Mike McDaniel

I don’t see where’s there’s so much mystery as to what he’s doing.  He’s got the two burners in tyreek and waddle who can both catch and can beat most coverages.  They also get lots of yards after catch so tua doesn’t have to throw it far or wait for routes to develop.  And then he uses the pass to set up the run.  Mostert is pretty much an average back who prospers because the passing gets the defenders off of the line.

• Upvote 3

On 12/21/2023 at 1:40 PM, viffer said:

The first time I saw him on the Miami sidelines I thought he was the IT nerd. Figured he was there to fix the Surface tablets. Doesn't look like a football guy at all. I would, however, take him over our losing offensive coaching staff.

He’s a thousand times better than our last 3 head coaches combined 

• Upvote 2

On 12/29/2023 at 6:18 AM, Rich Thornburgh said:

Saleh is what 17-33 now?  I know he had the worst bust quarterback since Duhmarcus Russell forced upon him but still

If Saleh were the DC for the Broncos when they gave up 70 points to the Dolphins, he'd talk about how his defense shut them down the final 8 minutes of the game.  

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

imagine the fins fire him so they can hire belichick and we get to add him to our staff. 

Add him to our staff?  As in "he reports to Robert Saleh"?  I'd much rather he replaces Robert Saleh entirely.

• Upvote 3

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Add him to our staff?  As in "he reports to Robert Saleh"?  I'd much rather he replaces Robert Saleh entirely.

Yeah I mean I think a lot of fans still look at him and say “no way he’s a head coach.” But, this is the new league. These are the kinds of head coaches we’ll be seeing. 

X’s and O’s and can relate to and get close to the team on a personal level. The Parcells, Shula, Coughlin taskmaster days are gone.

• Upvote 2

On 1/17/2023 at 4:25 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

He's kind of dorky but I like this dude.   If the Dolphins fire him, I'd 100% be up for hiring him as OC of the NYJ.

McDaniel went to Yale.

Hackett went to UC Davis, which is renowned (among those in the know) for, of all things, its impressive cafeteria.

Some might argue a grown man walking around in a “Positive Vibes Only” t-shirt (and distributing them to the team for compulsory usage) is kind of dorky.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

yeah no way he would accept reporting top robert saleh. mike mcdaniel is at least intelligent and has had success as a head coach. robert saleh is an idiot cheer leader, who sucks at head coaching and has the record to prove it

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Some of you McDaniel ball washers might want to talk to some Dolphin fans and see what they think of the guy. Many are very unhappy with him. How did that high powered offense look the last 3 weeks of the season? His play calling in the second half of the Bills game was atrocious and it wasn't much better yesterday.