Jimmy Garoppolo can’t pass a physical

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah, he's a lifelong Jets fan so he's entitled to his pessimism and general take that anything that can go wrong will go wrong, and any decision made was probably the wrong one. I can understand that; history is on his side, even if he's rooting for the opposite of our typical crappy outcomes. He's got a lot of company, tbh.

Nah it was just typical media I'm mad at you for not taking an experimental jab anger.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

No the Raiders season will come down to their defense .   The Raiders will score on any defense , and that includes the Jets( everyone stays healthy this is easy top five offense) .   I don’t care whose behind center at Qb, No way I can tell you how this young defense going to do.      Most of the young players this is their second year in Patrick Graham defense .( should be a lot better than learning a new defense last year.    Have to see this defense perform before you can make any claim.  ( counting on a lot rookies and second year players ) This defense just has to be average and they are going to win a lot of games .  

Props for keeping with the schtick for so long. Most people would have found other things in life over that span. Truly impressive stamina and dedication to your craft. I feel like you've earned some sort of award at this point.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, bitonti said:
Lets see how the season goes shall we?
I also didn't want to give up a first Rd pick and 100 million for a dude who's basically retired 

Stop with the retired bullsh*t. He's at OTA's FFS. Just admit Jimmy G would have been a disaster and that's the guy you were pining for.

these two players actually play heads up this year in Vegas - it's not hypothetical

we don't have to admit anything let's see how that game goes

if it was up to me, i would have traded zach, yes signed a disposable QB like Jimmy and draft another one next year, perhaps with the 1st rd pick

is Jimmy G as good as Aaron Rodgers right now? No probably not but he's similar enough and half the price and no 1st/3rd round picks  

remember Saleh's first slogan? NO SHORTCUTS

the Jets just didn't want to take their medicine on this one

for the golfers out there the Zach pick was like hitting a terrible tee shot into the woods and then you find the ball and think, I can still make it to the green in 2 i just have to get up and over this forest. That's the Arod trade, going tin cup. 

Smarter to take your medicine and get back on the fairway 

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

these two players actually play heads up this year in Vegas - it's not hypothetical
we don't have to admit anything let's see how that game goes
if it was up to me, i would have traded zach, yes signed a disposable QB like Jimmy and draft another one next year, perhaps with the 1st rd pick
is Jimmy G as good as Aaron Rodgers right now? No probably not but he's similar enough and half the price and no 1st/3rd round picks  
remember Saleh's first slogan? NO SHORTCUTS
the Jets just didn't want to take their medicine on this one
for the golfers out there the Zach pick was like hitting a terrible tee shot into the woods and then you find the ball and think, I can still make it to the green in 2 i just have to get up and over this forest. That's the Arod trade, going tin cup. 
Smarter to take your medicine and get back on the fairway 

Why don't you start with admitting Rodgers isn't retired, almost retired, semi retired or any sort of retired. And save your Bill Parcells quote.

Lastly, football is a team game. You are find of saying Zach beat Rodgers but I'll never see you write that Zach beat Josh Allen.
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, bitonti said:

I also didn't want to give up a first Rd pick and 100 million for a dude who's basically retired 

We don't need to see because according to you Rodgers is "always" injured.  Why look?

And the term "basically" retired means he is not retired.  Nice try.  He'll be here 2 years most likely.  Win now. GFaroppolo is an injury prone mediocre QB when he's good. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Biggs said:

The QB doesn't matter at all in the NFL.  Interesting perspective.  I'm looking forward to more of your football insight during the season.  

Of the course the Qb matter .   The chiefs and every top team prove it every year.    I was talking Mcdaniels offense system he wants a guy who’s going to run it the way he wants run.  He wants a guy who can make the passes that his offense calls for the Qb to make( accuracy and throwing guys open are keys) .   That Qb who might not be as successful in another system , but can be highly successful in his system . ( see Mac Jones who’s garbage) .   Jimmy G played in this system at a high level ( reason he got big contact from 49ers) might not be appealing to a lot teams( no where as good as a lot of top Qbs)  but fits this system to a tee. 

