The following IOL have been signed so far:

Ethan Pocic - Center

Jake Brendel - Center

Garrett Bradbury  - Center

Bradley Bozeman - Center

Ben Powers - Guard

Nate Davis  - Guard

Conner McGovern (not our guy) - Guard

So who exactly is left now that we have lost our own McGovern and Nate Herbig.  I am a big fan of John Michael Schmitz the center from Minnesota, but given that he is a fringe first rounder (estimated to be picked from the 20s through the 40s) if we dont have a center on the roster how can we risk getting to the second round and needing to fill a spot?  Its basically announcing to the whole league that if you want a center, trade in front of us.

As far as free agents - 

Graham Glasgo - He is an UFA and has played both center and guard, but doesnt do either particularly well

Ryan Jensen - Trade.  The Bucs are in a full rebuild and its possibe we could get Jensen for a late round pick. He was hurt most of last season but is a good player and brings the attitude that we are apparently looking for from a center.  He is 32 and has some void years so decent amount of dead money attached to his contract but he could be an option to have as a starter while a rookie develops.

Who else?????

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Get Evan Brown

Interesting name for sure.  Im not sure if Detroit tendered him.  Here is a summary of his 2021

16 games (12 starts): 66.8 PFF grade — 18th out of 40 qualifying centers

Tragedy struck the Lions roster when All-Pro center Frank Ragnow suffered a severe turf toe injury that would end up costing him the final 13 games of the season. The perception, at the time, was that Ragnow was one of the least replaceable players on the roster.

However, Brown came in and held his own, despite not starting a single game before the 2021 season. Throughout the entire season, PFF credited him with just one sack allowed and eight pressures. His pass blocking grade of 72.4 was seventh-best in the league, and he finished the season with ESPN’s ninth-best pass block win rate among centers.

He was less effective as a run blocker, and that stood out a lot in short-yardage situations and the red zone—where the Lions really struggled in 2021—but Brown’s overall season was way better than expected.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

Interesting name for sure.  Im not sure if Detroit tendered him.  Here is a summary of his 2021

16 games (12 starts): 66.8 PFF grade — 18th out of 40 qualifying centers

Tragedy struck the Lions roster when All-Pro center Frank Ragnow suffered a severe turf toe injury that would end up costing him the final 13 games of the season. The perception, at the time, was that Ragnow was one of the least replaceable players on the roster.

However, Brown came in and held his own, despite not starting a single game before the 2021 season. Throughout the entire season, PFF credited him with just one sack allowed and eight pressures. His pass blocking grade of 72.4 was seventh-best in the league, and he finished the season with ESPN’s ninth-best pass block win rate among centers.

He was less effective as a run blocker, and that stood out a lot in short-yardage situations and the red zone—where the Lions really struggled in 2021—but Brown’s overall season was way better than expected.

Buddies with the guy. Would love to see him in Green and White. So I am biased.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rochester Jets said:

We didn't re-sign Herbig?  He seemed like a solid depth guy.

Herbig agreed to a two-year, $8MM deal with the Steelers, with Garafolo adding there is a path to Herbig starting. Although Herbig most recently contributed with the Jets, he was in Philadelphia during Steelers assistant GM Andy Weidl’s time there. Weidl believes Herbig can be a starter, and he showed as much last season.

• Ugh 1

7 minutes ago, section314 said:

Finally draft a friggin C so we don’t have to do this BS every three years.

If we manage to retain our 2nd round pick, I believe we will (or should). 

Luke Wypler, from Ohio State, top ranked Center in this draft class. 

Ranked in the mid-40's on some of the Big Boards I've seen post combine.

Perfect 2nd rounder for us in this draft.  He's a Jets Fan too, apparently.

John Michael Schmitz from Minnesota would be another plug-in-day-one starter, and he's likely a late 2nd/early 3rd, so another option of we need to use our 3rd on a C.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If we manage to retain our 2nd round pick, I believe we will (or should). 

Luke Wypler, from Ohio State, top ranked Center in this draft class. 

Ranked in the mid-40's on some of the Big Boards I've seen post combine.

Perfect 2nd rounder for us in this draft.  He's a Jets Fan too, apparently.

John Michael Schmitz from Minnesota would be another plug-in-day-one starter, and he's likely a late 2nd/early 3rd, so another option of we need to use our 3rd on a C.

Also the Wisconsin guy Tippmann is good too.

16 minutes ago, jbt said:

Herbig agreed to a two-year, $8MM deal with the Steelers, with Garafolo adding there is a path to Herbig starting. Although Herbig most recently contributed with the Jets, he was in Philadelphia during Steelers assistant GM Andy Weidl’s time there. Weidl believes Herbig can be a starter, and he showed as much last season.

Noooooooo.

I liked Herbig.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Bradley Bozeman resigned with Carolina, and Ben Powers signed with Denver FWIW 

Right, thats why I listed them as signed.  

I havent seen many lists that have Wypler over JMS but if they are close and both possible Day 1 starters that would be great.

• Upvote 1

Needs larger font ^

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Right, thats why I listed them as signed.  

I havent seen many lists that have Wypler over JMS but if they are close and both possible Day 1 starters that would be great.

Sorry I miss read the first post 

Brandon Thorn did a good breakdown of JMS - calls him a Bigger Ben Jones

Steve Avila is another rd 2/3 target

I don't see how the Jets go into the season without a rookie at C. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bonkertons said:

If we trade down into the late 20s, I honestly wouldn't mind just taking Schmitz there - or whatever C they like the most.  Don't even **** around, just take the guy you believe will be a cornerstone piece to this OL right out of the gate.

This is my thought as well, trade down for whatever you can get even if its less then the "chart" says.  Picking up a 2nd round pick for moving down 10 or so spots allows us to address 2 of OLB, DT, or S in the 2nd round and really shore up the defense.  

If we do move back and a DT falls, we can also take him, roll the dice that JMS is available and if not just take one of the other centers in the 2nd.  

2 hours ago, bonkertons said:

If we trade down into the late 20s, I honestly wouldn't mind just taking Schmitz there - or whatever C they like the most.  Don't even **** around, just take the guy you believe will be a cornerstone piece to this OL right out of the gate.

I think weI’ll trade back from 13 (getting another 2nd to replace the one we send to GB) and do just that.

So this is a tad of me being a homer bc I’m friends with him….

But Evan Brown would be perfect for us. And here’s why. He can play G or C. Still has his best football ahead of him. Can until the draft be our C. And if we have a C that falls to us. Draft them. Let Brown and the rookie battle out for the starting job. And then we have that insurance if Laken looks bad again. Where we can play Brown at LG.

• Upvote 1