Joe Beningo has feelings

7 hours ago, Gangrene said:

Whatever happens, Joe's quick take is idiotic. We are arguing over deck chairs on the Titanic. The band  continues to play on. For better or worse this deal will get  done eventually.

His take is idiotic but I still get a laugh out of it all.  Yes, he's the stereotype but if you don't take him too seriously, he's kind of hilarious.  And he's actually not that far off from most people on JN when you really get down to it.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

You are giving him exactly what he wants. Clicks, listens, follows, attention. It's a schtick.

No chance.  Joe B doesn't have a fake bone in his body.  He's nuts but I still root for him.  No need to take sports so seriously.  If you look at things in the right light, Joe B is both hilarious and awesome.  I admit that sometimes he's a little much (like lately) but there's no need to get bent out of shape out of it.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

He turned calling a sports talk radio station into a long, lucrative career working at his "dream job"...

He survived, and even thrived, after a sexual harrassment allegation that would have gotten anyone else fired, cancelled, and reduced to pumping gas in Bumblesuck, Arkansas...

He was missed so much by his employer that he was coaxed out of retirement to return on his terms and gets paid to "work" while laying on his living room recliner...

Imagine what he could have done if he was as smart as some of the geniuses on this forum who are now calling him a moron...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

I don't put much faith in the biggest clown in sports media calling anything else a circus. Joe Beningo embodies the absolute worst of the Jets/Mets/Rangers fan bases. It's like taking the worst, most over-the-top reactionary poster on a board like this and multiplying him by 1,000.

What's the rush, Joe? Is it because you're a baby who wants everything right now? What exactly has Joe Douglas not folding cost the Jets? Should he just give Green Bay what they want because you and other whiny, impatient fans want it done now? What a complete Same Ol' Jets joke Joe Beningo is.

Well said my friend.....I cant stand that assclown!

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Stop already with Derek Carr. He will disappear down south with a mediocre team and no history of winning anything. He is and always will be, a middle of the pack average QB. Would rather risk it and try for one of the best (which we did and will get him), then settle for being average. 

we won 7 games with Zach, White and Flacco. we didnt need one of the best to be a really good team. add in that it could be for one year with a massive 53 and 60 mil cap hit for 2 years after Rodgers is gone this was a mistake. 

i wonder if you still will think the risk is worth it if this fails and Zach is our starting QB this year. 

funny thing is nobody wants to give up any draft picks yet we chose to exclusively go after the one QB who we have to give them up to get.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Stop already with Derek Carr. He will disappear down south with a mediocre team and no history of winning anything. He is and always will be, a middle of the pack average QB. Would rather risk it and try for one of the best (which we did and will get him), then settle for being average. 

Nope, just need a Qb who can make a screen pass.

• Upvote 1

I used to mildly enjoy Joe, but he really lost me last season. The second the Jets started winning, he was all the way on the other ridiculous end of the spectrum. Jets are a superbowl caliber team, easily one of the best teams in the league, best defense in the league, better than the Bills, etc. As he tells it, the Jets went from the disgrace of the league to minimum AFC championship team in a matter of days. I stopped listening at that point. At least the dooms day/disgrace stuff there was some evidence for. When he jumped to the other end of hyperbole it really showed that he had no objectivity whatsoever. I've got this site for that, no need to listen to pod casts of the same craziness. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Says the guy who is happy about the cap number more then the jets record ever my year. Anytime you wana freeze your balls off with me at Metlife let me know 

As always, you run out the Benigno hyperbole.  I want the Jets to build a strong roster that will be a contender for years.  Those type of perennial winners manage the cap - Steelers, Pats, Chiefs. I know that concept is kind of nuanced for you and your type - the "I want it now no matter the cost" or the "I  just want to make the playoffs" gang. I've been there done that for many many seasons and I want a Super Bowl win, not just a 10-7 first round playoff exit season.  But that sometimes involves taking a more patient long term view and I know that is hard for you and Joe B and that type of fan.  Its it's no fun for you unless you get to complain about how much the GM and the coach and the QB stink.  And if the Jets give up too much for Rodgers and it doesn't work out, you will be first in line to blame him for following your strategy.  

I had Jets season tickets for 41years - from 1981-2021 (I gave them up because I moved too far from the stadium and because I hate the experience at MetLife).  I attended over 300 games in my life, and plenty were very very cold.  I never missed a kick off and never left a game early.  When you get close to 300+ games, drop me a note.  

