Rumor: Corey Davis/CJ Mosley could be restructured, traded or cut.

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

4 pages on an unsourced "rumor" from a new poster who seems to have hit and run 🤔

I’m right here. I posted late last night. Not on here 24/7. I actually work, if that’s what you want to call it. 😂

38 minutes ago, Larz said:

You won’t last another day if you can’t take the heat. 

You posted someone reached out to you from the jets with information that the two players with the biggest cap savings  post June 1 might get restructured, might get traded , might get cut.   Lol. You looked at OTC and just threw it out to see if it sticks. Then you frame it as a rumor so if it doesn’t happen you have cover. 

if you hear anything about Q’s negotiations be sure to let us know 😂

Someone else who doesn’t read. Gotcha 👍 

21 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

This is untrue. Contracts can be restructured as many times as both parties agree on the restructure. Typically, what cannot happen more than once in a year, pending the language of the specific contract, is a team converting clauses and years, into one time bonuses, which is not required to be agreed upon by both parties. Just the team. I know a little bit about this, if you have any questions. 

I'm pretty sure there was a timing issue with the Rodgers contract, maybe that was exclusive to his deal? 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

thanks, I was not asking you to reveal sources, just asking if you actually had them or were repeating something from some other source.

I don't know how anyone would actually know you yet, but I don't know sh*t about fuk.

There are some other former players and former execs and some of my friends and a family member, who actually know me here and post here. I think I shared that when I joined. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Someone who at worst is capable of doing a semi decent job, and isn't paid like an all pro for doing a half decent job as we currently have at the MLB position. The unknown isn't a reason to not move forward.

So cut a 2nd team all pro player for basically a guy off the street? I can’t wrap my around why anyone would want to do this.

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm pretty sure there was a timing issue with the Rodgers contract, maybe that was exclusive to his deal? 

24 hours, NFLPA requires a team to have a contract for 24 hours before they are dealt.

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Right. So Rodgers contract is actually one of a kind. He had many stipulations in his contract, that doesn’t show in a typical contract. His contract remains a very difficult one to restructure. Mainly due to the amount of money, as we all know now. Every contract stands on its own, as long as it meets NFL and NFLPA requirements. 

But in general, contracts can be restructured as many times as both parties agree. 

8 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

Someone else who doesn’t read. Gotcha 👍 

Bruh. You don’t know the difference between acquitted and convicted.  Start a thread when you hear Q wants more than JD is willing to pay.  We need these things explained to us by experts 

• WTF? 1

19 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Just read the post or don’t read it, believe the poster or don’t believe him, but I don’t know why it is necessary to trash the guy.

I’m good with people questioning me and the post. I have an issue with those that don’t even read the post and make silly accusations. Either way, appreciate the support. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

Bruh. You don’t know the difference between acquitted and convicted.  Start a thread when you hear Q wants more than JD is willing to pay.  We need these things explained to us by experts 

Read my post from that thread again. You misread what I said. I explained that a few times. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

CJ Mosley and the Jets can't restructure until September. You can only restructure someone once every 365 days.

6 hours ago, Skeptable said:

This can't be true, for the simple fact that they are restructuring Rodgers for the second time in a season, within months.

Exactly what I was thinking.  I think there might be some kind of rule about restructuring to raise a player salary can only be done once a year.  I don't think there is anything relating to restructuring in general.

5 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I think they are giving him a new contract, not restructuring. Like the money and years will be different. In a restructure, you'd shift money around to make the cap hits different via bonuses but the value of the contract doesn't change.

That's more of a guess on my part though.

I don't think there is any way to give a guy "a new contract" when he is owed $100+M on his old one.  

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

Randall Cobb should be retired. And so should Aaron Rodgers if we're being honest. 

side note CJ Mosely is terrible. I don't know how this dude made the pro bowl. He might have value in a 3-4 but he's always been a terrible fit in Saleh's 4-3

Corey Davis has no hops 

I think any player that is more than 12 months removed from league MVP should retire immediately! 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

Read my post from that thread again. You misread what I said. I explained that a few times. 

“He didn’t get acquitted due to questionable evidence. “

If you meant he didn’t get indicted due to questionable evidence then proofread better. 

• More Ugh 1

33 minutes ago, Tooooon said:

So cut a 2nd team all pro player for basically a guy off the street? I can’t wrap my around why anyone would want to do this.

No, not cut for a guy off the street (I did not say that), but I'd take a young guy who can provide a solid percentage of what Mosley does, doesn't cost nearly as much, and could grow as a player as opposed to continuing to slow down. If they can get something of value for Mosley in a trade I'd be hard pressed not to take it if I felt I had another option at LB.

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

If you meant he didn’t get indicted due to questionable evidence then proofread better. 

Ok I am not going to go back and forth with on this. That was the first part of a statement. Not just a one line statement. I will rephrase again and then I will move on. It was meant to say “questionable evidence is not why he got acquitted. He got acquitted because of video proof.” I explained, that it was worded badly. I know what the word acquitted means. I come from a family of attorneys. Moving on. 

14 minutes ago, Larz said:

What does this have to do with the thread you're responding to? The guy claims he has some sources with the Jets. Time will prove that out to be true or false. If it's true hopefully we'll get some more good nuggets from him in the future. If not, he'll get his medicine in due time.

No need to ride his ass over some dumb crap like this.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

What does this have to do with the thread you're responding to? The guy claims he has some sources with the Jets. Time will prove that out to be true or false. If it's true hopefully we'll get some more good nuggets from him in the future. If not, he'll get his medicine in due time.

