Danny Jones wants $45m a year

Rhg1084

11 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Would we be more comfortable paying Jones or Carr this type of money? I’d personally pay Carr even tho Jones is younger 

11 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Would we be more comfortable paying Jones or Carr this type of money? I’d personally pay Carr even tho Jones is younger 

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You'd want to pay Carr superstar money when he's nowhere near that level?  

In a limited QB market if jones wants this Carr’s number had to be at lest 40 mill per,

Jones is the better QB, played on a worst team with less offensive talent and already has more playoff wins

I seriously don’t know wassuppp with some of the fans around here but STOP LETTING THESE NYJ CONTENT CREATORS BRAINWASH YALL 

• Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Looks like they won't be able to place the franchise tag on Saquon Barkley if they can't come to a long-term contract with Daniel Jones soon. After the Jets get Derek Carr I would love to see if Saquon Barkley would like to win a chip for his dad's favorite team. 

• More Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Yes of course I’d pay Carr $40m a year. That’s the price to pay when you screw up the 2nd overall pick of the draft. And not sure where you think you’re gonna get some discounted QB from? Garrapalo, Jones, Carr, Rodgers, Lamar will all be huge money. 

Bro  Lamar, Rodgers and you can argue maybe Jones are worth that money. Not Derek carr I’m sorry

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You'd want to pay Carr superstar money when he's nowhere near that level?  

and... this is not how the NFL works. every year the new guy at "x" position wants to be the highest paid player and..... for whatever reason GM's and teams are like, yep sure. It makes no sense how they don't laugh off some of these guys and put up their numbers relative to similar players at their position and perfromance and say actually your pay should be more in line with this. 

superstar QB FA would probably ask for 50-60 if there were one 

7 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Well he’s the number 1 QB on the market, so yes he’ll get $40m a year no doubt about it. 

Cap goes up, every position average salary will go with it, every year. its the same thing every year. at some point fans have to stop being shocked at the cost. the NFL and GMs have allowed this "oh, Im next I get to be the highest paid guy at my position" way of business to exist. 

• Ugh 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I would cast him into the ocean

I would take him over Carr any day 

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not me.  Unless you're bringing in a QB who can elevate the team (which I don't believe Carr can) then you don't make this move.  Imo, Tannehill would be much better bang for the buck.  And in the salary cap era, that's important.

If we go with a Tannihill or jimmy G type, I hope we go QB in one of the first 3 rounds 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Stark said:

and... this is not how the NFL works. every year the new guy at "x" position wants to be the highest paid player and..... for whatever reason GM's and teams are like, yep sure. It makes no sense how they don't laugh off some of these guys and put up their numbers relative to similar players at their position and perfromance and say actually your pay should be more in line with this. 

superstar QB FA would probably ask for 50-60 if there were one 

We don't need to be the suckers who fall for this though.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Derek Carr will take us to the cleaners if that's the direction we end up going.  This would be a disastrous move.

Nah, but giving up multiple premium picks for a space gadet geezer would be a dissasterous move. Especially when we still have holes on this team that need to be filled via the draft instead of all through free agency. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Stark said:

lol... you putting Daniel Jones in the same category as Lamar and Rodgers... 

Ugh Frustrated GIF by Equipe de France de Football

No Christ, what I’m doing is comparing the available QBs and after Rodgers and Lamar Jones is the next best, still young, stil has room to grow - so yea I would give him 45 mill before I gave Carr 40 million. 

^^^

hope you understand now 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We don't need to be the suckers who fall for this though.  

my point is that this happens every year and the price increases every year. you want a good QB, if you don't draft them you gotta pay. so next year a "good" not top tier qb is gonna want at minimum 40-45 and probably more. 

if you don't have a guy and you aren't going to be willing to pay one then, you stay with bad qb play and hope you get lucky on a low tier, low upside guy 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

No Christ, what I’m doing is comparing the available QBs and after Rodgers and Lamar Jones is the next best, still young, stil has room to grow - so yea I would give him 45 mill before I gave Carr 40 million. 

^^^

hope you understand now 

lol, ok, well id give 40 to Carr before 45 to Jones, looked ok for 1 season. can't do it

and I prefer Rodgers or swing at Lamar if its even realistic Balt trades him.

• Upvote 3