Super Bowl Food. What Ya Got

chirorob

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

agreed. smoker is more of a project than I want to get into today.

the pizza/wings in my area are absolute trash so we are forced to make them ourselves.

Yea, my smoker is in a storage unit til spring. I get it. How do you sauce/rub your wings? I love a mix of Tiger Sauce and teriyaki. Also the sweet baby ray’s brand Buffalo sauce is great.

Will also toss them in my own dry rubs.

Fir pizza, we have some acceptable options, luckily. However, I have to make my own Brooklyn style Sicilian (grandma pizza). You cannot get that in NE.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, my smoker is in a storage unit til spring. I get it. How do you sauce/rub your wings? I love a mix of Tiger Sauce and teriyaki. Also the sweet baby ray’s brand Buffalo sauce is great.

Will also toss them in my own dry rubs.

Fir pizza, we have some acceptable options, luckily. However, I have to make my own Brooklyn style Sicilian (grandma pizza). You cannot get that in NE.

Go to sauce is Franks Red Hot buffalo mixed with butter, salt & pepper. Gotta dry those wings out in the oven at 200 for 5 minutes before the air fryer.

I also really like the buffalo wild wings mango habanero sauce. I love SBR BBQ for legs & thighs, we'll have to try the buffalo for wings.

24 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Update. Wife is making roast beef sliders on kings Hawaiian rolls w au jus… if you haven’t had a variation in this, I feel bad for you son.

I cook 90% of what we eat, so I’m psyched for this!

Excellent choice.

just finished wieneis in a blanket with chili and cheese.

pignolli’s were made this morning and cannoli’s get filled in about an hour

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Excellent choice.

just finished wieneis in a blanket with chili and cheese.

pignolli’s were made this morning and cannoli’s get filled in about an hour

I saw something the other day where pignolis are now close to $50 per lb? I know they’ve been expensive for a while, but that can’t be true, can it?

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Update. Wife is making roast beef sliders on kings Hawaiian rolls w au jus… if you haven’t had a variation in this, I feel bad for you son.

I cook 90% of what we eat, so I’m psyched for this!

I do sliders on the grill with those buns.  Love em.

Butter and grill the bread, make a slider sauce out of 1/2 catsup, 1/2 chipotle lime mayo with a few drops of Worcester sauce.   Mix all together.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

The three last place finishers in my fantasy league have to host and pay for the Super Bowl party. We are in SoCal so it’s typically a taco truck. Asada, pollo, carnitas, rice, beans, tortillas. 

Omg, love this idea - and tacos 4 life.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

What kind of smoker you using?

Primo, which is like a big green egg. I use the charcoaled wood with pecan for smoke.   Cooked the brisket overnight at 225-250.   After 9 hours wrapped in butcher paper, went for another 90 minutes.   Currently resting in a cooler on top of towels.

The resting really helps with tenderness, plus it'll stay warm for hours, so whenever people get here I can cut and serve.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

Primo, which is like a big green egg. I use the charcoaled wood with pecan for smoke.   Cooked the brisket overnight at 225-250.   After 9 hours wrapped in butcher paper, went for another 90 minutes.   Currently resting in a cooler on top of towels.

The resting really helps with tenderness, plus it'll stay warm for hours, so whenever people get here I can cut and serve.

Sound great. I have the Weber smoky mtn, haven’t done any 10+ hour smokes. When I do ribs, I will wrap them in foil for a portion of the cook - would you recommend butcher paper instead?

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Sound great. I have the Weber smoky mtn, haven’t done any 10+ hour smokes. When I do ribs, I will wrap them in foil for a portion of the cook - would you recommend butcher paper instead?

Butcher paper for briskett, it keeps the bark better.

When I've done ribs or pulled pork I use foil.

Best thing I got was an attachment for the Primo.   Set the temp at 225, and go to bed.   8 hours later still between 225-240.

6 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Butcher paper for briskett, it keeps the bark better.

When I've done ribs or pulled pork I use foil.

Best thing I got was an attachment for the Primo.   Set the temp at 225, and go to bed.   8 hours later still between 225-240.

Ah, makes sense.

They sell something like that that will modulate airflow in the WSM. Need to get one eventually.

Fir now, I stick with ribs, loins, turkey, and chicken.

• Upvote 1

My pre-guest beverage.

Rob's Lemonade.  2 oz fresh lemon juice.  4 oz Southern Comfort (for sweetness)  2 oz triple sec.   Shake on ice for 30 seconds and pour.

For extra sweetness, put 1 oz of sprite in the bottom of the cup your pour into.  A bit sweeter, and lighter with the carbonation.

20230212_160014.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1