Danny Jones wants $45m a year

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

You realize Tannehill is under contract for $36m in 2023 and not even a free agent. I’d rather just pay Carr the $40m than trading assets for Tannehill. 

Then we can go in a different direction.  Ideally we bring in Rodgers but, if not, then I'd be okay with Darnold.

I just don't see it as a winning move to lock yourself in (while paying superstar money) to a guy who can't elevate the team.  

• Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think Carr will sign with some team soon and that will set the market. The more I hear about the break up with Rodgers and GB, the more leary I am about Rodgers commitment.  With the team as constructed as it is now, this Jet team might be the most talented team Carr ever played on. If Carr is going to be a 40+ million  QB, I would feel a lot better about spending this on Carr than Jones. 

The irony is you could say the same about Jones… Danny had a worst team around him, younger , more talented and made the playoffs and got a win.

Carr 9 seasons in O playoff wins, 1-9 against Mahomes.

But yeah Carr will come here to the historic LOL Jets and lead us to glory 

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Then we can go in a different direction.  Ideally we bring in Rodgers but, if not, then I'd be okay with Darnold.

I just don't see it as a winning move to lock yourself in (while paying superstar money) to a guy who can't elevate the team.  

Bro stop. Jets are going to be spending a lot of money on a QB this year. They’re not bargain bin hunting and bringing back Sam or Baker or whoever. A starting QB who’s a free agent will be getting $40m a year. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Bro stop. Jets are going to be spending a lot of money on a QB this year. They’re not bargain bin hunting and bringing back Sam or Baker or whoever. A starting QB who’s a free agent will be getting $40m a year. 

Not if we get Rodgers his cap hit won’t be that bad compared to signing someone outright 

This harping on the $40 million per number that many seem to be doing with QB's is weird. That's just about what average QB's fetch in FA and it's been that way for a little while now. Jones should budge because, why? It's not Derek Carr or Daniel Jones' problem that the Jets have to buy a QB because they can't draft one.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This harping on the $40 million per number that many seem to be doing with QB's is weird. That's just about what average QB's fetch in FA and it's been that way for a little while now. Jones should budge because, why? It's not Derek Carr or Daniel Jones' problem that the Jets have to buy a QB because they can't draft one.

They don’t have to budge and we don’t want to pay.

get it now ?

28 minutes ago, Pac said:

They could get Mike White for 8 mil a year. 

Yeah, but when you figure that comes to about $4m per game he actually plays before he gets broken in half standing like a statue in the pocket, that would be equivalent to $68m a year for a QB that plays all 17 games...

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

No Christ, what I’m doing is comparing the available QBs and after Rodgers and Lamar Jones is the next best, still young, stil has room to grow - so yea I would give him 45 mill before I gave Carr 40 million. 

^^^

hope you understand now 

You are correct. The QB market has exploded in favor of the players. Jones has every right to try and capitalize. This is why it was so important not to make a mistake with the 2nd overall pick in the 2021 draft.

• Post of the Week 2

23 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

The irony is you could say the same about Jones… Danny had a worst team around him, younger , more talented and made the playoffs and got a win.

Carr 9 seasons in O playoff wins, 1-9 against Mahomes.

But yeah Carr will come here to the historic LOL Jets and lead us to glory 

What's Jones record against Mahomes, hell even against Dak or Hurts for that matter. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

8 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

You are correct. The QB market has exploded in favor of the players. Jones has every right to try and capitalize. This is why it was so important not to make a mistake with the 2nd overall pick in the 2021 draft.

you can make the year any year. its gotten to that point. new season same thing just higher money/cost

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Would we be more comfortable paying Jones or Carr this type of money? I’d personally pay Carr even tho Jones is younger 

Neither is worth $45.

Carr more at around $35.

I’d franchise tag Jones. I wouldnt commit to him long-term. Not off one ok season. If he gets better this coming season, then extend him.