Aaron Rodgers traded to the New York Jets

It’s Cimini but hey it’s something lol 

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- One of the most eventful weeks in New York Jets history began Monday with the trade for quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

It ended Saturday with the last of seven draft picks. In a news conference to wrap up the draft, coach Robert Saleh was asked to describe the week, starting with the Rodgers acquisition. Without saying a word, Saleh leaned over, wrapped both arms around general manager Joe Douglas and gave him a hug.

It's been a fun week, a fun week," Saleh finally said, smiling. "To get Aaron here, it's a blessing.

"We got better this week -- a lot better this week."

Douglas negotiated the trade that brought the four-time MVP to the Jets, changing everything. After 12 straight seasons out of the playoffs -- the NFL's longest active drought -- the Jets are suddenly perceived as a Super Bowl contender.

Rodgers still hasn't practiced with the team, except for some light throwing late last week in phase one of the off-season program, but he already has made an impact behind the scenes, according to Saleh.

"We're a really, really young team, especially on offense, and just to watch him and Nathaniel [Hackett] and the way they communicate together, he's already made his presence felt with regards to meetings and input, just discussions on all of the different things we're trying to get accomplished on offense," Saleh said. "He's a tremendous human, first and foremost, Aaron is. Just listening to him, there are little, subtle things I'm not going to get into, but he definitely cares about people and you can tell in the way he speaks to people. So we're really fortunate that he's here."

The Jets didn't get Rodgers any new weapons in the draft, as they used their first-round pick on Iowa State pass rusher Will McDonald IV. They added a skill player in the fifth round, Pitt running back Israel Abanikanda, who rushed for 1,431 yards and 20 touchdowns last season.

McDonald grew up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, admiring Rodgers. Second-round pick Joe Tippmann, a center from Wisconsin, also followed Rodgers' career. Soon he might be snapping to him.

"I mean, it's an awesome feeling, especially knowing somebody as a seasoned veteran like him," Tippmann said. "I just feel like there's so much opportunity there for me to learn from him and it would be a dream to be able to play with him and those dreams are coming true."

McDonald said he's been "scouting" Rodgers since 2008. The prospect of playing with a future Hall of Famer, he said, will be "a real cool opportunity."

• Upvote 1

“The Jets didn't get Rodgers any new weapons in the draft, as they used their first-round pick on Iowa State pass rusher Will McDonald IV. They added a skill player in the fifth round, Pitt running back Israel Abanikanda, who rushed for 1,431 yards and 20 touchdowns last season.”

Oh Rich….SMH

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

“The Jets didn't get Rodgers any new weapons in the draft, as they used their first-round pick on Iowa State pass rusher Will McDonald IV. They added a skill player in the fifth round, Pitt running back Israel Abanikanda, who rushed for 1,431 yards and 20 touchdowns last season.”

Oh Rich….SMH

There ya go. He can't help himself

• Upvote 2

one of the  reasonS  why i like aaron - 

...  " Buddy system: Zach Wilson had no idea the Jets would be trading for Aaron Rodgers when he told reporters at the end of the season that he would welcome a veteran replacement, vowing, "I'm going to make that dude's life hell in practice every day."

Rodgers, aware of the comment, couldn't help but smile when asked about Wilson."He’s going to make my life hell in practice," Rodgers said two days after the trade, "and I’m going to make his life heaven off the field."

The Jets' new QB1 said he wants to mentor the third-year quarterback, who lost his job and now faces the prospect of at least one season as Rodgers' caddie. This is part of the Jets' grand plan: Rodgers plays for two years (they hope) and passes the baton back to Wilson, who, after learning at the side of the master, becomes the quarterback they envisioned when they drafted him No. 2 overall in 2021.

It's unconventional, to be sure. Wilson has only two years left on his contract, so they might be grooming him for another team, but they're going to give it a go and see what happens."I think being around me and seeing how I go about my business, seeing how I lead, how I interact with the guys, I think there are some things he can pick off from that," Rodgers said. "Part of my opportunity here is to be a great mentor to him, and to teach him fundamental stuff, to allow him to be around me and, through osmosis, just pick up some things that can help him in his career. That’s what happened to me, being around Brett [Favre]."

Rodgers and Wilson became friendly two years ago when Wilson went pro and was recruited by Rodgers to sign with his agent. They reconnected at the Jets-Packers joint practices in 2021 and have remained texting buddies. Wilson grew up idolizing Rodgers, so there's a deep respect.The four-time MVP believes Wilson, despite two difficult seasons, has a chance to be special.

"I love him, I really do," Rodgers said. "I feel like part of my role here is to help get his confidence back."

rest of above article  > https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/91834/jets-aaron-rodgers-expects-a-heaven-and-hell-relationship-with-zach-wilson

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

If Rodgers can do what only two men (Tom Brady & Bret Favre) have been able to do (QB in their 40s), you guys are an AFC Championship game possibility.

If.

Last year was obviously not a good year for him. I didn’t watch enough Packer football to know if it was his fault or not. Brady’s last year in New England I obviously watched and knew it was not his fault.

Trade definitely worth it. I actually hope you guys do well this year. With Tom retired, I like Rodgers more than I did. I like his opinionated, open, honest style. I wouldn’t be wildly upset is he joined the two-team winning QB squad. 

On 4/30/2023 at 9:37 PM, Larz said:

This is so beyond my expectations. No idea what will come from this but wow. 

IMG_5684.jpeg

Zach’s Dad: Hey Hon, you see Zach?

Zach’s Mom: Currently? No, he’s in the basement with the lights off. 

Zach’s Dad: Oh, these mushrooms look fresh!

Zach’s Mom: DON’T EAT THE MUSHROOMS!

Zach’s Dad: Opps!

• Haha 1

On 4/30/2023 at 10:13 PM, WickedAwesome said:

If Rodgers does play at even 85% of his MVP ball, it’s gonna’ be ****ing weird watching Jets uniforms embarrass Patriot uniforms on both sides of the ball.

And you are???????

• Haha 2