### The Official Draft Day One Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

5 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Gotcha. Maybe do some homework, clown. I wanted an elite pass rusher. That’s what we got. I am happy. Game Wrecker. I trust Saleh over a wannabe insider. Seeya. 

What are your feelings on jermaine johnson?  The guy saleh begged douglas to trade up for last year?  Yes, that elite pass rusher.

McDonald is light, old and had 5 sacks last year.

McDonald will be just like JJ.  he wont be on the field enough to justify the resources used and resources by passed.

Douglas has become Tannenbuam when tanny went well out of his way to please the D centric head coach.

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Maybe? Obviously, I hated the pick swap, but taking the EDGE guy is in line with Douglas going for premium positions in the first. I don’t think he opened up the mock draft simulator to find the next guy. 

I understand it from a positional value POV but dude is def undersized

What really kills me is JSN was on the board 

They had a chance to secure the #1 WR in the draft in B2B years

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JETS SB said:

The point was, we have very few “glaring” needs. We have a very good roster. We have needs at several positions including OL, LB, and S. We didn’t need a WR. Anyone who wanted one in the 1st round is just dumb. 

Yeah and my point is we already have 5 Ends 2 of which we drafted last year so reaching for one at 15 is kinda dumb also.

• Upvote 3

Few scenarios tomorrow: 

1) draft their best “OT”: Mauch and Bergeron are the only ones worthy of going top 43. Both are considered tackles who could move inside to guard (in Mauch’s case even C). I think Mauch could be the pick; don’t think Tippmann falls to 43, who they could have rated higher, and I know they like Mauch. They would have to figure out if he can be a starting LT after getting their hands on him, but definitely a RT/G/C with tons of athleticism and nastiness. 

2) draft an interior OL/C. Tippmann is believed to be their top interior OL and naturally everyone knows about JMS. Avila has a lot of hype but think he’s going to be gone by 43. Don’t see the Torrence fit. It’s entirely possible some of these guys are gone before we pick.

3) take a TE. So much value there in Mayer, Musgrave, Washington, and LaPorta it may be hard to pass up. 

4) lean all into defense. I wouldn’t rule out a DL Keeanu Benton, Adetomiwa Adebawore, Keion White as all have been associated with us. Not great resource allocation nor would it be how the Jets drew it up, but as they’ve done the past 2 seasons I think disaster scenario would be to add a veteran OT in camp if they can’t find one in the draft (or if they draft a few guys that are too raw). My opinion: just go sign a veteran DT; there are plenty available.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I been away for so long. Its weird seeing you be glass half full. I hope you're right. I used to hate everything and everyone involved with this team with you. We got a chance! I pop in like once a year. I see it. I used to be in your gang. You were the Joker and we wanted to burn it all down. Thats when we couldn't see a SB ever

I still ride hard for Team Hater. If we drafted a safety or a guard, I’d be in my feelings. But a pass rusher? It’s like, ok, I can explain that expense.

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Douglas letting buffalo get Kincaid was a massive massive mistake. You don't let Allen get his Kelce. You draft him for Rodgers 

Kelce was drafted in the third round and is a generational TE 

the chances he is Kelce are probably less than 1%

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I understand it from a positional value POV but dude is def undersized

What really kills me is JSN was on the board 

They had a chance to secure the #1 WR in the draft in B2B years

I thought Jeremiah did a good foreshadowing of the WR problem with the Jets—the cupboard is pretty full right now. He even said that Rodgers likes Corey Davis. I definitely get the appeal of JSN, but I don’t think he made much sense for us unless we traded a few receivers first. IMO, if they do draft a guy, I’d prefer one of the big ball-winners that Rodgers likes throwing it to. Cedric Tillman, LaPorta, etc

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

Few scenarios tomorrow: 

1) draft their best “OT”: Mauch and Bergeron are the only ones worthy of going top 43. Both are considered tackles who could move inside to guard (in Mauch’s case even C). I think Mauch could be the pick; don’t think Tippmann falls to 43, who they could have rated higher, and I know they like Mauch. They would have to figure out if he can be a starting LT after getting their hands on him, but definitely a RT/G/C with tons of athleticism and nastiness. 

2) draft an interior OL/C. Tippmann is believed to be their top interior OL and naturally everyone knows about JMS. Avila has a lot of hype but think he’s going to be gone by 43. Don’t see the Torrence fit. It’s entirely possible some of these guys are gone before we pick.

3) take a TE. So much value there in Mayer, Musgrave, Washington, and LaPorta it may be hard to pass up. 

4) lean all into defense. I wouldn’t rule out a DL Keeanu Benton, Adetomiwa Adebawore, Keion White as all have been associated with us. Not great resource allocation nor would it be how the Jets drew it up, but as they’ve done the past 2 seasons I think disaster scenario would be to add a veteran OT in camp if they can’t find one in the draft (or if they draft a few guys that are too raw). My opinion: just go sign a veteran DT; there are plenty available.

