'21 1st(14):  AVT, OL - OFFENSE

'21 2nd(34): Moore, WR - OFFENSE

'22 1st(4): Sauce, CB - DEFENSE

'22 1st(10): G Wilson, WR - OFFENSE

'22 1st(26): JJ, Edge - DEFENSE

'22 2nd(36): Hall, RB - OFFENSE

'23 1st(15): McDonald, Edge - DEFENSE

'23 2nd(43): Tippmann, C - OFFENSE

I said 1st rd picks. You are including 2nd rd picks. Try again. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Barton said:

I said 1st rd picks. You are including 2nd rd picks. Try again. 

It's 4 out of the last 7 that are offense. And 2 additional early 2nd round picks were also offense.  And of the 4 first round offense picks, three were in the top 11.  The only early first round pick used on a defensive players was Gardner at 4, and that appears to have been wroth it.  Your rant was ridiculously misleading. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Mad Men Not Great Bob GIF

It just doesn't make sense to me for the Jets to sign Cook.  He's a 200 carry a season player.  With Hall on the roster, Cook is a part-timer in either a running back committee backfield or is a pure 2nd team guy to take carries until Hall is fully ready.  Why pay Cook starters' money (which is what he is going to expect and likely command) to play a complimentary role?  Throw in the other downsides discussed in this thread, some of which are in the tweet above (the most concerning being age and mileage) and I'm just not seeing it from a football or business context.  I just don't see the need to pay a veteran $8-10 million to play that position and that role when young backs can and do get the job done in the NFL just as well if not better than the old guard.

3 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

It just doesn't make sense to me for the Jets to sign Cook.  He's a 200 carry a season player.  With Hall on the roster, Cook is a part-timer in either a running back committee backfield or is a pure 2nd team guy to take carries until Hall is fully ready.  Why pay Cook starters' money (which is what he is going to expect and likely command) to play a complimentary role?  Throw in the other downsides discussed in this thread, some of which are in the tweet above (the most concerning being age and mileage) and I'm just not seeing it from a football or business context.  I just don't see the need to pay a veteran $8-10 million to play that position and that role when young backs can and do get the job done in the NFL just as well if not better than the old guard.

Maybe cause our current RB1 is recovering from a major surgery? Need someone to hold down the fort the first half of season until Breece is 100%?

• Upvote 1

The team saw that our season basically ended when Hall went down last year.

Zac Wilson was amazingly winning games and we were going to make the playoffs.

The other incumbents all had their chance to shine after the injury and none of them did.  Some real regression from Carter and Knight looked good early but then faded.

I would have no issue picking up Cook, I think it's a good move.  (Of course this is the jets and often moves like this back fire but still....)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Maybe cause our current RB1 is recovering from a major surgery? Need someone to hold down the fort the first half of season until Breece is 100%?

Did you read my post?  Cook is not a "hold the fort" kind of player.  Is he better than Carter?  Yes, most likely.  Is he worth what he is going to command in the role the Jets need?  Nope. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Did you read my post?  Cook is not a "hold the fort" kind of player.  Is he better than Carter?  Yes, most likely.  Is he worth what he is going to command in the role the Jets need?  Nope. 

He had 1500 yards and 10 TDs last year. I think he’d fit in this offense just fine.

• Upvote 4
  • More Ugh 1

Just now, Jetsfan4life90 said:

1200 yards almost and 8 TDs, but yes. Not sure how some seem to be calling him washed up. For 1 season, signing him is a no-brainer and insurance for Breece Hall.

I counted his receiving stats as well

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The other incumbents all had their chance to shine after the injury and none of them did.  Some real regression from Carter and Knight looked good early but then faded.

I would have no issue picking up Cook, I think it's a good move.  (Of course this is the jets and often moves like this back fire but still....)

So the key to winning football now in the NFL is to have high quality pro-bowl potential back ups at all skill positions to guard against injury - in a salary cap league with 45 roster spots. Okayyyy. Show me one NFL team that has a RB depth chart that even remotely approaches Hall - Cook.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

So the key to winning football now in the NFL is to have high quality pro-bowl potential back ups at all skill positions to guard against injury - in a salary cap league with 45 roster spots. Okayyyy. Show me one NFL team that has a RB depth chart that even remotely approaches Hall - Cook.  

So your argument is don’t get him cause our RB room would be too good?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So if Rodgers goes down Dalvon Cook will be such a force in the ground game it won’t matter we have a totally inept qb

• Haha 1

Just now, Rich Thornburgh said:

So if Rodgers goes down Dalvon Cook will be such a force in the ground game it won’t matter we have a totally inept qb

If Rodgers goes down the season is over. Bridgewater or whatever other backup QB you want to sign instead of Dalvin isn’t winning a Super Bowl

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

There are tons of to back teams.  The key to winning for the jets last year was to have an impact back, he got hurt and season over.  If any of our other guys had showed anything to suggest top end the move would not be contemplated.

