Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

7 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I think that no one including Wingo really know what is going on and both sides are releasing little "rumors" to help their teams perception, but I do think it is somewhat interesting that the rumors suggest that it is not a done deal. I still think it does get done but both teams are entrenched enough that there is a possibility it does not happen. SF is NOT the team but if GB does get super squeezed on the comp package I could see them taking the lesser package from a different team rather than letting it be know the Jets negotiated better.

If the Jets do not come away with Rodgers they have not negotiated better, they will be seen as an epic failure.

Due to the jets botching of the whole thing there are three outcomes.

-  Get Rodgers at a good price = win

- Get Rodgers at a less than good price = loss

- Do not get Rodgers = epic loss.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, choon328 said:

You Packers fans act like the Packers front office isn't burning bridges with him right now and that he'll eventually do what's right for the organization when push comes to shove.  I think you're all miscalculating the amount of petty he's going to put out if he's not traded soon.  You all think he's going to do the front office a favor by either retiring or agreeing to another trade if the Jets one doesn't get done and I don't see it that way.  Rodgers knows that guys have signed with the Jets expecting him to be there and if he has to his agent will force the Packers hands. If and when (it's only a matter of time) Rodgers agent leaks a story to someone that Rodgers will either get traded to the Jets or he plans on being on the Packers in 2023 and that he's not retiring and he's not willing to go to any other team is the minute the Packers will have to bend over and take it up the ass from JD.  Which I'm sure will include less draft compensation then you or they want and will include the Packers paying more of his bonus then they want.  Like you said, they can't afford to keep him on the roster even though your GM is still leaving the option open publicly.  The longer this drags on the worse it is for the Packers.  The leverage has never been with the Jets or the Packers, it's always been with Rodgers.  He can move this along pretty quickly if need be but I'm sure JD has told his agent to stay out of it, for now.

I suggest then Rodgers put some pressure on the Jets.

8 hours ago, choon328 said:

I don't think there is any way he accepts a trade to another team after some of his friends signed to the Jets for the explicit reason that Rodgers said he would be on the Jets.  He will make life very difficult for the Packers if they try to pivot to another team or let this drag out.  That would not be good for the Packers compensation demands

We'll see...  Or perhaps we won't...

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

If the Jets do not come away with Rodgers they have not negotiated better, they will be seen as an epic failure.

Due to the jets botching of the whole thing there are three outcomes.

-  Get Rodgers at a good price = win

- Get Rodgers at a less than good price = loss

- Do not get Rodgers = epic loss.

Obviously, I’ll take 1 year of at least legit playoff hopes over the refuse we’ve been served up the last 12 years though.

But this all-in for 1 year bet would be much more sound if the Jets had a proven championship caliber HC.

Saleh has cost the Jets more games than he’s won them.

49 minutes ago, AceRothstein said:

Perhaps a reason for the delay is that the teams have a deal in place for a first round swap.

If that’s the case there is legit reasoning for delaying until the draft 

There is a legitimate disagreement over the total value for compensation. Both sides feel they have the leverage. Both sides can wait. The packers will be confronted with a decision on what is more important, draft capital this year or cap relief next year,  on draft day. 

they could announce the terms of an agreement and submit it to the league at anytime now. 

This is an old fashioned 

Show Down Clint Eastwood GIF

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah they’re both absolutely obliterated.  On that note…I gotta be honest. 

Obviously, I love the implication.

That being said…I don’t, particularly, love our GM getting absolutely hammered and getting on stage with a, equally, hammered Boomer Esiason and acting this way.

It honestly makes me smile but you are right 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah they’re both completely obliterated.  On that note…I gotta be honest. 

Obviously, I love the implication.

That being said…I don’t, particularly, love our GM getting absolutely hammered and getting on stage with a, equally, hammered Boomer Esiason and acting this way.

I too am less than thrilled