• Upvote 2

You guys are all missing the point here. One solid winning season makes all of this negativity, past failures etc. go away. If they put out a 14-3, 13-4, or even a 12-5 season, who is going to complain about that? After the last 10+ years of garbage we have endured, I sure as hell wouldn't! In fact, I've said over and over that until I die, I wish to be able to come to forums like this and post positive content about how good our team is, or how great our QB is, not worrying about other fans such as Joe Bingo. This organization deserves all of the negativity and criticism it gets until such time as they can put a competent product on the field for us fans. This seemingly never-ending Rodgers thing is not helping at all.

20 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

You guys are all missing the point here. One solid winning season makes all of this negativity, past failures etc. go away. If they put out a 14-3, 13-4, or even a 12-5 season, who is going to complain about that? After the last 10+ years of garbage we have endured, I sure as hell wouldn't! In fact, I've said over and over that until I die, I wish to be able to come to forums like this and post positive content about how good our team is, or how great our QB is, not worrying about other fans such as Joe Bingo. This organization deserves all of the negativity and criticism it gets until such time as they can put a competent product on the field for us fans. This seemingly never-ending Rodgers thing is not helping at all.

Nope.  Jets history is riddled with bursts of good season that fell short of a SB title.  One good season of football that ends in a playoff loss will just feed the SOJ narrative.  The success in the early and mid 80s did not relieve the stench of the decade of failure in the 70s and brought us Simpson's pick of Todd, the Mud Bowl, the 86 losing streak and the Cleveland collapsed.  Parcells' teams in the late 90s did not eliminate the stench of losing in the mid 90s and brought us the loss in Denver, Vinny's achilles, and the loss of a great coach to a division rival.  The early 2000s brought us Herm's clock mismanagement, Doug Brien, Pennington's shoulder, and Tom Brady.  The late 2000s brought us Sanchize, two tough tile game losses, Tim Tebow, the butt fumble, the human hold out.  

The Red Sox were not able to rid themselves of the loser label until 2004.  Nothing short of a SB win will end the SOJ narrative.  

6 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

I used to mildly enjoy Joe, but he really lost me last season. The second the Jets started winning, he was all the way on the other ridiculous end of the spectrum. Jets are a superbowl caliber team, easily one of the best teams in the league, best defense in the league, better than the Bills, etc. As he tells it, the Jets went from the disgrace of the league to minimum AFC championship team in a matter of days. I stopped listening at that point. At least the dooms day/disgrace stuff there was some evidence for. When he jumped to the other end of hyperbole it really showed that he had no objectivity whatsoever. I've got this site for that, no need to listen to pod casts of the same craziness. 

Yeah he's been all over the place since he's come out of retirement....he's always been hyperbolic and a bit over the top but I always felt like his opinions were pretty accurate but lately he sounds like a drunk Skip Bayless.....age isn't kind to everyone.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Everyone makes mistakes. You argued Darnold and Wilson were good QBs.

I never said they were good QBs .  In fact I said many times they might fail.  I was rooting for them to succeed since as Jet fan that’s kind of the point no?

• More Ugh 1

23 hours ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

"The fact that Rodgers isn't here already and douglas cant make a deal happen shows this team is absolute disgrace.....This is so typical of the new york jets and one of the reasons this franchise has been absolute dog crap for the better part of 50 years....This is the kind of stuff that happens to losing franchises......The longer this goes on, is the more likely that Joe D is gonna botch this deal and will have to sell this fanbase on Tim Boyle or Zach Wilson has the starting QB."

so this guy wants us to just let some team screw us over to get our guy, that is supposed to be the right move in his mind. God Damn Crazy. Looney toons. If anythign Joe douglas not giving away the farm to green bay shows that our team is anything but a disgrace. We are not the Green Bay jets. We need to make moves good for us. Trading premium draft picks for a 1 year rental is not equal value. Green bay media machine propaganda and "pressure" will not work. Joe is an Ozzie type of GM. He has is offer and it is what it is. The woody story is make believe and not relevant. Green bay is holding up this deal, woody merely mentioning or being concerned cause he say Seattle screw over Den, does not mean he is the problem, if anything it might be one of the best things he has thought in a long time for the roster. But joe is leading he way. 

I also do not buy we are giving a second rounder to GB either. These guys are so manipulative. They tyring to assume he is worth at least a frist to get a second out of Joe, but the truth is Aaron is worth a conditional 4th just like Farve and that is the true value that shoudl be used. Joe offered a conditional 3rd and GB will have to accept it now or for next year. We are not the ones that need to get rid of Rogers. They are. 

And it will be great when we get him.

