland)

2. Yeah, they won for real but were outplayed for 3 quarters and needed Zach to play hero ball for a comeback win in the 4th Q.  Let's see them go wire-to-wire.  (after Steelers)

3. Yeah, they went wire-to-wire with a commanding win vs a division opponent but it was against a 3rd string QB.  Let's see them beat a quality QB!!! (after Miami)

4. Okay, okay...yeah they beat one of the Top 5 QBs of the last decade on the road, didn't need luck, AND went wire-to-wire again never trailing in the game.  But....  Elijah Moore needs more targets. (after Green Bay)

It's fine to be skeptical but don't be such a downer that you're constantly reverting to "Yeah, but..." all the time.  We've had plenty to complain about for years around here, I'm going to take the time to just enjoy these victories rather than focusing on a few clouds on an otherwise very sunny day.

Debbie Downer Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

5. Yeah, they beat the best team in the AFC and an MVP level QB, but did you see Braden Mann slip on the kickoff? (after Buffalo game)

Sorry, that's all I could come up with today.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1