With the talent the Raiders have on offense , even having a substandard / lesser Qb   They can match any team point for point on offense.   Raiders are going to move the football , it comes down to be more effective in the redzone , than settling for field goals. 

• WTF? 1

4 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

I was talking Mcdaniels offense system he wants a guy who’s going to run it the way he wants run.  He wants a guy who can make the passes that his offense calls for the Qb to make

What you’re actually describing here is a coach who’s likely to fail. Oh wait, he already has! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2023 at 2:18 AM, slats said:

Apparently, Jimmy G has been paid no money yet from the Raiders. What was originally listed as an $11M signing bonus and $11M salary has been converted completely into salary; a salary he won’t receive until he can pass said physical. 

I know there are folks here who preferred him to Rodgers due to cost and/or age, but the contract has been designed to protect the Raiders in case he’s unable to pass a physical in time to play. 

link to the legalese article on PFT: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/27/jimmy-garoppolos-contract-includes-waiver-over-foot-injury/

He can't throw a touch down either. Big shocker. To think some still wan this bum. He is the rex Grossman of the 49ers, the sam darnold, the baker Mayfield...the Derek carr....

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Yes tell me more of this no qb thing? Do you also not need points? Marvelous 

Okay put your money where your mouth is . The Raiders will score more points than the Jets in 2023 with inferior Qb.   That is my position , and will make my case for me. So what do you say.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Raideraholic said:

Okay put your money where your mouth is . The Raiders will score more points than the Jets in 2023 with inferior Qb.   That is my position , and will make my case for me. So what do you say.

So in other words Jets will be top 5 in scoring? 

21574AF4-95C8-4761-BEE7-721F26EDE45E.gif

The Raiders outside the Qb have everything better than the Jets have on offense.   Better running game , better Wr corps ,better Te’s , and a better offense line.        Having all that is going to supersede having the better Qb especially when you have a Qb that fits the offense system you’re running to a tee. ( why 49ers traded for him because what was able to do in that system). 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Of the course the Qb matter .   The chiefs and every top team prove it every year.    I was talking Mcdaniels offense system he wants a guy who’s going to run it the way he wants run.  He wants a guy who can make the passes that his offense calls for the Qb to make( accuracy and throwing guys open are keys) .   That Qb who might not be as successful in another system , but can be highly successful in his system . ( see Mac Jones who’s garbage) .   Jimmy G played in this system at a high level ( reason he got big contact from 49ers) might not be appealing to a lot teams( no where as good as a lot of top Qbs)  but fits this system to a tee. 

With the talent the Raiders have on offense , even having a substandard / lesser Qb   They can match any team point for point on offense.   Raiders are going to move the football , it comes down to be more effective in the redzone , than settling for field goals. 

Accuracy, throwing guys open and be able to run the system.   Mediocre QB's like Montana and Brady were okay at that. 

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

So in other words Jets will be top 5 in scoring? 

21574AF4-95C8-4761-BEE7-721F26EDE45E.gif

It’s immaterial if the Jets are top five in scoring.( not for this discussion) just their offense won’t be higher than the Raiders offense ( don’t care points or yards or any offense stat you want to go by.   This despite having a lesser Qb.     That’s all I care about  offense effectiveness . 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Raideraholic said:

It’s immaterial if the Jets are top five in scoring.( not for this discussion) just their offense won’t be higher than the Raiders offense ( don’t care points or yards or any offense stat you want to go by.   This despite having a lesser Qb.     That’s all I care about  offense effectiveness . 

Please explain this offensive effectiveness thing. I assume the best offenses score the most. 

7 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

The Raiders outside the Qb have everything better than the Jets have on offense.   Better running game , better Wr corps ,better Te’s , and a better offense line.        Having all that is going to supersede having the better Qb especially when you have a Qb that fits the offense system you’re running to a tee. ( why 49ers traded for him because what was able to do in that system). 

