*** NFL Game day 12-24 ***

Beerfish

Happy Christmas eve!  May you all get your red rider air rifles for Christmas.

The big game for us is tomorrow, phins vs packers.  I really want to see the Bengals smoke the pats as I'd hate to have a chance to knock out Miami last game of the year and watch the pats get in some how if that is possible.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don’t know if I was the earliest leader of the Fields brigade two years ago, but I definitely was an early member.  Watching what we did with Streveler the other night and now watching Fields weekly it’s hard not to think we’d be a top 3 seed with him.

MLF would have forced him to sit in the pocket and throw the ball 50 times.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don’t know if I was the earliest leader of the Fields brigade two years ago, but I definitely was an early member.  Watching what we did with Streveler the other night and now watching Fields weekly it’s hard not to think we’d be a top 3 seed with him.

It took the Bears a full year and a half to figure out that they could be much better if he ran a lot.  I'm not sure the current sets would not be doing the same thing, make him a pure pocket passer.  The jets consider streveler to be gimmick

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It took the Bears a full year and a half to figure out that they could be much better if he ran a lot.  I'm not sure the current sets would not be doing the same thing, make him a pure pocket passer.  The jets consider streveler to be gimmick

You might very well be right.  I just don’t know that the “Shannahan” offense requires a pocket passer, so I don’t know if LaFluer has been trying to make Wilson a pocket passer because they can’t figure anything else out with him or they truly want that.  I always thought the offense was built around moving the pocket, rolls, boots, half field reads etc. I think Fields would be excellent in that role.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

You might very well be right.  I just don’t know that the “Shannahan” offense requires a pocket passer, so I don’t know if LaFluer has been trying to make Wilson a pocket passer because they can’t figure anything else out with him or they truly want that.  I always thought the offense was built around moving the pocket, rolls, boots, half field reads etc. I think Fields would be excellent in that role.

If we had Fields you'd probably see an offense similar to the one Trey Lance would have ran.....

Think RG3 rookie season......Outside Zone base with some pistol runs, read option, RPO mixed in