Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

3 hours ago, k-met57 said:

my speculation...i think GB wants to get it done before Lefleur has to stand in front of his team on Monday and explain to them who the starter is. would not be shocked if its this weekend.

Green Bay's offseason program will begin on Monday, April 17, and conclude in mid-June.

This Is probably why those reports of love being frustrated came out, Love and his people likely don’t want to deal with this.

But I was told packers have the leverage ?

Rodgers dismissed the idea that his decision to skip the team’s organized team activities has had an effect on the receiving corps getting on the same page with him. He attended only the mandatory minicamp this offseason, giving him limited time with his new receivers before training camp started.

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Yea, sure you try the hick from French Lick stuff somewhere else!

As far as I know, you are an Heir to the Walmart Fortune!!!! :) 

Tell you what, if you make a trek to Lambeau you have a place to stay and it's not on a farm:)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

I am not a capologist. 

However, on Sportstrac and OTC, the scenario you outlined only happens if they cut him pre-6/1.  Cutting him post 6/1, still hurts, but it allows the Packers to defer part of the hit to next year.  You are right they would have to do some roster work, but they have two players playing on their fifth-year option.  That would solve 85% of the cap hit in cutting Aaron.  They can trade them for picks.  This would be a nuclear option.  No doubt, but it is an option.

It is not the 'reps' he would be missing out at OTAs or even training camp.  I agree he has enough familiarity with Lazar and Hatchett to make it work.  However, he would want TC reps with Wilson to become familiar with each other, but that is not really my point.

The hurts come from having to accommodate his cap hit.    The Jets have to wait.  There is a 15+M charge they have to account for.  According to the cap tracker sites, they have over 9 million available.  They need to save 2-3M for draft picks.  My point, the Jets cannot really move forward until they trade for him.  The Jets have some contracts that can restructure/extend/cut.  It is doable, but it is waiting on Aaron and the Packers.   

$90 million dead money pre June 1st, $75 million post June 1st

On 4/13/2023 at 1:29 PM, bitonti said:

My quote is also from KV i assume you mean his second wife Jill K

his first wife died in 86

Yes, his second wife.  She told my coworker that she considered me "A lazy piece of sh*t", because I wouldn't get on my hands and knees in my suit, tie and jacket, and clean up broken glass on the floor due to an insurance claim.  It wasn't my job to clean up the glass.  

But many other things, which I will leave alone.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alka said:

Yes, his second wife.  She told my coworker that she considered me "A lazy piece of sh*t", because I wouldn't get on my hands and knees in my suit, tie and jacket, and clean up broken glass on the floor due to an insurance claim.  It wasn't my job to clean up the glass.  

wow

just on a surface level KV wasn't an especially good person, he left his first wife high and dry as soon as Slaughterhouse 5 hit

there were like 5 kids left behind and he took off for parties at the Playboy Mansion 

Jill K, who is an illustrator of books and book covers I don't know much else about, but water finds it's level, as they say

• Upvote 2

and what if joe tells the packers to get bent, calls the rams or titans and picks up stafford or tannehill for cheap, and the packers now owe rodgers $60 million for the 2023 season

At this point like it or not this could be a
Solid option. Like everyone else not thrilled if it goes this way, yet, how long are we going to deal with this never ending drama.
We have the talent, all we really need is a game manager Stafford or Tannehill will fill the bill. Not saying we will make the SB, but will should be competitive. Then we can begin looking for a long term answer at QB, either thru the draft next year or FA. We should also take a flyer on a young prospect this draft and allow him two years to learn and develop.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Have to share this. Not in a new thread because that’s just dumb. The most hilarious thing I have seen from a Packers perspective. To save time, he says the packers should screw over the Jets by:

“start calling other teams right now and offer Rodgers for a conditional pick in 2024. If Rodgers plays, Green Bay receives the compensation next season. If he doesn’t, the acquiring team wouldn’t have to pay the Packers anything. Aaron Rodgers could decide if he would play or not, but if he doesn’t, he would leave $60 million behind. So, the Packers and the new team wouldn’t have to pay him anything else. The trade could be executed after June 1, so the Packers would gain an extra $24 million in cap space this year, which is probably more valuable than a mid-round pick. And it’s reasonable to think the Patriots, for instance, would love to interfere with the Jets’ plans.” 

• WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Have to share this. Not in a new thread because that’s just dumb. The most hilarious thing I have seen from a Packers perspective. To save time, he says the packers should screw over the Jets by:

“start calling other teams right now and offer Rodgers for a conditional pick in 2024. If Rodgers plays, Green Bay receives the compensation next season. If he doesn’t, the acquiring team wouldn’t have to pay the Packers anything. Aaron Rodgers could decide if he would play or not, but if he doesn’t, he would leave $60 million behind. So, the Packers and the new team wouldn’t have to pay him anything else. The trade could be executed after June 1, so the Packers would gain an extra $24 million in cap space this year, which is probably more valuable than a mid-round pick. And it’s reasonable to think the Patriots, for instance, would love to interfere with the Jets’ plans.” 

Oh no, bad faith negotiating, and the boogeyman.  Welp, that’s it, time for JD to cave. 

