Jets sign OT Billy Turner

2 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

So by my count we have 

LT only: Duane Brown

LT/RT: Mekhi Becton, Cedric Ogbuehi, Max Mitchell, Warren Carter, Billy Turner, Alijah Vera-Tucker

RT only: 

One of these things is not like the others

Carter has only played LT in his career.. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Carter has only ever played LT in his career.. 

True, but that doesn't mean the Jets have him penciled there.  Duane Brown could potentially play RT but being one foot out of the league and having played his entire NFL career at LT makes it unlikely for him to move to the right side.  Hence the illustration above. 

https://www.si.com/college/pittsburgh/football/pitt-panthers-expect-carter-warren-switch-positions-jets

Nice

There’s your 2023 swing tackle who literally offers versatility along the entire OL.

Him being a cheap, close friend to Rodgers is an added plus.

I may have some issues with JD here and there, but I’ll be goddamned if he doesn’t know how to do business.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

How many tackles can we play at once? Brown at lt and Becton at rt. And if you have 0 faith in Becton you still have max Mitchell who I thought played well as a rookie. 

This. Teams only carry 8 or 9 o-linemen on their 53 man roster. We have at least 6 OTs right now and 16 (or so) o-linemen under contract.  Something doesn't make sense.

34 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

LT only: Duane Brown

LT/RT: Mekhi Becton, Cedric Ogbuehi, Max Mitchell, Warren Carter

LG only: Laken Tomlinson

G/T: Billy Turner, Alijah Vera-Tucker 

C/G: Joe Tippmann, Connor McGovern, Wes Schweitzer, Trystan Colon 

Edited. Billy Turner can also play G, so he’ll likely be competing with a number of the interior OL for that final OL spot

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

This. Teams only carry 8 or 9 o-linemen on their 53 man roster. We have at least 6 OTs right now and 16 (or so) o-linemen under contract.  Something doesn't make sense.

I think the roster is at 90 now. It will work itself out with injuries and competition 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

How many tackles can we play at once? Brown at lt and Becton at rt. And if you have 0 faith in Becton you still have max Mitchell who I thought played well as a rookie. 

Mitchell is not a starting T (at least not yet).  He played okay for a rookie but wasn't good.  

Counting on Becton would be irresponsible.  

They need another starter.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Load 'em up and weed 'em out.. Gonna be some competition for sure

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1