Keelan Cole and O.J. Howard out there scaring the beejezus out of teams

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

So Rodgers doesn’t fit Hackett’s offense to a T? 

Only offense that seems to be plug and play at  QB is San Fran’s. But that’s also in part by their defense. 

• Haha 2

On 5/29/2023 at 3:05 PM, Raideraholic said:

No the Raiders season will come down to their defense .   The Raiders will score on any defense , and that includes the Jets( everyone stays healthy this is easy top five offense) .   I don’t care whose behind center at Qb,

And there lies the biggest piece of your yearly fail.

The Raiders aren’t going to score on the Jets D with Garoppolo, never mind some backup.  
All while the Jets light up the Raider attempts at D

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

There is a sucker born every minute

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

Accuracy, throwing guys open and be able to run the system.   Mediocre QB's like Montana and Brady were okay at that. 

Let me give example Derek Carr can throw the football to parts of the field Jimmy G couldn’t dream of making.   ( one best Qb coming to offense line and seeing what the defense is in and Audible what’s going to work against that defense.    Mcdaniel doesn’t  want that-  he wants Qb to run the play that was ( he) called regardless.    

Yes Jimmy G can’t throw the deep ball or deep outs as well as Carr , but he throws to middle of the field, and the short stuff way better than Carr does.  Way better fit for Mcdaniels offense  .    There reason the 49ers traded for Jimmy G because he looked great in the Patriots/ McDaniel system.

The top Qbs you can put them in any system and they are going to be effective.  The ones who aren’t-  you have make sure the system you’re running fits what they do well.  Jimmy G can play way better than D Carr in J Mcdaniels offense.    Carr for some reason never was good screen passer . 

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, bitonti said:

The Hes basically retired line is nonsense.  
Taking a week to decide if you’re going back to a place that wants to sit you, to move on to a new team and area or just retire and picking the “I want a new challenge route” doesn’t make anyone basically retired.  
No matter how many times you repeat yourself.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Yes Jimmy G can’t throw the deep ball or deep outs as well as Carr , but he throws to middle of the field, and the short stuff way better than Carr does.  Way better fit for Mcdaniels offense  .    There reason the 49ers traded for Jimmy G because he looked great in the Patriots/ McDaniel system.

What did Jimmy G start two games as a Patriot under McDaniels?  
Name all the QBs who thrived in his system not named Brady?  

13 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Let me give example Derek Carr can throw the football to parts of the field Jimmy G couldn’t dream of making.   ( one best Qb coming to offense line and seeing what the defense is in and Audible what’s going to work against that defense.    Mcdaniel doesn’t  want that-  he wants Qb to run the play that was ( he) called regardless.    

The top Qbs you can put them in any system and they are going to be effective.  The ones who aren’t-  you have make sure the system you’re running fits what they do well.  Jimmy G can play way better than D Carr in J Mcdaniels offense.    Carr for some reason never was good screen passer . 

The Raiders last year had one of the best power backs in the league and one of the top deep ball WR and TE's in the league and you're talking about running screen passes.   

Jimmy G when healthy was always a better QB than Carr.  He's not healthy which is why the 49ers moved on.  When healthy Jimmy G won no matter what the system called for.   He's not healthy.   Carr with all his flaws is still better than fill in the blank QB the Raiders trot out this year.  The AFC west is loaded with teams that will score more points than the Raiders unless they get elite, top 10 NFL QB play.  It's highly unlikely they get it and the system isn't going to cover it up.  

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, JiF said:

Keelan Cole and O.J. Howard out there scaring the beejezus out of teams

K Cole isn’t make this roster .  ( even with h Renfrow probably traded) .   Right now Devante Adams will be number 1 Wr Jakobi Meyer is number 2 , and Hunter Renfrow is the slot receiver for now .( should be traded in a week) . That’s as good as any team beside the Bengals top three Wrs. 
Deandre Carter and Tre Tucker are exact type of player .( slot receivers).  Cam sims will get a job for special teams alone but new passing coordinator brought him over for a reason. Philip Dorsett knows the system and brings some much needed speed.   

