Becton outcome

Becton outcome   

66 members have voted

1. 1. After preseason, what will be Becton’s outcome

I think he loses the LT competition and asks for a trade when he realizes that his only path to starting/playing here is RT.

I also don’t think he has much of a future here given his injury history and weight discipline issues, so I think the Jets will look to get the most for him in a deal.

• Upvote 2

Dude is getting traded and it’s pretty damn obvious to anyone who isn’t desperately clinging on to hope that he recaptures his rookie form.

He’s been incredibly unreliable, his weight has fluctuated all over the place, he just dogged the sh*t out of the front office and coaching staff a couple of months ago placing the blame solely on them for his 2nd knee injury, he’s been persistent about being strictly a LT…

And then all of the sudden, after being the 3rd string LT throughout 95% of camp…

”Oh, I’m a changed man and I’m just looking for an opportunity. I’ll play whenever they want me”…

This sh*t absolutely screams from the mountain tops “I’m about to be traded, let me look as good as possible and not turn this into a sh*t stir-fry on the way out.”

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

34 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I think he loses the LT competition and asks for a trade when he realizes that his only path to starting/playing here is RT.

I also don’t think he has much of a future here given his injury history and weight discipline issues, so I think the Jets will look to get the most for him in a deal.

Bingo! Been saying this for weeks. The fact that he’s playing tomorrow says all we need to know. I don’t care that he’s missed two years. He knows he’s on the outside looking in right now as long as Brown comes back healthy. Mitchell is our RT. He’s going to eventually ask for a trade once he’s officially a back up. Hence the reason he saying all the right things right now. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Larz said:

I’m praying for Brown and Becton bookends. Those are two massive humans. I want the jets to win a championship.  I don’t need to like a player to see his value. 

Even though I have a completely different take, I pray you are right.   I would love to see him play so well that he earns the right tackle spot. 

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Dude is getting traded and it’s pretty damn obvious to anyone who isn’t desperately clinging on to hope that he recaptures his rookie form.

He’s been incredibly unreliable, his weight has fluctuated all over the place, he just dogged the sh*t out of the front office and coaching staff a couple of months ago placing the blame solely on them for his 2nd knee injury, he’s been persistent about being strictly a LT…

And then all of the sudden, after being the 3rd string LT throughout 95% of camp…

”Oh, I’m a changed man and I’m just looking for an opportunity. I’ll play whenever they want me”…

This sh*t absolutely screams from the mountain tops “I’m about to be traded, let me look as good as possible and not turn this into a sh*t stir-fry on the way out.”

Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Honestly you may have convinced me lol…

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, LockeJET said:

What will be Becton’s outcome after preseason? I say traded. 

I have no clue.  Could be any of them.  All depends on how he plays, which we have not seen. If I pick one, it would just be a wild guess.

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Honestly you may have convinced me lol…

It’s staring everyone directly in the face yet they refuse to acknowledge it.

Becton is about to be traded for a mid-round pick to some team willing to take a shot in the dark based on pure natural size and strength.

Planet-movers like this on the OL will be given chance after chance until it becomes blatantly obvious that they can’t physically function on the field anymore. Except the Jets have had an up close and personal view of what a lazy, fat bitch Becton really is and are ready to put whatever upside he still has left to sleep and get what they can.

13 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

It’s staring everyone directly in the face yet they refuse to acknowledge it.

Becton is about to be traded for a mid-round pick to some team willing to take a shot in the dark based on pure natural size and strength.

Planet-movers like this on the OL will be given chance after chance until it becomes blatantly obvious that they can’t physically function on the field anymore. Except the Jets have had an up close and personal view of what a lazy, fat bitch Becton really is and are ready to put whatever upside he still has left to sleep and get what they can.

I think his recent change in behavior is the key bit. He’s been whining and deflecting all off-season. Suddenly he’s excited to showcase his skills wherever he’s needed in the HoF game. Sure sounds like Jets told him to he on his best behavior if he wants a trade.

• Upvote 1