Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

The Bucs and Rams had really good NFL HC with a resume of success.  The Jets don’t.  I would feel a lot better about this with an experienced head coach and OC making this decision.  

The same can be said for making the decision to move on from Sam and drafting Zach.  We don’t have top people in place to really make an informed judgement.   We have Bob Saleh and Rodgers lap dog.

I’d think Hackett fills the experienced description.  Calling him Rodgers lapdog is pretty silly given what they accomplished together their last 3 seasons together.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Why do I have to show my work when no one else does? 

I'll explain why Trevor Lawrence wouldn't be good in NY when you all explain why 39-year-old Aaron Rodgers is worth 50 per

it's ok if you don't think aaron rodgers is worth $50 million per.  honestly, i don't think he is either, but i'm ok with the jets taking the chance on him, assuming they aren't giving up a 1st round pick.  he wasn't my first choice.  i would have signed carr for something similar to the contract he got with the saints and used the extra draft picks and cap space to build around him.  but rodgers contract was established by another team to reward him for his hall of fame performance.  many players make more than what i think they are worth.  doesn't mean the jets shouldn't try to add some of these players, especially when the options are running back zach, going with someone like jimmy glass, going with someone like gardner minshew or jacoby brisset, or doing the most foolish thing of all and trading away two 1st round picks and giving a fully guaranteed $50 mil per contract to lamar jackson.  so all things considered, including the cost, i think rodgers is the best alternative for the jets at this point.  it probably won't work, but for the first time in a while, imo, the jets QB situation won't be a complete joke.

ok, your turn - why do you think trevor lawrence is uniquely unsuited to play in the NY/NJ market?

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

How do you know that? There are no “studs” in this entire draft?  There are good and great players in every draft and a team gives away a chance to draft one when a pick is traded. 

Let.ke rephrase this. The Jets don't  have marquee picks like last season. The talent level is not that great in the forst round as far as value. It gets better in the second. It isn't  likely we get a cornerstone  player at 13 lime Sauce  and Wilson. 

12 hours ago, jetblue95 said:

the jets got garrett wilson at 10 last year.  i'm not giving up 13 this year.  much rather give up a 2nd this year and next, with the possibility the 2nd becomes a late 1st next if the jets have a great year and meet the conditionality of the upgrade.

sure, i'd rather give up less.  but no way this year's #1 is the better alternative than what is being laid out here.

Like I said, you people are overvaluing this pick. 

2 hours ago, jetblue95 said:

it's ok if you don't think aaron rodgers is worth $50 million per.  honestly, i don't think he is either, but i'm ok with the jets taking the chance on him, assuming they aren't giving up a 1st round pick.  he wasn't my first choice.  i would have signed carr for something similar to the contract he got with the saints and used the extra draft picks and cap space to build around him.  but rodgers contract was established by another team to reward him for his hall of fame performance.  many players make more than what i think they are worth.  doesn't mean the jets shouldn't try to add some of these players, especially when the options are running back zach, going with someone like jimmy glass, going with someone like gardner minshew or jacoby brisset, or doing the most foolish thing of all and trading away two 1st round picks and giving a fully guaranteed $50 mil per contract to lamar jackson.  so all things considered, including the cost, i think rodgers is the best alternative for the jets at this point.  it probably won't work, but for the first time in a while, imo, the jets QB situation won't be a complete joke.

ok, your turn - why do you think trevor lawrence is uniquely unsuited to play in the NY/NJ market?

Because he's a rube 

And I'm not saying anything about all southerners or all evangelicals or whatever 

This particular person would not thrive in the northeast. 

Reading your quote by the way we seem to agree this arod or bust plan probably isn't going to work 

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He’s still a top QB in the league so,if you’re going to disagree with everyone, everywhere you do have to show your work.  Otherwise you’re no different than @Joe W. Namath and his outlandish homerisms. 

I don't think he's a top qb anymore he's hovering around the Kirk cousins line of mediocrity 

10 hours ago, bitonti said:

I don't think he's a top qb anymore he's hovering around the Kirk cousins line of mediocrity 

Well you’re all alone.  And it’s flat out ridiculous to say your have him as Kirk Cousins mediocre like.  Also to try and make a case he’s ever been mediocre.  He’s a top QB just behind Mahomes, Burrows and maybe Allen.  
The 3 years before last, when he was injured and had 0 weapons he threw for 12.4K yards, 67% comp, 111 TDs, 13 INTs, 109.2 QB rating.  Without choking in big games like Cousins is known for.  You keep telling people that he’s Cousins like.   I’ll stick he’s top 5

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

One year of being injured with no weapons, after 2 straight MVP seasons and he is Kirk Cousins. Got it. You know your football!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

13 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Had no issues with GB pre this trade. But man do I hope they go in QB hell for years after this trade. How the fans act toward AR is awful. I know he hasn’t been the most upstanding guy with them. But guys like Gute, Murphy and all likely don’t even have jobs anymore if AR hasn’t consistently won games like he has for 15 years. The lack of respect toward him besides MLF is embarrassing for the organization.

Those goofs have had 30 straight years of HOF QB play.

If they think Love is following in Favre and Rodgers’ footsteps, they’re kidding themselves.

They’re going to revert back to the 70’s/80’s Packers and the fanbase will be yearning for the days of Aaron Rodgers and his offseason darkness retreats long before Halloween.

16 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Those goofs have had 30 straight years of HOF QB play.

If they think Love is following in Favre and Rodgers’ footsteps, they’re kidding themselves.

They’re going to revert back to the 70’s/80’s Packers and the fanbase will be yearning for the days of Aaron Rodgers and his offseason darkness retreats long before Halloween.

Their new thing is picking apart Woodys comments yesterday instead of reading them in full. They love to just read the part where Woody says he’s not patient. Not the rest where he says they’re calm and there’s no timeline.

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Their new thing is picking apart Woodys comments yesterday instead of reading them in full. They love to just read the part where Woody says he’s not patient. Not the rest where he says they’re calm and there’s no timeline.

Backed up where he said they’re following their plan.