Jets sign OT Billy Turner

This is what Aaron Rodgers wanted in Green Bay, input into personal.  I’m fine with it.  I mean it’s his ass on the line. If he likes how this guy protect s him it’s hard to argue. 

The most important thing in our investment in our Rogers, is protecting him. This OL is deep AF with serviceable talent and if the top 5 all hit their potential it’s an elite unit.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Brown, Becton, Mitchell, Turner, Warren seem like the 5 competing for 4 spots. 

Obviously injuries happen but ideally if all are ready to go:

Brown/Laken/Tippmann/AVT/Becton as starters

Mitchell/Turner/Schweitzer/CMG/Warren as competition/backups or injury replacements.

A lot of flexibility with guys who can play multiple positions. I would much rather have too many offensive lineman, than not enough, especially with a lot of injury prone guys. I like it!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Turner isn't great, but he's serviceable. Rodgers has played with him and has spoken highly of Turner in the past, and Hackett knows him well.

If our OC and future HOF QB are comfortable with Turner being in there, then so am I. This is all about protecting our QB, and he is obviously on board with the Turner signing.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

curious.  if the steelers didn't jump us in the draft and we drafted broderick jones, could HE be counted on to start day 1?

There was no promise of Jones beating out Brown or Becton.  So he could've been an "unused" asset in 2023

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, PS17 said:

We’re gonna have an elite backup o-line.

This is funny until its not. 

And what I mean by that is our O-line has been notorious for sitting in the medical tent and being relegated to IR instead of being on the football field. 

We NEED an elite backup O-line. lmfao. 

bruce lee GIF

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, KRL said:

There was no promise of Jones beating out Brown or Becton.  So he could've been an "unused" asset in 2023

A. Why would you want to start a rookie (regardless of where he was selected) if he could not beat out Brown or Becton. Like, those are not Pro Bowlers. It obviously means he is not ready. 

B. If Jones DID beat out one of Brown or Becton for the LT spot, there was a good chance that Becton would move to the right side and the Jets release Brown, clearing like 10mil in cap (post June 1st). 

15 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

So by my count we have 

LT only: Duane Brown

LT/RT: Mekhi Becton, Cedric Ogbuehi, Max Mitchell, Warren Carter, Billy Turner, Alijah Vera-Tucker

RT only: 

One of these things is not like the others

There's the first of many to switch Carter Warren's first and last name! :opps:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

So by my count we have 

LT only: Duane Brown

LT/RT: Mekhi Becton, Cedric Ogbuehi, Max Mitchell, Warren Carter, Billy Turner, Alijah Vera-Tucker

RT only: 

One of these things is not like the others

We must have like 12 offensive linemen right now?  We probably will keep only 10.  It will be interesting who gets cut. 

On 5/1/2023 at 8:59 PM, SickJetFan said:

Coaches like to bring “their” guys to help teach scheme etc.. I think this is Hackett doing not AR

“Everything’s being pinned on the quarterback — it’s not just him,” Saleh said. “Hackett has something to say about it. He loves Lazard, loves Randall, took Billy Turner with him to Denver and wanted him here in [New York]. So, of course you’re going to surround a coach with people who he feels will be able to plant the flag.

• Upvote 1