37 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Prediction. This place will be in an uproar when people find out the details of this trade. (If the trade ever happens)

That's the whole point, this trade HAS to happen......If this front office gets the fans hopes up and then pulls the rug out, this will go down as the worst offseason in history.....We will be the mockery of the universe and nobody will show up to metlife when tim boyle or zach wilson is being sold as the QB

4 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

That's the whole point, this trade HAS to happen......If this front office gets the fans hopes up and then pulls the rug out, this will go down as the worst offseason in history.....We will be the mockery of the universe and nobody will show up to metlife when tim boyle or zach wilson is being sold as the QB

I’m just not sure I agree with it has to happen. Certainly want it to but it has to be the right value.

if it dies not and it was because the price was too high, sure some will flip out on here but I do think the majority would actually back jd and the jets.

the media will spin the soj negativity but f them

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

I’m just not sure I agree with it has to happen. Certainly want it to but it has to be the right value.

if it dies not and it was because the price was too high, sure some will flip out on here but I do think the majority would actually back jd and the jets.

the media will spin the soj negativity but f them

And what happens in this scenario when we start out at 2-5 (answer…  the planes start flying over Met Life) then finish in no man’s land at 7-10 again with no hope at QB? Who gets the axe? JD? Saleh? Both?

They need to make this trade as much as the Packers do.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

And what happens in this scenario when we start out at 2-5 (answer…  the planes start flying over Met Life) then finish in no man’s land at 7-10 again with no hope at QB? Who gets the axe? JD? Saleh? Both?

Completely understand your point.

I am talking out if my behind here because I do not have any facts of what is being negotiated but if we are to believe stories about #13 this year or a 1 next year, it seems like the jets walk.

Now me personally, I could care less if they give up 13. Selfishly I am 63 and want whatever chance there is to win a damn sb. Fortunately the jets don’t care about my selfish want and most likely won’t mortgage continued growth

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, undertow said:

Yeah he's been all over the place since he's come out of retirement....he's always been hyperbolic and a bit over the top but I always felt like his opinions were pretty accurate but lately he sounds like a drunk Skip Bayless.....age isn't kind to everyone.

You said it perfectly. You're 100% right. Always dramatic, always hyperbolic. He definitely got worse after he left WFAN. I didn't realize it until this past season because prior to this season, it's been nothing but the dooms day crap, which was extra but at least fit what the team was putting on the field. It wasn't until mid-season when overnight he was suddenly calling the Jets a superbowl favorite and claiming he expects them in the AFCCG, at a minimum, that I realized how much he had lost it lol

Nope.  Jets history is riddled with bursts of good season that fell short of a SB title.  One good season of football that ends in a playoff loss will just feed the SOJ narrative.  The success in the early and mid 80s did not relieve the stench of the decade of failure in the 70s and brought us Simpson's pick of Todd, the Mud Bowl, the 86 losing streak and the Cleveland collapsed.  Parcells' teams in the late 90s did not eliminate the stench of losing in the mid 90s and brought us the loss in Denver, Vinny's achilles, and the loss of a great coach to a division rival.  The early 2000s brought us Herm's clock mismanagement, Doug Brien, Pennington's shoulder, and Tom Brady.  The late 2000s brought us Sanchize, two tough tile game losses, Tim Tebow, the butt fumble, the human hold out.  
The Red Sox were not able to rid themselves of the loser label until 2004.  Nothing short of a SB win will end the SOJ narrative.  
Here's to hoping the Jets can win back to back to back Super Bowls for you.

I remember Joe and Evan on the midday show on WFAN, during our run with Sanchez. Even saw him out in Indianapolis, at the AFC Championship Game. He was just like a kid, giddy about possibly making a Super Bowl, and crushed after we lost. 

His views and commentary have deteriorated over the years and yeah he should just retire for good and play golf in Florida every day, but the hatred for this guy is a little strange. He is a Jets fan. We are all damaged. Some of us let our fandom lead into embarrassing commentary. Myself included. 

But we are Jets fans. Until we actually win something, we are forgiven for our insanity by the football Gods. Including Joe B. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I get your point and you very well might be right, but I disagree. I don't think the majority of Jets fans want to completely mortgage the future for a playoff appearance. If it doesn't work, it'll certainly bad and rightfully so. You put all your eggs in the AR basket and that was a mistake. But I can make the same argument for the opposite; If JD gives up a 1st and 2nd for a 40 year old (likely) 1 year rental on a non-super bowl ready roster, and this team proceeds to tiebreak their way into a wildcard game and lose or, even worse, don't make the playoffs - What happens then? AR retires after 1 year and the entire narrative will instantly be about how you just blew up the only progress this team had made in a decade by deciding to go all in on a declining superstar who was retiring before he went into a freaking blackhole for 4 days. 

For sure, it's a really sh*tty situation they are in this year. If they regress or somehow don't continue to make progress because of further mismanagement of the QB position (either with or without Rodgers) the backlash is going to be bad. I just don't agree that the backlash will be worse if they don't get Rodgers vs. If they grossly overpay and it blows up in their face.