Super Bowl Game Thread

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

******* scumbag corporate slurper ESPN not even talking about it 

Because it was holding. You can blame the Eagles for ruining the game. In an obvious jersey grab that even Bradbury admitted after the game. Maybe y’all either bet the Eagles or wanted a better ending, it was the right call. Just like the Bengals call. They are legit penalties. The refs can let it go but because they called it, doesn’t make it a fix. Goedert  catch and 2nd Bolton fumble recovery were bad calls against the Chiefs. The better team won. Eagles d’line most overrated in NFL. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Just waaay to much of an advantage for offense If you remember the Ice Bowl in Green Bay when the running back behind Bart Starr threw his hands up to make sure he wasn’t called for pushing Starr into end zone just keep that rule the way it was. Just makes those QB sneaks one big rugby scrum defense has virtually no chance 

I think I’m with you on this. Looking at that Eagle formation tonight, it seemed like they’ve taken it to another level. Where it used to “just happen” on random occasions, it’s now a designed play.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I think I’m with you on this. Looking at that Eagle formation tonight, it seemed like they’ve taken it to another level. Where it used to “just happen” on random occasions, it’s now a designed play.

True. It’s basically wedge blocking that was banned on kickoffs if I remember correctly just without the running start 

22 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

BTW do you think Toney thought that goal line route up by himself? Or that it works without Kelce along side him? If so, he taught it to Sky very quickly.

OBJ and Toney are/were bit players on championship teams coached by excellent offensive minds who can’t get along with anyone and will never be accepted on any team longer than a year or two. 
They’re the football equivalent of lemons. Squeeze them, accept the bitter taste  they can add to a drink, then discard them when you’ve had enough.

Maybe there is a little truth to what you're saying, but it comes off more like sour grapes, imho. Toney looks like a keeper. I'd definitely take him on the Jets. 

18 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Because it was holding. You can blame the Eagles for ruining the game. In an obvious jersey grab that even Bradbury admitted after the game. Maybe y’all either bet the Eagles or wanted a better ending, it was the right call. Just like the Bengals call. They are legit penalties. The refs can let it go but because they called it, doesn’t make it a fix. Goedert  catch and 2nd Bolton fumble recovery were bad calls against the Chiefs. The better team won. Eagles d’line most overrated in NFL. 

Drugs

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Maybe there is a little truth to what you're saying, but it comes off more like sour grapes, imho. Toney looks like a keeper. I'd definitely take him on the Jets. 

I never said a word about him until you tagged me about him and the Leo trade.

sorry, but I’m not going to turn into a Stan for a POS like Toney because he’s playing with Mahomes and Kelce now and Reid designed a play for him and Sky Moore down on the goal line.

(I’d love him on the Jets also though, just to see him go off on Saleh and rag on Zach the 3 games a year he’s healthy enough to dress.)

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Not cheap. Three tickets were aftermarket, two others at face value. Me, my wife, her mom and two sisters. All eagles fans except for me. $20K+ day.

.... and they say you cannot buy your way into heaven ... amazing ... you are a good man.

9 hours ago, nycdan said:

One more random thought that needs more discussion another day.

Siriani may be changing the way the NFL looks at 4th downs the way that Rick Pitino changed the way the NBA looks at 3-pointers.  He absolutely crushed it tonight on those plays.  It's going to be hard for the hard-liners to keep arguing that it's bad football.  Of course it really helps with you have the players to execute and convert.

On that note, who has a better job than the Eagle's punter.  the guy barely works for a living and makes good money.

This was pioneered by the great Bellichick. My sister the Iggles fan (smirk smirk) used to complain bitterly about Bill having 4 downs and everyone else only having 3. The rich irony…

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im still shocked rihanna rubbed her crotch then smelled her fingers on national tv and no one is outraged over this.

It is what you do to cover for lack of talent.

I will have to rack my brain a bit and remember seeing Aretha Franklin, Diana Ross, Anita Baker, Pat Benatar, Christine McVie and a host of other greats having to resort to that type of nonsense for look at me.

They simply sang and let their talent shine through.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Not cheap. Three tickets were aftermarket, two others at face value. Me, my wife, her mom and two sisters. All eagles fans except for me. $20K+ day.

Expensive girls’ night out! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

What the heck happened to the Eagles’ supposedly ferocious pass rush is one of the great mysteries of Super Bowl 2023. It never showed up. Giving Patrick Mahomes time in the pocket is going to get you beat every time and the inability to get him on the ground was the downfall for the Eagles in their tough-to-take 38-35 loss to the Chiefs at State Farm Stadium on Sunday. 

What became evident as the game wore on is that the feared Eagles pass rush that produced an NFL-high 70 sacks in the regular season was not able to inflict its will on Mahomes. There were 27 passes thrown by Mahomes and he was not sacked once, even though Mahomes was dealing with a right ankle that still is not fully healthy. 

https://nypost.com/2023/02/13/eagles-vaunted-pass-rush-nonexistent-in-super-bowl-2023-no-show/

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im still shocked rihanna rubbed her crotch then smelled her fingers on national tv and no one is outraged over this.

No one was outraged when Michael Jackson grabbed his crotch 20 years ago. 

And they probably should have been outraged. Just not for that. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Trotter said:

It is what you do to cover for lack of talent.

I will have to rack my brain a bit and remember seeing Aretha Franklin, Diana Ross, Anita Baker, Pat Benatar, Christine McVie and a host of other greats having to resort to that type of nonsense for look at me.

They simply sang and let their talent shine through.

Ozzy Osbourne once ate a bat. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

No one was outraged when Michael Jackson grabbed his crotch 20 years ago. 

And they probably should have been outraged. Just not for that. 

But he never smelled his fingers did he? ?