Aaron Rodgers traded to the New York Jets

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

We need to find a way now to get a second impact level WR.  Garret Wilson gets hurt - this WR room is worse than Rodgers' last year.

After Wilson it's not good.

I have a feeling we will be signing Randall Cobb.  There could be hope later in the draft as well.

4 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

As Tom said... thats why the trade had to get done today... because you cannot trade a player for 24 hours after the league accepts the contract... so after Packers file it and the league accepts it 24 hours later then they can trade him... It won't be official till at least Wednesday.

Still no excuse to lose the trade pretty decently. 

• More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Doesn’t say that.  Just says the 2nd becomes a first if he plays 65% of their snaps, nowhere does it say 2023’s snaps.  

You're reading into it too much.

They can't have a 2024 draft pick conditional upon how many snaps he plays 6-9 months after the 2024 draft. 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Too bad that Wilson wasn't a bit more safe with the ball.  I would be playing him for the 4th quarter every game where we have a 2 score lead.  Brett Favr.... I mean Aaron Rodgers would not take one snap in the victory formation or to end a half if I am coaching this team.  

lmao, could you imagine? 

I can imagine they do that and it's one of those Football Follies botched snaps taken back the other way. Because Jets, lol.

Then I can further imagine Clemons squeezing his skull until his eye pops out like the guy who wouldn't give up Charlie M.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bobby816 said:

The packers always had the better bluff. Let’s see the contract details. As I think skeptable said they may have essentially bought a draft pick 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Lets see how much money the Packers took on before you make this statement... How much were the Packers willing to take on to save face and make it look like they robbed the Jets... What if Rodgers plays for Vet Min.. this year? and Packers took on 60-70 Million.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Massive overpay. We gave up a quality 2nd a swap of 1st rounders which equates to a 3rd rounder in value. And what will 99% be a 1st rounder in 2024. All with no protection if he retires after this next season.

So we traded a 2nd, 3rd, and a 2024 1st for a 39 year old for possibly only 1 year.

Awful deal. JD lost big time.

I don't mind the swap of #1's this year but the 2024 first round pick that's disguised as a 2nd rounder is totally unacceptable. Brutal overpay. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

He won't come to NY.  There have been multiple sources say so.  

And we can't go and throw $15 million at him either.  

He said that - but with Rodgers actually on the team that changes.  

Yes, we can afford it - just have to move things around.

If this team can't find another quality receiver I wouldn't expect much out of this team.

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think we lost the trade value wise but win player wise.

We gave up too much but now are a SB contender.

The part that agitates me, is we waited this long to give up too much. Why wait and not get guys we could have in win now mode? If we made this trade 3 weeks ago is Calais Campbell and OBJ Jets? Possibly even others.

At what point in the last 6-7 weeks was it ever rumored to be less than what they gave up? It has always been rumored to be relatively close to what the trade wound up being. The financial details have not been released and that is also going to be a big part of this trade. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

At what point in the last 6-7 weeks was it ever rumored to be less than what they gave up? It has always been rumored to be relatively close to what the trade wound up being. The financial details have not been released and that is also going to be a big part of this trade. 

Because Packers are reworking the contract to take on more money. This is why Jets gave up 'more'

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

I don't mind the swap of #1's this year but the 2024 first round pick that's disguised as a 2nd rounder is totally unacceptable. Brutal overpay. 

I just don't get the hate for this, The Jets just landed the best QB they had in forever. Rodgers will give them at least 2 years, maybe 3. Next year's 1 will be easily in the mid 20's. They have cap space for next year. They could land quality talent in FA, so for one year The Jets won’t be picking in Round 1. Whoopty do. They have Aaron Rodgers and that's all that matters.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2