Jermaine Johnsons name being tossed around as part of a trade

12 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Just saw an article and have seen other places talking about Jermaine Johnson being part of a trade package for Rodgers. I would prefer to use E. Moore as trade bait for a variety of reasons (bit of a malcontent, easily replaceable,  2nd Round pick) and would prefer to see what JJ turns into in NY, and we're already not so strong at LB/Edge. So, any thoughts? Cimini is the latest to mention JJ as trade comp,  do we think it's total speculation or can the Pack be asking for JJ as a way to sell their fanbase on "We got a first rounder"....

If his name was in an article it was a Packers fan site. JD isn't trading him.

• Upvote 2

All speculation aside, the reality is that the Jets do not have a starting caliber QB on their roster at current, none are really left available in free agency at current, and we’re not in a draft slot to draft one at current.

So yes, there clearly is pressure on JD and Co. to get a deal done for AR, simply because the other options, Zach Wilson, Lamar Jackson, the 5th in the 2023 draft, really aren’t options. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Just saw an article and have seen other places talking about Jermaine Johnson being part of a trade package for Rodgers. I would prefer to use E. Moore as trade bait for a variety of reasons (bit of a malcontent, easily replaceable,  2nd Round pick) and would prefer to see what JJ turns into in NY, and we're already not so strong at LB/Edge. So, any thoughts? Cimini is the latest to mention JJ as trade comp,  do we think it's total speculation or can the Pack be asking for JJ as a way to sell their fanbase on "We got a first rounder"....

Thank God Joe is in charge. He would never do these things. Thankfully 

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

All speculation aside, the reality is that the Jets do not have a starting caliber QB on their roster at current, none are really left available in free agency at current, and we’re not in a draft slot to draft one at current.

So yes, there clearly is pressure on JD and Co. to get a deal done for AR, simply because the other options, Zach Wilson, Lamar Jackson, the 5th in the 2023 draft, really aren’t options. 

I keep seeing this take and truthfully, I do not know why. Is it true that the Jets are under pressure given their current QB depth chart, I guess so, but the idea that the Packers are not under more pressure, is fools gold. 

The Packers may have the luxury of time to wait, but there are two factors that are weighing heavy on them right now:

1. Draft. I do not see the Packers letting the draft slip away and losing the chance to gather more draft picks from the Jets to help Jordan Love. He is starting to prove he is the guy for the future. How could you possibly gather that information without the influx of talent through the draft? 

2. Week 1. There is an absolute sh*t ton of cap money that will cripple that franchise if they keep Rodgers on the roster come week 1. Hell, he could show up to the facility and start working out. If he gets injured, they owe him the money. Rodgers has already made it clear he's moving on from them, as have they. Why would the Packers have any interest going down this route? 

While it may upset a lot of fans that the Jets are playing the long game, it's a logical one and the longer this plays out, the better it is for the Jets. What's worse, the Jets risking another year with a below average QB or the Packers completely destroying their cap and thus, destroying the idea of Jordan Love? 

This will end before the draft. I have a feeling it ends this week. 

• Upvote 3

^^^This is the point.   The Jets just risk another crappy year but position themselves great for 2024-they will get a QB one way or the other.   

If the Packers stick with Rodgers, they are screwed for years.  If the Jets get Rodgers, they are screwed for years.  The teams seem to be arguing over who gets to be screwed. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, varjet said:

^^^This is the point.   The Jets just risk another crappy year but position themselves great for 2024-they will get a QB one way or the other.   

If the Packers stick with Rodgers, they see screwed for years.  If the Jets get Rodgers, they are screwed for years.  The teams seem to be arguing over who gets to be screwed. 

The problem with understanding this argument is that many fans believe that JD and company will be fired if this occurs. I do not think that's the case. While it would be an epic failure to not acquire Rodgers, it will also show great reserve by a GM to stand his ground and not overpay for a bandaid. 

The roster JD has built will not be ignored. 

In my opinion, it's a moot point. This will be done before the draft. 

