Bills sign Leonard Floyd

3 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Let me get this straight.

The Bills, who we beat once and almost beat twice with revolving QBs , are a serious SB contender bc they signed an edge rusher.   Meanwhile their best WR seems pissed at the team and Allen and their remaining WR core is weak.

The Jets who traded for a top shelf QB, signed 3 WRs and drafted an explosive RB to add to their stable of young talent, are not?    Our defense was top 4 last year and lost nothing significant and our offense is substantially improved and healthy to start the season.  

Are you really a Jet fan, or do you just come here to troll?

Stop making sense

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Here's the difference here.  They have a top 3 NFL QB.  The Jets do not.   If the Jets had Aaron Rodgers from even 3 years ago I would tell you G. Wilson alone is fine.  But Rodgers isn't that guy anymore.  They need to compensate for that - they did not.

Stop with PFF Rankings.  The Jets have one starting caliber OT and he's 38 years old, coming off a bad shoulder injury and still not ready to play.

I think the major difference between me and most is I see a soon to be 40 year old QB coming off, by far, his worst year as a pro - and have real concerns that that age was a major factor - and once that happens players typically don't get better.  

The rest of y'all believe it was a sore thumb or he would have been a MVP candidate again.  No confirmation bias here - just basic logic from the decades I've been watching sports.  When guys see massive declines in production when they get older, it usually doesn't get better.

You guys refuse to even acknowledge the possibility of age being a serious concern.

And you keep ignoring the fact that even his season last year which wasn't MVP worthy would still rank as one of the best seasons a Jet QB has had in the last 50 years, and he did it with an injured finder and a not so great supporting cast. The difference between an offense executed by AR and ZW is night and day. 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Here's the difference here.  They have a top 3 NFL QB.  The Jets do not.   If the Jets had Aaron Rodgers from even 3 years ago I would tell you G. Wilson alone is fine.  But Rodgers isn't that guy anymore.  They need to compensate for that - they did not.

Stop with PFF Rankings.  The Jets have one starting caliber OT and he's 38 years old, coming off a bad shoulder injury and still not ready to play.

I think the major difference between me and most is I see a soon to be 40 year old QB coming off, by far, his worst year as a pro - and have real concerns that that age was a major factor - and once that happens players typically don't get better.  

The rest of y'all believe it was a sore thumb or he would have been a MVP candidate again.  No confirmation bias here - just basic logic from the decades I've been watching sports.  When guys see massive declines in production when they get older, it usually doesn't get better.

You guys refuse to even acknowledge the possibility of age being a serious concern.

nobody is expecting an MVP type season from AR.  but top 10 and we are definitely in the hunt given our defense (breece and avt back and healthy is also required)

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We drafted WM IV and Izzy Ibanikanda to fill 2 spots that had very good equivalents in FA (Leonard Floyd and Dalvin Cook).  Obviously having these guys on rookie contracts makes a big difference though.

No it doesn't.  Because, by definition, anything the Bills do is smart and anything Joe Douglas does is dumb and desperate.  You know how it is...

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Lost in all this is that Buffalo was sitting back, keeping their powder dry for too long, figuring and edge - like WMD, if not exactly WMD - would slip to them (or slip within cheaper striking distance). When he didn't, they were too worried about missing out on their 2nd choice and gave up a 4th to move up for a ****ing 2nd TE after giving Knox a $13MM/year extension 6 months earlier.

A team with a 26 year-old probowl TE locked in for the next four seasons - effectively guaranteed for the next two through 2024 - choosing to use their 1st and a 4th to draft a 2nd TE, when they knew they'd consider themselves lucky to get Von Miller back for even a couple late games this season.

That's a team focused on being all-in for this season??

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Bills are a joke.  They just did this with Von Miller and it did not work  That franchise has never won anything and the severly underperformed last year.

They will underperform again this year and everyone will get fired after years end.

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

They took a step back last year.

^^^^ Bills winning the AFC East title now guaranteed.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

He tweeted that he's a LT so how can anybody believe that?

I know he did, which only adds to my feeling of trepidation about this OL.

Some here will say a good QB like Rodgers can/will make a mediocre OL look better though, and that appears to be our strategy.

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Bills are a joke.  They just did this with Von Miller and it did not work  That franchise has never won anything and the severly underperformed last year.

They will underperform again this year and everyone will get fired after years end.

I wish the Jets played as bad as the Bills have. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fixed.

not even joking. Aaron Rodgers with offensive talent around him, his favorite offensive coordinator and a chip on his shoulder is going to smoke everyone. That on top of having a top 10 defense is going to lead to a 13+ win season. He will be in the MVP conversation. There will be many tears.

this assumes he & GW stay healthy.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We use the 15th pick in the draft instead of going offense and the guy we draft every one says 'he might be like leonard floyd!'  We could have just signed floyd instead.

Oh so now that some of you are finding out for the first time that this guy was available...after the market clearly seemed to "forget" about him the last 3+ months....suddenly this guy was who we should have gotten all along?  Point me in the direction of your "sign Leonard Floyd" posts over the last 3 months or those that others were posting here, please.

He turns 31 in September and he's never played Defensive End in his entire NFL career.  He's a 3-4 OLB that the Bills will be converting to DE as Von Miller insurance.  Cool?

1 hour ago, Facts said:

wait, for real? thought I just saw him saying he was playing week 1 against us? lol

edit: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37781666/bills-von-miller-expects-return-torn-acl-week-1

It'd be unexpected. Even if he does play that early - and good for him if he can - he's unlikely to be his former self for a while (if he ever is again). 

I'll believe he doesn't start out on PUP when I see it.