Jimmy Garoppolo can’t pass a physical

38 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This is why I hate most of these media hacks and this is the perfect example why you should NEVER agree with these 🤡’s..

exhibit A:

F U Rich Eisen !!

kick in nuts GIF

Eisens pivot from 3 months of Aaron Rodgers slander to fanboy has made me hate him....like a lot of these guys they have become insufferable over the past 3 years or so.

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, undertow said:

Eisens pivot from 3 months of Aaron Rodgers slander to fanboy has made me hate him....like a lot of these guys they have become insufferable over the past 3 years or so.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

God I agree and love you so much, thought I was the only one who noticed 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, slats said:

Apparently, Jimmy G has been paid no money yet from the Raiders. What was originally listed as an $11M signing bonus and $11M salary has been converted completely into salary; a salary he won’t receive until he can pass said physical. 

I know there are folks here who preferred him to Rodgers due to cost and/or age, but the contract has been designed to protect the Raiders in case he’s unable to pass a physical in time to play. 

link to the legalese article on PFT: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/27/jimmy-garoppolos-contract-includes-waiver-over-foot-injury/

@bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti 

@bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti 

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, neckdemon said:

jimmy g's injury history and the likelihood of him being injured again this year were the main reasons why those of us who didn't want him.....didn't want him. he is a slightly above average qb when healthy who can't stay healthy. he would have been a disaster here. thank god we stayed away

@bitonti wanted Garoppolo over Rodgers.  One of his main reasons: "Rodgers is always hurt." But of course, injury history and injury proneness with respect to Garoppolo was not relevant to his pitifully weak argument.  Well here you go. Garoppolo would have been be a disaster for the Jets. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, freestater said:

Can't wait to hear Raider90210 tell us all how this is actually a good thing and makes the raiduhs even better.

First off this is old news .  Jimmy G was suppose to meet the Media in Vegas when he first was going to sign .( way back when free agency was just starting)   The beat writers couldn’t figure out the delay -  the 49ers medical staff told him it would heal by itself.  The Raiders medical staff while giving him the physical in March saw that the foot needed surgery.   The Raiders knew he was going to be out when they signed him .  They protected themselve if he has a setback.  ( way out of contract) 

This is no big deal if Jimmy G is ready by second week of training camp, it becomes a problem if it’s any longer than that . ( probably better be if they rescind that contract .  Why yes he knows the offense , but he still needs to get familiar with the skill position players.  

I go with Aiden O’Connell ( can thrive in this offense ) Mac Jones( what Mcdaniels offense could do for this bum ,  and J Stidham ( garbage threw all over the vaunted 49ers defense as shows how much talent the Raiders have on offense . 
There always a chance Brady comes out as plays for them too.     Again it all comes down to Jimmy G being ready by week two of training camp. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, undertow said:

Eisens pivot from 3 months of Aaron Rodgers slander to fanboy has made me hate him.

Gonna be alot of Jets Fans for you to hate as well, since no small amount of them also made a similar change of opinion after the deal happened.

Start with every guy here at JN who didn't want Rodgers, or didn't want to give up a #1 for Rodgers, or give up as much as we did for Rodgers, and/or wanted someone else.

Enjoy all the hate, I guess.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Pretty safe to guess that Garoppolo’s agent didn’t give that to Schefter, so it was probably the Raiders themselves, which, yikes. 

If Jimmy G thinking  he wouldn’t be ready to play by training camp( second week) do you think he signs that deal.      Of course not,   He has everything to lose if he’s not ready.     The Raiders knew from day one ( why Jimmy G waited another day to announce  his signing ( he had to agree to Raiders demands before they would sign him).   Only way this came out when the media was allowed at Ota’s and they saw Jimmy G wasn’t out there.      That’s when reporter probably looked at his contract he signed . 

13 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

New part owner Tom Brady won’t let Jimmy G play a single snap for Vegas

Minority owner have no say what the organization does .   Still Tom Brady was the Raiders first option so in that sense he could have more a say than any part owner.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh great here’s Raideraholic to explain how all of this is actually good 

No this is non news till Jimmy G not back by second week of training camp.   Until then it’s just smart of the Raiders to protect themself if for some reason he’s not back.   Welcome back Tom Brady - he needs a nineth ring. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I think the foot is not shocking but o mean it seems so far fetched for him to remotely stay healthy 

Jimmy g sneezes he can probably break a couple of ribs.    No one expects him to stay healthy all year.  I have better chance being right on one my predictions , than Jimmy  staying healthy.   Next man up .

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Jimmy g sneezes he can probably break a couple of ribs.    No one expects him to stay healthy all year.  I have better chance being right on one my predictions , than Jimmy  staying healthy.   Next man up .

And that next man up is....

*** Checks Notes ***

Brian Hoyer.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, undertow said:

I mean, the end of that video is Eisen going "if they get Aaron Rodgers then clearly I'm a fan, I'm on board, I'm holding on for dear life". His concern with Rodgers was the cost of acquisition and what do you do when he retires, not the player.

What exactly do you expect him to do, spend the next 6 months whining that Douglas didn't agree with his preferred approach to the QB position? (Well, yeah, now that I type that out I can see why message board posters who are doing that might expect just that)

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

No this is non news till Jimmy G not back by second week of training camp.   Until then it’s just smart of the Raiders to protect themself if for some reason he’s not back.   Welcome back Tom Brady - he needs a nineth ring. 

It’s not news until your presumed starting QB has missed a week of training camp? I would think that would be pretty concerning. Here, it would be a 112 page thread. Banking on Tom Brady as a backup plan seems fairly foolhardy, too. What’s George Blanda up to? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, slats said:

It’s not news until your presumed starting QB has missed a week of training camp? I would think that would be pretty concerning. Here, it would be a 112 page thread. Banking on Tom Brady as a backup plan seems fairly foolhardy, too. What’s George Blanda up to? 

Yes because they’re plenty of time to get ready for the season by then.  You think Jimmy G signs that contract if he doesn’t expect to be back by training camp. He has everything to lose.   By some chance he never ready , it’s next man up.     Aiden O’Connell has the chance to be the B Purdy this year.    He’s extremely accurate passer  , has all the tools on offense around him to be successful ( Raiders were 11 offense that’s with Waller and Renfrow missing most of the season .     With Jimmy G injury history you have to expect AOC ( smart one), to have play at some point this season anyway.    Next man up .

Zach Wilson could be behind center for the Raiders and look like an NFL Qb .   That’s how’s loaded on offense the raiders are . They have best one two punch kickers in the NFL.   Their season will come down to the defenses .    Counting on a lot young guys and it’s impossible to say how they will do.   Tyrell Wilson won’t be back by start if training camp recovering from foot surgery ( that’s more concerning than Jimmy G situation - every rep he misses hurts.

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Yes because they’re plenty of time to get ready for the season by then.  You think Jimmy G signs that contract if he doesn’t expect to be back by training camp. He has everything to lose.   By some chance he never ready , it’s next man up.     Aiden O’Connell has the chance to be the B Purdy this year.    He’s extremely accurate passer  , has all the tools on offense around him to be successful ( Raiders were 11 offense that’s with Waller and Renfrow missing most of the season .     With Jimmy G injury history you have to expect AOC ( smart one), to have play at some point this season anyway.    Next man up .

Your optimism is fun. I think Jimmy G signed that contract primarily because he didn’t have any better offers than potentially nothing.