Super Bowl Food. What Ya Got

chirorob

47 minutes ago, Larz said:

Gonna make Air fryer wings, marinated with bbq sauce.  Gonna buy and heat up loaded potato skins, mozzarella sticks, pizza bagels 

I’ve lost 25 lbs, this is going down as an epic cheat day lol. 

Good job on the weight loss! 

I made a huge batch of my chili last night. Got some jalapeño poppers for the air fryer and have some friends coming over. 

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, Larz said:

Gonna make Air fryer wings, marinated with bbq sauce.  Gonna buy and heat up loaded potato skins, mozzarella sticks, pizza bagels 

I’ve lost 25 lbs, this is going down as an epic cheat day lol. 

Did you use an "approach" for the weight loss?  e.g. Intermittent fasting

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I do intermittent fasting. It is pretty good once you get a rhythm. My issue is inactivity (apartment living). Once I have my home gym back it’ll be good. 

The key with IF is to not pig out in your window. Eat normal, nutrient dense healthy food.

2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I lost a fair amount, just really cut sugar, carbs and alcohol.

We buy really well sourced beef, a friend has a ranch so I get a grass fed cow.  Lot's of protein, lots of good fats.

Got to my target weight and slowly re introduced things a bit.

I manage to gain and lose the same 20lbs over and over. It’s great.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I found out I’m pre diabetic.  Cut out soda, candy, and a lot of carbs. Added fruits, and a ton of veggies.  Got stevia sweetener , truvia for coffee. Dinner plate is now 1/2 veggies, 1/4 protein and 1/4 carbs.  I miss my morning bagel the most, but eggs are actually ok so I have omelette bites from Dunkin or egg on wheat bread.  
this was the easy 25, the next 25 I’m going to join my daughter’s gym and become one with the cardio equipment 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Larz said:

I found out I’m pre diabetic.  Cut out soda, candy, and a lot of carbs. Added fruits, and a ton of veggies.  Got stevia sweetener , truvia for coffee. Dinner plate is now 1/2 veggies, 1/4 protein and 1/4 carbs.  I miss my morning bagel the most, but eggs are actually ok so I have omelette bites from Dunkin or egg on wheat bread.  
this was the easy 25, the next 25 I’m going to join my daughter’s gym and become one with the cardio equipment 

Check out the book “Eat to live” by Joel fuhrman. @CTM introduced it to me 10 years ago and it’s got a ton of great recos

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

We’re having a quiet SB at home this year. My wife is preparing pulled pork nachos and some other goodies. Nothing crazy.

Next year, we hope to be able to host our first SB party - so, Woody best go get us a SB QB.

I’ll mark my calendar! My son-in-laws birthday was yesterday so we watched the grandson until 3 am. So we are meeting friends out at a sports bar. So hot wings and modest disappointment this year. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Update. Wife is making roast beef sliders on kings Hawaiian rolls w au jus… if you haven’t had a variation in this, I feel bad for you son.

I cook 90% of what we eat, so I’m psyched for this!

Are those the ones in  the white and orange  box? Love those bitches! Mrs Crusher makes sliders on those little too. I do 90% of the eating in my house, 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Pasta w vodka sauce, pulled pork, Italian cold cut & cheese platter, chicken cutlet 6 foot hero, pigs in the blanket, focaccia & tons of homemade Italian things…, cannolis, cookies…

Drinks: Johnny walker blue, Mcallan 18, several beers, cosmos for the ladies

Play some LCR, poker and hopefully hit some numbers…

Enjoy the day all, wish it was the Jets! Hopefully, next year.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Address I can send the thank  you card too? 

• Sympathy 1