7 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

His stats with Flacco, Mike white were 10x better than when Wilson was qb. He has talent, showed that in 21. He had legitimate complaint about Wilson, and no one can say now he was the only one complaining about Zach. I think he would welcome to play with Rodgers. He has the potential to rack up a lot of yards as 3rd WR sneaking around while D focuses on G Wilson and rodgers buddy as #2. Unlike Zach, rodgers will find the open man. 

He was the only one complaining publicly.  That is simply a lie to say otherwise.  I assume there were people unhappy but they kept it in house.  Now after the 2nd Pats game it became cool to attack Zach Wilson - it was the hip thing to do. - even the HC joined in fun.  so that was a different time - it wasn't me first - it was locker room in complete disarray.  It's possible Moore started the trend.

The kid is all about him - which is really fine if that's the person he wants to be - no judgement.  For me, personally I don't want a person like that on my team.  That is all.

You don't publicly and purposely sabotage a team on a 5 game win streak -  because you're not getting the ball enough.

I look forward to the day he's not on the team.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

59 minutes ago, Falco21 said:

I keep seeing this take and truthfully, I do not know why. Is it true that the Jets are under pressure given their current QB depth chart, I guess so….

Who  is our starting QB in 2023 if we do not acquire Rodgers?

And does JD survive it?

59 minutes ago, Falco21 said:

While it may upset a lot of fans….

I’m not upset. Just analyzing the situation from the Jets perspective.

19 hours ago, sciond said:

They have a wish list that some people put out there...

JD will tell them to go **** themselves is they ask for so much 

I still don't want AR

Rather spend a little more and roll the dice on Lamar

anyone else remember the GB fans were complaining AR was done last year?

Now they want a lot for him??

At some point a sign and trade deal with the Ravens for Lamar for less than two 1s will be attractive to the Ravens.   They are in cap hell.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He was the only one complaining publicly.  That is simply a lie to say otherwise.  I assume there were people unhappy but they kept it in house.  Now after the 2nd Pats game it became cool to attack Zach Wilson - it was the hip thing to do. - even the HC joined in fun.  so that was a different time - it wasn't me first - it was locker room in complete disarray.  It's possible Moore started the trend.

The kid is all about him - which is really fine if that's the person he wants to be - no judgement.  For me, personally I don't want a person like that on my team.  That is all.

You don't publicly and purposely sabotage a team on a 5 game win streak -  because you're not getting the ball enough.

This is the point that I think gets missed. It was not about the validity to what he was saying nor the outspoken belief that Zach Wilson and LaFleur were dogsh*t. It was the fact that Moore aired that out publicly at a time when the team was winning and the fanbase was buzzing. If Moore had those beliefs, which many will not disagree with, he should have dealt with it inside the locker room, not come out to the media and claim you are unhappy because you are not getting targets.

The actions of Moore separate a good player from a great player and a great leader. Listening to Theilen on the MacAfee show was ironic when juxtaposing that interview next to this. Theilen has had a very successful career in the NFL and when they asked him about him not having as big of a role as Justin Jefferson in Minnesota, he shot that down immediately as a reason he left. He said that in todays league, you need to have 2+ wide receivers that can share the catches. 

Instead, we have a guy sh*tting on his team publicly while winning because he is not getting the ball enough. Reason or no reason, it was childish.

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I’m not upset. Just analyzing the situation from the Jets perspective.

I would not doubt they go after a guy like Carson Wentz, if that happens. Again, I do not think it will get to that point, but if it did, I would imagine they bring in Wentz. Funny enough, this team won 7 games last year with horsesh*t at the QB position. Carson Wentz could win them 9+ and give the Jets the ability to continue building in the draft and positioning themselves for a strong QB class in 2024.

I am not labeling you as "upset", just many of the fans throughout this process. I think we can all agree there have been many that are "upset".

11 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Because he's a vocal me first players - that literally took his complaints public when the team was 6-3 on a five game winning streak.   This is a player that has proven nothing - yet felt the arrogance to act like he deserved more.