You’re right. We need someone to mansplain that the only 2 players with contracts that give the jets cap space might actually be used to give the jets cap space. I hope I didn’t offend anyone   My bad. 

• WTF? 1

41 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

I’m good with people questioning me and the post. I have an issue with those that don’t even read the post and make silly accusations. Either way, appreciate the support. 

As a former player, you know that the loudest boos always come from the cheapest seats.  And always from the same crew. Same is true on this site. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Did you take the 3 1/2 minutes of your precious time, to actually read the post, or is the heading, all you had time for? Just curious. Oh wait, everyone knows your answer, so don't bother. Posting something everyone is possibly aware of, but are not SURE of, is a complete waste of time and not appropriate for your message board.

I look forward to your next post. I will be sure not to read it.

Wow - it took a little while but you have arrived. You are now officially a member of JetNation forum. Congratulations on the road to being miserable 😁

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

As a former player, you know that the loudest boos always come from the cheapest seats.  And always from the same crew. Same is true on this site. 

Haha point taken. I can take it and have already ignored the ones that are relentless. Not worth my time or aggravation. 

1 hour ago, Jdeet said:

This is untrue. Contracts can be restructured as many times as both parties agree on the restructure. Typically, what cannot happen more than once in a year, pending the language of the specific contract, is a team converting clauses and years, into one time bonuses, which is not required to be agreed upon by both parties. Just the team. I know a little bit about this, if you have any questions. 

i have a question that you might be able to answer.

my understanding is that Rodgers is getting 55MM in each of the next two years guaranteed. (they have moved it around but the total is 110MM).

He has the following 2 years of a dummy years - total is around 15-20MM each year.  most assume he's not playing for that amount.

is it allowed that he pushes some of the 110MM into the 2025/2026 year?  and say it's $20MM in 2025 - guaranteed.   so $90MM over the next two years and $20MM guaranteed in 2025 (plus $15MM more from the original dummy year).   what happens if he retires at that point?  does he lose the $20MM guarantee?  will the union allow him to do this?

8 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

i have a question that you might be able to answer.

my understanding is that Rodgers is getting 55MM in each of the next two years guaranteed. (they have moved it around but the total is 110MM).

He has the following 2 years of a dummy years - total is around 15-20MM each year.  most assume he's not playing for that amount.

is it allowed that he pushes some of the 110MM into the 2025/2026 year?  and say it's $20MM in 2025 - guaranteed.   so $90MM over the next two years and $20MM guaranteed in 2025 (plus $15MM more from the original dummy year).   what happens if he retires at that point?  does he lose the $20MM guarantee?  will the union allow him to do this?

His contract was crazy when he signed it. Was restructured, to initiate the trade and now needs to be restructured again. He can do anything he wants and needs to do to help the Jets and be assured more guaranteed money. Or he can tone it back and give the Jets more relief in order for them to bring in more players. Either this year or next year. And he can defer to 2025 as well. It’s not a union issue with Aaron. His contract was music to their ears. Toning it back to help other players get paid is something they will always be ok with. No one will be walking away shorted. Especially not Aaron. Hopefully he makes it easier for the Jets to make more moves. I think there will be a lot of player movement after 6/1, more this year than in previous years.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Gotcha. I will be sure and wait 15 years to share any more rumors I might hear, so it’s more reliable for you. 

1 hour ago, Jdeet said:

Obviously I am not going to say exactly where i got this from, but for those who know me here, I am not one that is going to just post something for fun. It’s a real source within teams involved. You can choose not to believe me. I thought guys here would want to know and I get people being skeptical of me and my newness to this forum. But those who actually know me, know that I am not full of sh*t. 

Manish confirmed. Welcome to the forum I guess. New screename. 

So let me recap,

You have been here 1 week, claim to be in the "know" on potential cuts that have been widely speculated in various Jets articles for at minimum several months, claim it may or may not happen, so when it does or doesnt, you can either say "see? told you", or "what? I said it was a rumor". Then get offended that you're getting called out. 

Am I getting this right? 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Did you take the 3 1/2 minutes of your precious time, to actually read the post, or is the heading, all you had time for? Just curious. Oh wait, everyone knows your answer, so don't bother. Posting something everyone is possibly aware of, but are not SURE of, is a complete waste of time and not appropriate for your message board.

I look forward to your next post. I will be sure not to read it.

This.

• Upvote 1

On 5/25/2023 at 4:48 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Dude, riding ass is what we do here. 

I can appreciate it if the guy has sources.  If he is a former player, I can appreciate the viewpoint even if he doesn't have sources.  I mean as long as it wasn't single-A short-season baseball. 

We literally have been discussing using Davis and Mosley to cut salary for 2023 on Jetnation since at least March of 2022.  Probably earlier.  You can add Lawson and Whitehead to that conversation as well.  We were obviously correct about Lawson.  While this may be a rumor with a legit source, that doesn't make it new around here.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Manish confirmed. Welcome to the forum I guess. New screename. 

So let me recap,

You have been here 1 week, claim to be in the "know" on potential cuts that have been widely speculated in various Jets articles for at minimum several months, claim it may or may not happen, so when it does or doesnt, you can either say "see? told you", or "what? I said it was a rumor". Then get offended that you're getting called out. 

Am I getting this right? 

You are absolutely right. I don’t know what I was thinking posting this.  Forgive me. I am just a new guy. Having been here for a second. I should know better. 

• Upvote 1