If there is a top level olineman or safety out there i am fine spending money there.

10 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

We wouldnt be guarding against injury. Its an actual injured player who is coming off major surgery and is likely not going to be 100% and we are trying to be a legit super bowl contender. So yes, signing a legit RB for 1 year would be money well spent. We arent competing with Michael Carter and Bam Knight. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

If Cook and Breece Hall are a great tandem then yes.  The jets were what 6-3 at one point last year?

The best way to get results with a poor to medium QB play is a great running game.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If Cook and Breece Hall are a great tandem then yes.  The jets were what 6-3 at one point last year?

The best way to get results with a poor to medium QB play is a great running game.

I have always loved Cook as a player and would have no issue signing him (I assume that would mean goodbye bam knight), but the Jets are not winning sh*t this year against their schedule without good QB play. If Rodgers goes down, the Jets would need Zach to take a major step forward to be competitive. 

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

All for adding Cook. Having 2 good RBs is always a good thing.

Cook at 11mill though… no thank you. If at max give him 7mill

If they can fit him under the cap this season for $11m then who cares honestly? 

This is an often repeated but only partially true statement. Yes, the season changed when Breece went down and he is one of my favorite players but our season was lost when AVT went down. If not for his injury we could have survived losing Breece and I'd imagine hot garbage MC wouldn't have been as ineffective as he was last year. The line died and so went our running game.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

There are tons of to back teams.  The key to winning for the jets last year was to have an impact back, he got hurt and season over.  If any of our other guys had showed anything to suggest top end the move would not be contemplated.

If there is a top level olineman or safety out there i am fine spending money there.

This is not to say Breece isn’t a talent but he was playing behind some semblance of a starting line and not 4and 5 string tackles or second and third string guards and let’s not forget that AVT went down that game too so to say when Hall went down there went the running game as there was other factors involved as well one being that 60% of the starting line was injured so although Cook would be a nice addition I don’t think RB room is an area of need 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

If they can fit him under the cap this season for $11m then who cares honestly? 

Because you can say that now. Let’s say we sigh him for 11mill and Rodgers is then ok with taking less bc we made a win now move. So seems great now. But then a good tangy FS hits the market in 2 weeks and now we can’t afford him because we gave Cook too much money. 11mill has him as a top 5 RB. I like Cook don’t get me wrong (I wanted us to draft him over Maye so bad). But he’s not too 5 RB anymore and that’s what he’d be paid.

• WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Because you can say that now. Let’s say we sigh him for 11mill and Rodgers is then ok with taking less bc we made a win now move. So seems great now. But then a good tangy FS hits the market in 2 weeks and now we can’t afford him because we gave Cook too much money. 11mill has him as a top 5 RB. I like Cook don’t get me wrong (I wanted us to draft him over Maye so bad). But he’s not too 5 RB anymore and that’s what he’d be paid.

Who cares what he gets paid, whether 5 million or 15 million. We have a ton of cap space and more to be had. We have more than enough to pay Q and AR. 

I find it hilarious when fans say “I wouldn’t pay him”. You aren’t frickin paying him !! 😂 

24 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Teddy will get “fair market value”. How can you say $5mil when you aren’t a GM? HAHA!!!!!!!

How can you walk upon the surface of the earth without floating off it? You aren’t a physicist!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Michael was 13 when Cook came out of College -- he can go stuff himself. 

Although no one was higher on Dalvin than me (i drafted him i think top #5 overall for the Jets in the mock draft that year lol - ahead of Lenny) -- it seems like an odd fit unless we're ready to shed MC and Knight... which i'm not against. 

Hall/Cook/Abanikanda is lights out. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Who cares what he gets paid, whether 5 million or 15 million. We have a ton of cap space and more to be had. We have more than enough to pay Q and AR. 

I find it hilarious when fans say “I wouldn’t pay him”. You aren’t frickin paying him !! 😂 

We don’t have a ton of cap space. It just looks like we do. Rodgers isn’t going to stay only getting paid under 2mill. He’s likely waiting until we’re done signing guys and then he’ll adjust his number accordingly. Q needs to be extended. Now we can maneuver that money if we want to have a lower cap hit in year 1. I think that’s the hold up on the extension to be honest. I think they’re waiting to extend him until they have the roster relatively set. Yes we might still move money with Davis and Mosley… but that’s not for sure. So that 20+mill you see isn’t what we will have. So to have just Cook take a half of that isn’t the best. Like I said. At around 7mill or less. I’m in.

• WTF? 1