Aaron Rodgers traded to the New York Jets

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Literally every part that was rumored we caved into. We did the pick swap which is the 100th overall pick in value (a late 3rd). Allowing both them and NE now to possibly draft the guy we want when they both could use an OT. We gave up 42 which I thought we’d give up a 2nd so this isn’t a big deal. But doing 42 now allows them again to draft a player we want (which you’d think us losing this trade, that we’d at least draft in front of them once, but no). Keep in mind to get 42 we had to give up Moore AND our 3rd. And the icing on the cake was we always thought it’d be a 2nd that had conditions to turn into a 1st. But as easy as just playing 65% of the snaps? That’s pretty much for sure giving them a 1st. Go look at Rodgers injury history…..

So to recap…

We get Rodgers, 15th overall pick, a 5th and no protection if he only plays 1 season.

for

13th overall. (In essence Elijah Moore and our 3rd) 42 (which we lost in that trade as well). A 6th and what will based on Rodgers career… will 99% be a 2024 1st rounder.

I’ll listen to the side that we got our guy and we now need to focus on a SB run and such.

But the line of thinking that we pretty decently didn’t lose this trade value wise…. Is just false. 

The Jets were never drafting a tackle in the 1st rd. The Packers do not have the same draft needs as the Jets whatsoever so 42 it 43 doesn't matter. The Packers wanted to get ahead of the Patriots bc they both need WRs.

The 1st next year at worse will be around 20, hardly a premium pick. 

It's pretty simple, if Rodgers comes out and says he's playing for 2 years and the financial are a lot v better than we think than this is a no brainer win for the Jets. 

• WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

next year? we have no idea if Aaron Rodgers is gonna be hear next year

So then they shouldn’t rework the deal?? it will give them more space to be players next year and on top of it if he does retire after one year, we won’t have as much dead cap money. 

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This was pretty much the trade we all wanted..a conditional  2nd next year. 

No idea why so many here are whining. How much did you expect the packers to cave. If Rodgers gets hurt they never get a 1st for him. Now packers have to for Rodgers to stay healthy all year. 

the pick next year is not really conditional.  it is a de facto first round pick.  as long as rodgers doe not break his ass and miss half the season, the jets are giving up a first for him in 2024 even if he does not play in 2024

1 minute ago, Claymation said:

They traded a second this year and a conditional second next year. What the **** did you expect, a conditional 7th?

Serenity Now! 

I mean it's much closer to a 2nd and 1st.  We should be very much hoping it's a 2 and a 1...

If it's 2 2nd's it means the trade was an absolute disaster.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Green Bay pretty much got what they wanted.  They wanted the 13th pick and they wanted another guaranteed first which they pretty much got along with a second rounder.  I’m happy Rodgers is here but it certainly wasn’t cheap and if it doesn’t end with us getting at least to the AFC title game it’s gonna sting 

How is getting to the AFCCG game a win after going all in on this?

It’s SB or a fail. Now that doesn’t mean we can’t keep building the team. But this trade is SB or fail. Always was that. But even more now after getting drilled draft capital wise.

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Green Bay pretty much got what they wanted.  They wanted the 13th pick and they wanted another guaranteed first which they pretty much got along with a second rounder.  I’m happy Rodgers is here but it certainly wasn’t cheap and if it doesn’t end with us getting at least to the AFC title game it’s gonna sting 

They wanted the 13th by itself, not a pick swap. Good try though

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

You can like the player and still realize that the jets caved for no reason and are on the losing end of the trade.  They have gotten the better end of the deal on a bunch of recent deals, so I guess its ok (cringe) to lose value once in a while.  I am just a value oriented person, and I just don’t like the value of the trade.  

Fair but I kind of equate it to buying a car in the 70’s. I paid 200 for undercoating.

my neighbor got it for free.

he got a better value but I love the car so I am good.

if rodgers is close to being himself, we simply won’t care

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The Jets were never drafting a tackle in the 1st rd. The Packers do not have the same draft needs as the Jets whatsoever so 42 it 43 doesn't matter. The Packers wanted to get ahead of the Patriots bc they both need WRs.

The 1st next year at worse will be around 20, hardly a premium pick. 

It's pretty simple, if Rodgers comes out and says he's playing for 2 years and the financial are a lot v better than we think than this is a no brainer win for the Jets. 

We were never drafting an OT at 13? Really? Come on now? Likely we’re still drafting an OT at 15. Just likely another one is gone at 13 or 14 now. Because yes GB and NE need an OT.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

It’s SB or a fail. Now that doesn’t mean we can’t keep building the team. But this trade is SB or fail. Always was that. But even more now after getting drilled draft capital wise.

The problem with this theory is the Jets off-season, at least so far, has not been run like a team that is all in. 

More like a team still in rebuild mode looking for bargains.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think you misinterpreted 

Just now, FidelioJet said:

The problem with this theory is the Jets off-season, at least so far, has not been run like a team that is all in. 

More like a team still in rebuild mode looking for bargains.

It’s been in between. Signing Lazard has been our only upgrade. So we haven’t had an all in off-season by any means.

1 minute ago, Barton said:

If the jets load up on offense now, then who knows, maybe Rodgers keeps playing 2-4 years. 

Kind of thinking the same.

I don’t think he has an idea what ny is going to be like if the jets are winners.

look at the garden with the knicks.

he will own this town and with ego’s these guys have who is to say he wants to give it up after 2 years?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s been in between. Signing Lazard has been our only upgrade. So we haven’t had an all in off-season by any means.

I mean Lazard may very well be a downgrade to Moore.  That was a Rodgers appeasement move..which is fine but we shouldn't really be making it out to be anything more than that.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, jgb said:

Now please, JD, protect your investment with a non-embarrassing backup if our new prize misses a couple games.

They got the other guy from GB and Zach. I think we’re done investing in the QB position for this year 

4 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Watching Path to the Draft and they say there's only 3 OT's worth taking. That drop to 1.15 is going to let GB or NE take the last one at 1.13 or 1.14.

But I'm sure we can depend on Becton to play 17 games.

Damn. I was going to buy tickets to the home opener and everything  but now 

Sad Arrested Development GIF

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

They got the other guy from GB and Zach. I think we’re done investing in the QB position for this year 

Let that guy take the number two reps in practice. I don't want to see anther second wasted on saving Zach. JD made a horrible pick and he needs to admit it.