This is not the type of guy Saleh wants on his team.

So the Green Bay Packers are desperate to trade for a player who has proven nothing and is a me first type of teammate to partner w/ their first year starting QB who is replacing a HOF legend? 

Why would the Packers want that type of player on their team?

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't have any beef with you, but this wasn't exactly your best post:

You putting an extra word into someone else's mouth isn't an example of that person telling a lie that requires this word to make that assessment.

That's weak.

What is a lie is asserting that Moore did so for the purpose of sabotaging the team, rather than, out of frustration, merely acting selfishly. The goal wasn't team harm but rather self intetest to further getting paid more when his rookie contract is up. As they still kept winning after they, it didn't sabotage anything anyway.

That's weak x2.

Moore didn't directly attack Wilson, and certainly didn't name him. It's not hard for people to connect those dots at least indirectly, but the one he blew up at directly was MLF, for not calling in his # more as the 1st (or 2nd) read, as though Moore should embrace his role as merely a fast decoy to help clear a db or two deep/away from other targets.

That's weak x3.

Plenty of teammates did take public swipes at Wilson during the season by wearing Mike White t-shirts. The clear message wasn't simply that White was the greatest - plenty of QBs are better & they all know it - so much as a show of strength in numbers in favor of White starting instead of Wilson. That they didn't include "and not Wilson" in the shirts after White's name was no less directly a public swipe at Wilson than Moore's public comments that came after a blowup with MLF. 

That's weak x4.

There's no evidence that Moore speaking out about not getting balls thrown his way in any way influenced Saleh to call out Wilson after the NE post-game comment, which itself came in response to being asked directly about it, let alone that Saleh did so to get any "fun" out of it.

Never mind he didn't "attack" Wilson anyway. He acknowledged Wilson using a poor choice of words and then shrugged it off, saying they still believe in him & further suggesting Wilson wasn't done as the QB that same season. You frame it as though Saleh went into a presser and mercilessly ripped into Wilson, from which there'd be no return if he had.

The locker room "disarray" was solved in 5 seconds by benching Wilson for White, as they enjoyed a 31-10 victory in the very next game.

That's weak x5 and more.

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And does JD survive it?

If Woody is the one who directed him to go after Rodgers, and to not get serious about (let alone sign) anyone else while that's still an option, it goes a long way.

Plus they're quite clearly acquiring Rodgers. The only variables yet to be finalized are when and for how much.

The Packers aren't paying Rodgers $60MM, and then doubly forgo acquiring any draft picks in the process. That's the same as trading away the Jets' offer so they can pay Rodgers $60MM this year after allowing other teams to talk to him, and further after he's already publicly stated he wants to play for another team (and further still, named that team). That's not happening -- it's untenable for the Packers and the Jets are thankfully aware of this instead of panicking in mid-March.

Adding to all the above is the reality that are no other interested teams. The only one that allegedly showed any interest was the Raiders and that interest (whether real or not) was formally withdrawn with them signing Garoppolo.

Douglas is playing this correctly. The Packers have no choice but to eventually cave.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

So the Green Bay Packers are desperate to trade for a player who has proven nothing and is a me first type of teammate to partner w/ their first year starting QB who is replacing a HOF legend? 

Why would the Packers want that type of player on their team?

I don't think GB would want him either.  I was just discussing why the Jets would want to get rid of him.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Falco21 said:

The problem with understanding this argument is that many fans believe that JD and company will be fired if this occurs. I do not think that's the case. While it would be an epic failure to not acquire Rodgers, it will also show great reserve by a GM to stand his ground and not overpay for a bandaid. 

The roster JD has built will not be ignored. 

In my opinion, it's a moot point. This will be done before the draft. 

I agree-if this does not happen, I do not think JD/Saleh get fired-right away.  But if I am Woody I am upgrading from them the next time a Payton, or even Reich, opportunity presents itself.  