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Where I agree with him:

1. it seems improbable the Packers would allow the jets to talk to him without trade parameters in place.

2. It seems improbable Rodgers was 90 percent retired when just a few weeks earlier he said he could still win an MVP: retirees don't talk like that.   And no one thinks he's leave 60 mil on the table.

3. It seems impossible Rodgers walked out of the darkness retreat and first realized the Packers wanted to move on to Love.   He mentioned himself a few weeks earlier that some other players were telling him the Packers were shopping him (of course they were doing their due diligence).  Gute said Rodgers was well aware at the end of the season they planned to move on.

4. It seems impossible the Jets, during their 11 hour visit, didn't discuss with Rodgers whether he was willing to commit for two years.   Like Woody got scared after the Pat McAfee talk?   BS....  This was done as an attempt to renege and lower the asking price.   Now we hear Rodgers is telling the jets to hold out because he won't be there for the first OTA anyways..   Appears to be a bad faith negotiation to me.

Where I disagree: It does the packers ZERO good to save 24 million this year.   There is no one left in FA to sign and then they have him off their books after this year.  Which is why if the Packers were to start shopping Rodgers to other teams it would occur after the draft and before June 1 to get him off the books after this year.  IMO the ball is in the jets court: Honor the agreed upon terms or lets see what happens after the draft.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ptisme said:

Where I agree with him:

1. it seems improbable the Packers would allow the jets to talk to him without trade parameters in place.

2. It seems improbable Rodgers was 90 percent retired when just a few weeks earlier he said he could still win an MVP: retirees don't talk like that.   And no one thinks he's leave 60 mil on the table.

3. It seems impossible Rodgers walked out of the darkness retreat and first realized the Packers wanted to move on to Love.   He mentioned himself a few weeks earlier that some other players were telling him the Packers were shopping him (of course they were doing their due diligence).  Gute said Rodgers was well aware at the end of the season they planned to move on.

4. It seems impossible the Jets, during their 11 hour visit, didn't discuss with Rodgers whether he was willing to commit for two years.   Like Woody got scared after the Pat McAfee talk?   BS....  This was done as an attempt to renege and lower the asking price.   Now we hear Rodgers is telling the jets to hold out because he won't be there for the first OTA anyways..   Appears to be a bad faith negotiation to me.

Where I disagree: It does the packers ZERO good to save 24 million this year.   There is no one left in FA to sign and they have him off their books this year.  Which is why if the Packers were to start shopping Rodgers to other teams it would occur after the draft and before June 1 to get him off the books after this year.

Where did you hear about Rodgers telling the jets what to do? ?

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, ptisme said:

Where I agree with him:

Where I disagree: It does the packers ZERO good to save 24 million this year.   There is no one left in FA to sign and then they have him off their books after this year.  Which is why if the Packers were to start shopping Rodgers to other teams it would occur after the draft and before June 1 to get him off the books after this year.  IMO the ball is in the jets court: Honor the agreed upon terms or lets see what happens after the draft.

Translation: I don’t know s*** but I’m in my feelings about this

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Alka said:

I love KV. Out of all of my favorite authors, he's probably one of the only ones I'd have liked to meet in person. Philip K Dick would have been interesting but not sure I could hang with him.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

I love KV. Out of all of my favorite authors, he's probably one of the only ones I'd have liked to meet in person. Philip K Dick would have been interesting but not sure I could hang with him.

I read sirens and Bluebeard every few years. Food for my soul. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

wow

just on a surface level KV wasn't an especially good person, he left his first wife high and dry as soon as Slaughterhouse 5 hit

there were like 5 kids left behind and he took off for parties at the Playboy Mansion 

Jill K, who is an illustrator of books and book covers I don't know much else about, but water finds it's level, as they say

He had a lot of tragedy in his life and I expect he would admit what a lousy husband he was. Always felt this was an admission of sorts. 

I have this disease late at night sometimes, involving alcohol and the telephone. I get drunk, and I drive my wife away with a breath like mustard gas and roses. And then, speaking gravely and elegantly into the telephone, I ask the telephone operators to connect me with this friend or that one, from whom I have not heard in years.

Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-Five

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, fltflo said:

At this point like it or not this could be a
Solid option. Like everyone else not thrilled if it goes this way, yet, how long are we going to deal with this never ending drama.
We have the talent, all we really need is a game manager Stafford or Tannehill will fill the bill. Not saying we will make the SB, but will should be competitive. Then we can begin looking for a long term answer at QB, either thru the draft next year or FA. We should also take a flyer on a young prospect this draft and allow him two years to learn and develop.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Isn’t the two year plan what they want to do with Zach?

11 minutes ago, ptisme said:

I’ve heard , I think….  Do you think anyone is telling Mike effing Greenberg anything, much less the actual reason for the delay?  This is all noise and nonsense. Next it’s going to be Rodgers is about to retire or he’s annoyed or whatever. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I’ve heard , I think….  Do you think anyone is telling Mike effing Greenberg anything, much less the actual reason for the delay?  This is all noise and nonsense. Next it’s going to be Rodgers is about to retire or he’s annoyed or whatever. 
I think Mike F'ing Greenburg got jealous of Carton

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1