Jets Training Camp Updates Aug 6

Lith

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Is this true?  I know he had a great practice the other day, probably better than Rodgers on that day.

But is anyone besides you saying Wilson has outplayed Aaron Rodgers camp-to-date?

No and Zach isn’t facing QW, sauce, etc 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

33 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Is this true?  I know he had a great practice the other day, probably better than Rodgers on that day.

But is anyone besides you saying Wilson has outplayed Aaron Rodgers camp-to-date?

He has but do not interpret that as me saying he is better or should be starting over Rodgers.  Obviously, Zach is having a great camp but hes no aaron rodgers.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach Wilson has outplayed Rodgers in this camp.  Could you imagine someone telling tou that 3 weeks ago?

What an awesome sign for the jets and us fans.  Keep up the good work zach.  Jets fans will be ready for you in 2025!!!!

He's not playing against starters

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Sauce Gardner ends practice in style, as the fans go wild. Red zone rep, Aaron Rodgers looks for Corey Davis in the end zone, INT by Sauce. #Jets 

Why so special? Sauce was not covering CD. Whether it was zone or man (not too important), Sauce played it by peeling off his area and robbing AR underneath the play. AR never even considered him to be a part of the play. And, when it comes to the average CB, he wouldn’t be a threat. Not Sauce.

That was a special play this kid is the goods.

• Upvote 4

Feet were a little sloppy. But ball thrown on time with perfect accuracy.  
Kid’s learning how to be an NFL QB.  

Honestly, this kid should rejoin the Mormon church. God is watching him. He has the best shot at redemption playing under Rodgers for a few years and slowing the game down and watching from the best. Crazy. I wish for him the best. I hope, for his sake, he ain’t thrown into a game for at least one season.
  • Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 2

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

What a couple of gems we got in Sauce and Garret Wilson.  You have to be smart enough to pick them and also have a bit of luck on your side.

Houston taking Stingly and Atlanta taking drake london helped us a lot.

Also this is the best Zac Wilson has looked in a camp practice.  Can he string anything together?  Who knows but he looks much improved to me.  I think the Rodgers factor is helping him.

The Stingley pick is mystifying to me. He was drafted for what he did  like 3 years before the draft not his final season. In terms of London, obviously right now Wilson seems like the best pick and a future All Pro but London was actually quite solid.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

No.  But he’s had a good camp that seems to show improvement as he goes from the clips and snippets of info we get.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

eh.took two weeks too long to admit that.

Kwon should be a Jet.  Another concerning miss by Douglas this off-season.

I wanted Kwon back as well, but I have to think that if Saleh had wanted Kwon back, I think Kwon would be a Jet.  He believes in Sherwood and thought it was time to give him the job.  If Kwon's here, Sherwood is relegated to being a backup.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He’s so good with his eyes. One of the most impressive parts of his rookie year to me was how well he played in zone coverage and read the play in front of him, passing off and picking up assignments so fluidly. The play above is the next level to that. He’s got the skills, the athleticism, and the smarts to be an all timer.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

lol - not a great throw - underthrown causing Izzy to have to slow down and allow the defender in his face. if he hits him in stride it might be a TD

I disagree.  The S was closing on the play.  If Zach had put any more air under the ball or led him more, it could have been an interception.  Izzy should have caught that.

10 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Yeboah is going to be a very difficult cut….yes he can still make the team but right now he’s probably the odd man out

I agree.  I liked his potential coming out of college, but he hasn't done much, and I thought it was a foregone conclusion that he wouldn't make the roster, but he appears to have other ideas.  I'd love it if he forced the Jets to keep him as the #4 TE.  Kuntz hasn't shown much as far as we can tell.

10 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

disagree. safety wouldn't have gotten their either. Wasn't a bad throw but to call it great is silly when a great throw would have led the WR into a TD if catches it

I agree that it wasn't a "great" throw, but he did throw it where only Izzy could catch it. It was a totally catchable ball. We'll just have to agree to disagree, as I think the S was closing fast enough that if Wilson had put more air under the ball, the S could have made a play on the ball.

11 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

lol - not a great throw - underthrown causing Izzy to have to slow down and allow the defender in his face. if he hits him in stride it might be a TD

So you think the only passes that should be caught have to catch a receiver in full stride?  Because that’s wrong and not how it works

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Larz said:

He’s a rookie. Rodgers is more likely to want a veteran in there. Best case is everyone stays healthy and they develop continuity and chemistry 

I'd rather everyone stay healthy.  That said, the norm is to go with the veteran, but McGovern isn't a very good veteran.  If Tippman comes on strong and is playing better, Rodgers could say he wants Tippman to start.  McGovern's a better run blocker at this point, but I think Tippman is a better pass protector.

10 hours ago, Larz said:

Nothing personal skippy but I’ll defer to Hack and Rodgers on this one. There is a lot of summer left for him to win the job. Rodgers is a perfectionist and won’t have any patience with a Center that doesn’t have the mental part down. Tippmamm has to prove he has the mental part down first and that is going to take time 

What makes you so certain that McGovern has the mental part down?  He had the best season of his career last year and still gave up a ton of pressures and QB hits and something like 4-6 sacks.  McGovern simply isn't that good.  You're making him out to be much better than he is.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Think this is the most decisive that I have seen Zach be. He threw several perfect passes in the flat. Of course the only throw that got comments was the one he was slightly late on.

One thing that I absolutely love is that the splits on the offense are no longer the ludicrous "offense in a phone booth" tight splits that our last loser OC did but splits to actually utilize the width of the field.

Man our decision at TE is going to be uber tough. All of them seem to be playing super well even Yeboah.  Rodgers likes 12 so we could see it a ton this year. Maybe Uzomah gets traded? I quite like Conklin Ruckert Yeboag Kuntz as our TE room. Yeboah is already a good special teams guy and Kuntz flashed a bit Saturday.

Random thought maybe a secondary motive for bringing in Cook was just to light a fire under the RB butts. Seems to have worked. Bam seems to maybe have solidified himself as #2 at this point and Izzy might be ahead of Carter. Bawden I think makes the team does he just get the "float" special teams spot and maybe get the nod over Brownlee or did they cut someone like MC1?

I agree regarding Zach.

The decision at TE is going to be tough.  Conklin, Uzomah and Ruckert are locks.  Yeboah is going to make it very difficult for the Jets to cut him and keep Kuntz.  I know that Kuntz is very athletic, but he didn't do jack in college even with all that athleticism.  I'd hate to lose a good player like Yeboah who also plays STs to keep an athletic prospect who isn't much of a football player yet.  Uzomah is popular and a leader in the locker room, I don't think he gets traded.  At least I hope not.  

It's looking like Bawden is making the team, so that means one less WR, TE or RB.  They already were only going to be able to keep 9 OL.  If they keep Bawden, someone else has to go.  At this point, I'd say that if Bawden stays, we're going to lose one of Yeboah, Kuntz, Brownlee or maybe a CB.