Bellichick was fired from the Browns.  Reid from the Eagles.  Reich freed up.  If I am Woody I am not firing these guys to start over with other current assistants, but I am definitely eating whatever is left on the current contracts to upgrade.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

don't have any beef with you, but this wasn't exactly your best post:

Nor do I have a beef with you, but I don't agree with much of what you wrote.  Well, at least, you're seeing it from one way - which I don't believe to be accurate.

You putting an extra word into someone else's mouth isn't an example of that person telling a lie that requires this word to make that assessment.

It was, in fact, a lie - as he stated he wasn't the only one publicly attacking Wilson - at the time - he was.  I have nothing against him either.  Now wether he was purposely lying or just incorrect, either way - it was not factual

Moore didn't directly attack Wilson, and certainly didn't name him. It's not hard for people to connect those dots at least indirectly, but the one he blew up at directly was MLF, for not calling in his # more as the 1st (or 2nd) read, as though Moore should embrace his role as merely a fast decoy to help clear a db or two deep/away from other targets.

I didn't say Moore attacked Wilson - I said he went public with his demand to be traded.  And he did this when the team was on the best winning streak the've had in a long time. Which he did.  

Plenty of teammates did take public swipes at Wilson during the season by wearing Mike White t-shirts. The clear message wasn't simply that White was the greatest - plenty of QBs are better & they all know it - so much as a show of strength in numbers in favor of White starting instead of Wilson. That they didn't include "and not Wilson" in the shirts after White's name was no less directly a public swipe at Wilson than Moore's public comments that came after a blowup with MLF.

Nobody took a public swipe at Wilson - until after the second Pats game - and after the HC essentially declared open season on him.  And please stop with this T-shirt thing.  It wasn't an attack on Wilson , it was support of Mike White.   image.jpeg.54a1cb6d53af42661f0802e83d5429ad.jpeg

There's no evidence that Moore speaking out about not getting balls thrown his way in any way influenced Saleh to call out Wilson after the NE post-game comment, which itself came in response to being asked directly about it, let alone that Saleh did so to get any "fun" out of it.

Never mind he didn't "attack" Wilson anyway. He acknowledged Wilson using a poor choice of words and then shrugged it off, saying they still believe in him & further suggesting Wilson wasn't done as the QB that same season. You frame it as though Saleh went into a presser and mercilessly ripped into Wilson, from which there'd be no return if he had.

The locker room "disarray" was solved in 5 seconds by benching Wilson for White, as they enjoyed a 31-10 victory in the very next game.

There can never be specific evidence of what caused the team to fall apart, but it's my belief that Moore's little tantrum was the beginning of the end.  You point to one win against, literally, the worst team in the NFL - which, as you know, was the last win of the season.  Saying the team's choices (if that is what you're saying) was a smart and effective one - I would claim that it failed miserably.  We don't know what would have happened had Moore spoken privately about his concerns and Saleh not thrown his QB under the bus.  No way to know - but we do know what happened with these moves.

Again, I have no problem with you at all, I just think we see this differently.  In my view, Moore was selfish and that selfishness was surely part of the reason for the disastrous end to the Jets season.

14 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I really think if a 2nd round pick was on the table this would be done.  

My guess is JD has offered a 3rd at best.  

My other guess is that it was JD that lowered the offered from what was being discussed. He probably had a 2nd originally in the offer. 

But then every other team pulled out of the Rodgers Sweepstakes - people keep saying that was bad for the Jets - but what it also meant was every team had their starting QB already paid and on their team.

And this is why GB is being so difficult.

I really hope that's the case

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Nor do I have a beef with you, but I don't agree with much of what you wrote.  Well, at least, you're seeing it from one way - which I don't believe to be accurate.

It was, in fact, a lie - as he stated he wasn't the only one publicly attacking Wilson - at the time - he was.  I have nothing against him either.  Now wether he was purposely lying or just incorrect, either way - it was not factual

I didn't say Moore attacked Wilson - I said he went public with his demand to be traded.  And he did this when the team was on the best winning streak the've had in a long time. Which he did.  