A lot of Raiders fans are sleeping on Oj Howard think M Mayer and Austin Hooper will be top two Tes.   I disagree because Oj Howard is a very very good blocker who can do what a te must be able to do in Mcdaniels offense - attack down the scheme .( he can do that in his sleep) . I think Hopper will be the third te .   Raiders Te room probably better this year than last year unit.    No one physically talent as d Waller but he was never on the field the last two years.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

How old were you when your mother accidentally dropped you on your head?  The damage was extensive.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

K Cole isn’t make this roster .  ( even with h Renfrow probably traded) .   Right now Devante Adams will be number 1 Wr Jakobi Meyer is number 2 , and Hunter Renfrow is the slot receiver for now .( should be traded in a week) . That’s as good as any team beside the Bengals top three Wrs. 
Deandre Carter and Tre Tucker are exact type of player .( slot receivers).  Cam sims will get a job for special teams alone but new passing coordinator brought him over for a reason. Philip Dorsett knows the system and brings some much needed speed.   

A lot of Raiders fans are sleeping on Oj Howard think M Mayer and Austin Hooper will be top two Tes.   I disagree because Oj Howard is a very very good blocker who can do what a te must be able to do in Mcdaniels offense - attack down the scheme .( he can do that in his sleep) . I think Hopper will be the third te .   Raiders Te room probably better this year than last year unit.    No one physically talent as d Waller but he was never on the field the last two years.

To be honest, I was kind of just being silly.  The Raiders WR's are solid.  Obviously Adams tips the scale but I like Meyer and Renfrow, they are decent little players.  But I'm going to strongly disagree that only the Bengals are better.  I'd take all of the following WR groups over the Raiders: Dolphins, Jags, Eagles, Broncos, Ravens, 49'ers, Bills, Vikings, Rams and then I'd say these teams are about equal; Jets, Cowboys, Chargers, Seahawks, Bucs, Lions.

So yeah, good, not great about middle of the pack and would be really really really bad if not for Adams.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

We will see what happens.  I think Brady comes out of retirement to do something similar to what Jordan did when he was part owner of the Wizards.  That I’ll give you

If Brady doesn’t play next season the raiders will be tanking for Caleb along with the Bucs by October 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

The Hes basically retired line is nonsense.  
Taking a week to decide if you’re going back to a place that wants to sit you, to move on to a new team and area or just retire and picking the “I want a new challenge route” doesn’t make anyone basically retired.  
No matter how many times you repeat yourself.  

It's not just his offseason debate (every offseason)

He's also old AF

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

It's not just his offseason debate (every offseason)

He's also old AF

He’s as old AF.  That means what, he sucks?  

Leave it.  Along with your the jets aren’t one of the leagues better teams BS.  

Rodgers sucks, he cost his team because he chokes.  The Jets suck.  Everything sucks.  Youre trolling and it’s tiring

4 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

That is a losing proposition, that is what is great about your raider fans. delusional.

Raiders Love GIF by StubHub

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He’s as old AF.  That means what, he sucks?  

Leave it.  Along with your the jets aren’t one of the leagues better teams BS.  

Rodgers sucks, he cost his team because he chokes.  The Jets suck.  Everything sucks.  Youre trolling and it’s tiring

he's had 18 seasons of wear and tear 

There's only so much toothpaste left in the tube 

father time is undefeated

as for the other nonsense, it's almost like everyone forgot what team we root for 

expectations are way too high around here

they are still the New York Jets don't forget this 

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

he's had 18 seasons of wear and tear 

There's only so much toothpaste left in the tube 

father time is undefeated

as for the other nonsense, it's almost like everyone forgot what team we root for 

expectations are way too high around here

they are still the New York Jets don't forget this 

Are you going to play the Chicken Little role all summer long? Everyone knows you think Rodgers will either sht the bed, get injured or suddenly retire. Do you really have to keep repeating?  Spice it up a little.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1