We are not alone

10 hours ago, Bronx said:

The surveillance video went out for a few minutes so there's no video of the "creatures" but there is a circle!  And the guy shot his own video of the creatures but we don't now if he's going to release it?  Sounds pretty hokey to me.  

• Upvote 2

Would you book a trip to Africa, pack, set up whatever you need to set up at work and home so it’s taken care of when you’re gone… all to fly there to squash an ant?

It would take such an unfathomable amount of energy to travel between stars that any civilization that could do it would need or want nothing from us. If they are here, it’s from curiosity alone and we have nothing to fear. They’d have to come a long way, also, as we know with certainty that there is no highly advanced civilization within 60-70 light years of us, and with virtual certainty for many, many light years beyond that.

• Upvote 1

On 6/11/2023 at 10:27 AM, jgb said:

Would you book a trip to Africa, pack, set up whatever you need to set up at work and home so it’s taken care of when you’re gone… all to fly there to squash an ant?

It would take such an unfathomable amount of energy to travel between stars that any civilization that could do it would need or want nothing from us. If they are here, it’s from curiosity alone and we have nothing to fear. They’d have to come a long way, also, as we know with certainty that there is no highly advanced civilization within 60-70 light years of us, and with virtual certainty for many, many light years beyond that.

Holy speculation bat man

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2023 at 4:27 AM, jgb said:

This is nonsense. I'd travel that far this year knowing the Jets are finally a playoff contender too.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

Imagine these aliens reactions if they met Herm or Gase?

Assuming they're real aliens.

They’d pull a galactic u-turn and continue their search for intelligent life 

• Haha 2

On 6/16/2023 at 1:51 PM, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

Imagine these aliens reactions if they met Herm or Gase?

Assuming they're real aliens.

On 6/16/2023 at 1:53 PM, jgb said:

They’d pull a galactic u-turn and continue their search for intelligent life 

You guys are missing the forest through the trees.

The aliens would be so upset about the current NY Jets backup QB situation it would take them years to start reviewing previous years.

On 6/14/2023 at 12:54 PM, HighPitch said:

Earth is like a grain of sand to the mobi desert. To think intelligent life only exists on this planet is silly. 

To think Earth makes the top 100 destinations in the galaxy is silly.   

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

the thing that makes me scratch my head is how come there are so many crashed in the earth UFOs that have been recovered, don't they give them driving lessons out there in outer space?

Is this a rhetorical question?

Have you seen the species of human drive?

5 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Is this a rhetorical question?

Have you seen the species of human drive?

Have I seen THIS species drive? Remember, I lived in south Florida for most of my adult life. With a mixture of rednecks in their pick-up trucks, octogenarians in their Toyotas, hip-hoppers whose cars smell like they just ran over a skunk as they pass by you with their bass shaking your windows and just regular impatient Floridians trying to get to their jobs on time to the North Carolinians here who for some reason all make the slowest right turns you have ever sat behind

But we're talking about races of beings who are smart enough to go from planet to planet at speeds we can only dream up in Hollywood movies who haven't figured out how to parallel park the things 

12 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Have I seen THIS species drive? Remember, I lived in south Florida for most of my adult life. With a mixture of rednecks in their pick-up trucks, octogenarians in their Toyotas, hip-hoppers whose cars smell like they just ran over a skunk as they pass by you with their bass shaking your windows and just regular impatient Floridians trying to get to their jobs on time to the North Carolinians here who for some reason all make the slowest right turns you have ever sat behind

But we're talking about races of beings who are smart enough to go from planet to planet at speeds we can only dream up in Hollywood movies who haven't figured out how to parallel park the things 

Any spaceship capable of travelling the unfathomable distance between the stars isn’t piloted by a little green man clutching a joystick.

10 hours ago, jgb said:

Any spaceship capable of travelling the unfathomable distance between the stars isn’t piloted by a little green man clutching a joystick.

I saw one in November of 1997 Johnny and when they flew into the blocked sightline because of the big tree in the yard they flashed an image into my mind of two small bald aliens looking at each other with a "we showed THAT skeptic that he shouldn't doubt our existence"

• Haha 1