Jets signing Dalvin Cook? 6/9 Update Cook Released

28 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Look at cooks stats.  1 great season, 1 good season and the rest mediocre seasons.  And his great season was 3 years ago.  Ypc in a steady decline the past 3 years.

Cooks reputation is much better then his play on the field.

How many seasons was he a top-10 RB?

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Look at cooks stats.  1 great season, 1 good season and the rest mediocre seasons.  And his great season was 3 years ago.  Ypc in a steady decline the past 3 years.

Cook was elite in 2019 and 2020. Great in 2021 and still good in 2022. 

33 minutes ago, Stark said:

Less than 0%.  Lol 

I offered him very generous odds of 1,000,000 to 1. My dollar against his million that Cook becomes a Jet. He should jump at that if he believes it “less than 0%.” He ignored the post. The wallet is always smarter than the mouth, or in this case, the fingers.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its hysterical watching this board over and over think we are signing these types of guys and then it never happens.  Its like a child who keeps touching a hot flame over and over and over.............................

Aaron rodgers says hello 

but you keep at it your crystal ball works sometimes 

• Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Actually my brother slept in a Holiday Inn Express. I was in a Motel 6. You believe they still use bedspreads in 2023? It’s disgusting.

Yeah I am sure your boyfriend enjoys holiday inn express with you every night. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, jgb said:

I offered him very generous odds of 1,000,000 to 1. My dollar against his million that Cook becomes a Jet. He should jump at that if he believes it “less than 0%.” He ignored the post. The wallet is always smarter than the mouth, or in this case, the fingers.

In fairness he likely put you on ignore months ago.  I know he has me on the ignore list for sure, lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In fairness he likely put you on ignore months ago.  I know he has me on the ignore list for sure, lol.

Naw, we chat a lot. He’s a good dude who can take a needling. Fid has me on ignore though 

5 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Yeah I am sure your boyfriend enjoys holiday inn express with you every night. 

56 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Nah, we just find an abandoned shed.

You’re both doing it wrong. Maine bed and breakfast is how to do it. Hold the breakfast.

Champions League Football GIF by UEFA

3 hours ago, jgb said:

You’re both doing it wrong. Maine bed and breakfast is how to do it. Hold the breakfast.

Champions League Football GIF by UEFA

Wow you must be rich. I only made $3300 last year, mostly from selling my blood. So, in terms of abandoned sheds, the price is right. Plus we all know how the rerun ends, and it’s shorter than most of my posts, too. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Wow you must be rich. I only made $3300 last year, mostly from selling my blood. So, in terms of abandoned sheds, the price is right. Plus we all know how the rerun ends, and it’s shorter than most of my posts, too. 

I made even less. I tried selling my seamen… but they only gave me half the money, because they said my ejaculate was too frothy.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

You'd have a better time if you didn't take yourself so seriously and maybe try being a comedian so your insults wouldn't fall so flat 

Hey, take it easy on Jets SpermBoy. His brother said he once spoke to someone who owns a website, you know. So you’re like in the presence of royalty or something. Show the proper respect. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/9/2023 at 6:43 PM, Greenseed4 said:

How many seasons was he a top-10 RB?

7 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think I read somewhere that, Since he came into the league he is 3rd in rushing yards…..

and he has been banged up a little bit too. 

so yea he’s been top 10 rb his whole career.

Yes.  Highly impressive career and Macc should rot in hell for drafting yet another Safety in Rd 2 over him.

But he’s no longer top 10 going forward and some in this thread have to give up on the idea that he’s worth handing top 10 RB money.  

Maybe the market will be depressed enough on him where he’ll be forced to accept less?  Saquon Barkley makes $10.1M this year as the RB9 in salary.  James Conner is RB10 and makes $7M per.  Mikes Sanders is RB11 with a $6.4M per salary.  

So let’s go with ~ $6.5M per on a 1-2 year deal being about the max I’d go.  

• Upvote 3

On 6/8/2023 at 3:47 PM, Beerfish said:

There are tons of to back teams.  The key to winning for the jets last year was to have an impact back, he got hurt and season over.  If any of our other guys had showed anything to suggest top end the move would not be contemplated.

If there is a top level olineman or safety out there i am fine spending money there.

Couldn’t have been because we lost our best OL, AVT in the same game we lost Hall?  And the backup backs played well and faded maybe because we lost 3 of the 5 OL after AVT was lost?   

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes.  Highly impressive career and Macc should rot in hell for drafting yet another Safety in Rd 2 over him.

But he’s no longer top 10 going forward and some in this thread have to give up on the idea that he’s worth handing top 10 RB money.  

Maybe the market will be depressed enough on him where he’ll be forced to accept less?  Saquon Barkley makes $10.1M this year as the RB9 in salary.  James Conner is RB10 and makes $7M per.  Mikes Sanders is RB11 with a $6.4M per salary.  

So let’s go with ~ $6.5M per on a 1-2 year deal being about the max I’d go.  

If the Fish are really all in on signing Cook I doubt he’s going to sign a 1 or 2 year deal.

On 6/9/2023 at 6:15 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Funny how the great dalvin cook and the great deandre hopkins cant find teams to play for.  Jet fans………

• More Ugh 1

33 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Funny how the great dalvin cook and the great deandre hopkins cant find teams to play for.  Jet fans………

Cool just got cut. He’s never been a FA. I imagine he starts setting up visits next week. And Hopkins just started visiting teams. He as well has never been a FA.

Meaning these guys have never got to pick where they want to play. So they’re going to take their time and take multiple visits.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Cool just got cut. He’s never been a FA. I imagine he starts setting up visits next week. And Hopkins just started visiting teams. He as well has never been a FA.

Meaning these guys have never got to pick where they want to play. So they’re going to take their time and take multiple visits.

And they also have time to see if a team suffers a major injury.

Cook (or similarly Hunt) are easily 1 injury from being thrust into an RB1 job on a good team.  Ditto Hopkins as a WR1.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

GM/Head Coach/Franchise Qb Aaron Rodgers working the phones and setting up visits with Cook and Hopkins!

Working Fred Willard GIF

Joe Douglas & Robert Saleh watching & learning.

Learning Learn GIF by Gogglebox Australia

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m sure there’s some truth to that. The flip-side is that no one’s blowing them away with an offer, either. 

• Upvote 1