Tippman should be the pick as the long term solution at C

Wisconsin has a good track record of producing NFL ready OL

JD better pray this is the year Becton finally manages to stay on the field

My biggest concern is Aaron Rodgers seeing Fat Joe do what GB had been doing to him for years.

It has now been 13 years since a player was drafted in the 1st round to help Aaron Rodgers on offense. 

That's pretty amazing when you think about it..

9 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Lol ok. There are several really good TEs in this class that Buffalo could have selected in various rounds. The Jets, nor anyone else, could have stopped Buffalo from taking a good TE prospect this year if that's what they had their mind set to.

Just glad we stopped you from taking breece last year ?

Breece hall is a true elite rb. Id still rather have Kincaid. Douglas should've taken him once the ots were gone 

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

Few scenarios tomorrow: 

Think it's possible they bolster interior oline with the thought of using AVT as an emergency tackle again. Tippman, just, Avila, mauch could all be in play. Also wouldn't rule out a trade down if they can add another 3rd/4th

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The idea that Corey Davis might have prevented them from drafting JSN only makes me hate CD even more ?

Yeah, I am nooot a Davis fan at all, but I thought it was noteworthy that Jeremiah went out of his way to talk about how full-up the Jets receiver room is, and the Davis/Rodgers tidbit.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I still ride hard for Team Hater. If we drafted a safety or a guard, I’d be in my feelings. But a pass rusher? It’s like, ok, I can explain that expense.

We make small steps away in our justified hate for this team recently. We where the correct ones for years. I believe we've had something going finally minus Zach. I'll trust he saw something in this guy.

2 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

If the bills had a top ten pick I wouldve taken Kincaid. He's going to eat zone covg alive like Kelce. I drinking a shot of crown now and celebrating. It was a home run pick and you know it

I really don’t 

I generally don’t like taking TEs in the first round since so many good ones come from the mid rounds and there have been so many disappointing first round guys 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, I am nooot a Davis fan at all, but I thought it was noteworthy that Jeremiah went out of his way to talk about how full-up the Jets receiver room is, and the Davis/Rodgers tidbit.

Rodgers probably prefers veteran WRs to rookies like I imagine most QBs do 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Douglas letting buffalo get Kincaid was a massive massive mistake. You don't let Allen get his Kelce. You draft him for Rodgers 

What does that even mean?  JD's job is not to prevent division opponents from drafting players that might help them.  His job is to make the Jets better.  How does JD picking at 15 prevent the Bills from drafting a player at 25?  Are you saying the Jets should have drafted Kincaid?  You were saying at the time the Jets picked that Levis was the pick.  You really think the Jets would pull the equivalent of drafting Love 2 days after trading for  Rodgers?  And the Jets were not drafting a TE at 15.  The Jets have a young talented TE in Ruckert.  I'm not sure why you -  a Bills fan- are on a Jets forum telling Jets fans who the Jets should draft.  

• Post of the Week 1

49 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Find me one player, in the modern era, with his measurements, that went on to become an effective pass rusher in the NFL.

Vonn Miller was around 6'3 245

Hell, LT was 6'3 235

Don't dislike the player, but the position was not a need, and the value sucked. It was a dumb, luxury pick. I would rather have taken the f*cking  TE there. sh*t, I'd rather have had O'Cyrus tbh

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

What does that even mean?  JD's job is not to prevent division opponents from drafting players that might help them.  His job is to make the Jets better.  How does JD picking at 15 prevent the Bills from drafting a player at 25?  Are you saying the Jets should have drafted Kincaid?  You were saying at the time the Jets picked that Levis was the pick.  You really think the Jets would pull the equivalent of drafting Love 2 days after trading for  Rodgers?  And the Jets were not drafting a TE at 15.  The Jets have a young talented TE in Ruckert.  I'm not sure why you -  a Bills fan- are on a Jets forum telling Jets fans who the Jets should draft.  

Rodgers with Kincaid would be lethal. It was a huge panic pick by Douglas. Beane said when he got into the teens he was desperate to trade up. 

It's a massive massive home run pick for buffalo and Allen 

5 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Don't forget about mims. We honestly have no clue how good he is. With Rodgers he could explode. The QB play was that bad. Don't count out mims

Mims I think is getting moved the next couple days, odd man out.

He was the guy I wanted here a few years ago on draft day. Rodgers got his guy Lazard. He wanted GB to trade for Davis last year and Wilson is Wilson. Mims is the odd man out. I would love to see him get a chance in the system and with Rodgers. I'm just not thinking he survives the weekend