Nobody took a public swipe at Wilson - until after the second Pats game - and after the HC essentially declared open season on him.  And please stop with this T-shirt thing.  It wasn't an attack on Wilson , it was support of Mike White.   image.jpeg.54a1cb6d53af42661f0802e83d5429ad.jpeg

There can never be specific evidence of what caused the team to fall apart, but it's my belief that Moore's little tantrum was the beginning of the end.  You point to one win against, literally, the worst team in the NFL - which, as you know, was the last win of the season.  Saying the team's choices (if that is what you're saying) was a smart and effective one - I would claim that it failed miserably.  We don't know what would have happened had Moore spoken privately about his concerns and Saleh not thrown his QB under the bus.  No way to know - but we do know what happened with these moves.

Again, I have no problem with you at all, I just think we see this differently.  In my view, Moore was selfish and that selfishness was surely part of the reason for the disastrous end to the Jets season.

You added the word publicly; he didn't say that. You added that word, which only then created the argument to which you engaged.

The t-shirt was an obvious message of extreme preference for one QB over the other. I can't think of another team that's ever done this, let alone within a month of the prior QB getting benched while healthy. In that situation such a preference for one is simultaneously an extreme disfavor for the alternative. If they'd previously made similar I♥ZACH shirts, and then only did the same for White following a Zach injury that knocked him out, then that'd hold some water that "We like White much better than Zach" wasn't obviously implied.

Ripping, criticizing, complaining about a teammate during the season is a verbal attack; mincing words in this context is a distinction without a difference. Also I was using the word you used in your post: attack.

A locker room in disarray doesn't un-disarray in just a couple days.

You further didn't clarify this as "my belief" or "in my opinion" but rather stated it all as though it was irrefutable fact, when in reality I don't think most share your belief. Sabotaging the team being the more inflammatory takes.

I thought what Moore did absolutely sucked, particularly given the timing. There was more to it than is being laid out, and young people (especially in the social media era) often do and say things publicly that they would take back if they could. There's a whole lot of embarrassing things & deeds by athletes for the past century - often in front of fans - that the public at large didn't find out about because they didn't have personal media devices to do it & the writers had an interest in protecting them. It sucked but wasn't the end of the world. Frankly if Davis could stay on the field, or if Mims was worth a damn, his same comments would have sucked a lot less.

52 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Elijah Moore, team player:

5472(1).jpg.7dce95cace43aa23252ea0c9c89e5618.jpg

With Zach as QB it’s like you having a fireman who tries to shove the nozzle of the hose up his ass instead of pointing it at the fire. Rest of the guys ask to be transferred to another fire station the next day. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

With Zach as QB it’s like you having a fireman who tries to shove the nozzle of the hose up his ass instead of pointing it at the fire. Rest of the guys ask to be transferred to another fire station the next day. 

Nah, you put him on a PIP with specific performance benchmarks to meet in a specified time, and if those aren't met, you terminate him for failure to meet and perform at minimum standards. That's actually how most of the real world seems to work. 

If this was a FD, Zach wouldn't have finished his Probie year.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, varjet said:

If the Packers stick with Rodgers, they are screwed for years.  If the Jets get Rodgers, they are screwed for years.  The teams seem to be arguing over who gets to be screwed. 

Good points. If Rodgers has half the rings as Brady, no way they would be even considering letting him go. Of course he gives us the best chance, but Packs need to be reminded we know getting to playoffs with a great seed/home field advantage almost every yr, but with a lot of early exits. But I’m for giving them a first down the road if Rodgers gets us to a bowl, 2 if he wins it.. But if that is deal they only get a 4th now..

On 3/20/2023 at 1:59 PM, JTJet said:

Bruh

The mental gymnastics that is required to think these two points is uncanny. 

Let me tell you a secret. Whether you like it or not, regardless of inheriting his fortune, Woody Johnson is not a complete moron. In no way did he lead the charge for Rodgers, only to be "cooled down" a couple of weeks later by Joe Douglas. 

Don’t underestimate Woodys level of stupidity