Who should start at QB against the Bears on Sunday?

MykePM

Who should start at QB against the Bears on Sunday?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who should start at QB against the Bears on Sunday?

• Zach Wilson
    • Mike White
    • Joe Flacco
    • Chris Streveler
    • The winner of a competition at practice this week

After the debacle and post game attitude from Zack Wilson I think Mike White SHOULD…

…but I’d bet Wilson starts with a REALLY short leash.

This team is exponentially better than last season and Wilson looks the same / worse any given week.

Mike White just has to be better than Zack Wilson’s been this year to finish off the season as the starter, and if he is better then this is a playoff team.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Anybody but Flacco.

I'll get torched for this but if Zach practices well then I start him with a very, very short leash.  If the offense doesn't do much then they pull him and don't look back.  

This is basically exactly what I would do 

You could argue that he is so out of touch based on his lack of accountability in the postgame, that white should start, regardless. You could also argue that benching Wilson might be the best thing for him longterm - another performance like yesterday and he might find himself out of the league next year 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

This is basically exactly what I would do 

You could argue that he is so out of touch based on his lack of accountability in the postgame, that white should start, regardless. You could also argue that benching Wilson might be the best thing for him longterm - another performance like yesterday and he might find himself out of the league next year 

Bingo.

If he struggles and the offense doesn't move in the 1st half then come out in the 2nd half with White or whoever they choose.  A benching might be the last best hope for Zach.  A couple weeks watching, listening, refreshing might help.....or, it might not.  But at least the Jets will know they gave him every last chance to make changes and improve in this second season.

The Jets know Zach better than anyone.  They'll make the right decision here.  We started to see that today with Saleh saying the starter at QB is not yet determined for next week.  That gets Saleh cred in the locker room and obviously with the fanbase given this forum's reaction to the news today.  If you're Robert Saleh you know one thing, it's better to potentially shake the confidence of one player, even your QB, rather than lose the confidence of the other 52 guys on the team.

• Upvote 1