1JD & Hard Knocks

On 8/22/2023 at 8:04 AM, PS17 said:

The old Hard Knocks format had gotten pretty stale. The spotlight on the ninth wide receiver on the roster trying to make the team was a snoozefest. You know how the story ends - guy gets cut in the last episode. Also, what would you rather see? All access with Aaron Rodgers, Garrett Wilson, and Quinnen Williams, or behind the scenes with Jason Brownlee, Chazz Surratt, and Tim Boyle. The former makes for a significantly better TV product, imo. 

The players getting cut scenes were compelling. Gut-wrenching and sad, but real. It does seem to take something away from the show. Drama, if nothing else. 

• More Ugh 1

Poor Zach. Give me a break. 

My post was not absolving Zach of any criticism..he was terrible and deserves every amount of criticism for playing poorly, but to have your teammates go out of their way to parade around clamoring for your backup is a little much don’t you think? Imagine you were having a hard time at your job and your boss and coworkers wearing shirts with person they would like to replace you with on them…..
  • Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I did not want the Jets on Hard Knocks.  100% opposed.

But then we would have missed this, which is possibly the greatest scene the show has ever aired.

And leave it to Michael Clemons to have the line of the show. "I would say, you're not skinny".

I'm dying from this.  Quinnen and Clemons should have their own talk show after football. 

I was dying laughing when I heard that

• Upvote 3

On 8/23/2023 at 6:07 PM, tfine said:

My post was not absolving Zach of any criticism..he was terrible and deserves every amount of criticism for playing poorly, but to have your teammates go out of their way to parade around clamoring for your backup is a little much don’t you think? Imagine you were having a hard time at your job and your boss and coworkers wearing shirts with person they would like to replace you with on them…..

I think there’s more to the story than we are privy to.

Things usually happen for a reason.

There’s a respect (or lack thereof) factor.

What I mean is I doubt it was strictly about him playing like excrement on the field.

For example, even if Rodgers were to somehow stick around for 2025 and suddenly looks as washed as ‘22 Matt Ryan, I doubt his teammates would throw him under the bus and drive back and forth over his corpse like what we saw with ZW last season.

• More Ugh 1

On 8/23/2023 at 10:59 AM, roscoeword said:

Saleh sounds forced. My point about On the  Waterfront is that they didn't need to curse to make it a compelling dialogue.. And when you do it every other sentence, it loses its effect, and yeah, it's classless

No he doesn’t.  I’d bet he’s cursed just like we’ve seen him on HKs everywhere he’s coached.  
His target audience is a room of football players.  Does he curse at the podium in front of media?  No, he holds back, as he should.  As Rex and Parcells did.  Let’s face it, he’s not getting up in front of a room full MIT graduates, they’re football players and football coaches.  That’s how some of them speak to each other and in general.  

The one who constantly blurts out F Bombs, is Ulbrich.  That man knows how to curse

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

How boring are next weeks 1JD and Hard Knocks going to be? No camp or PS games. I'm guessing just more of hype and interview stuff.

1 Jets drive is done I think. 

Hard knocks may have two episodes left, tonight and next week 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Lith said:

Its not as bad as grown men who do the same thing.  Just less screechy voices.

No, when adults do it, it's just pathetic and gross. Problem is, their kids model that behavior. 

When I met Joe, I shook his hand and told him I was happy to meet him, HE offers to take a pic with me. Granted, I was in uniform working OT at an art museum, so screaming "Hey Joe!! Hey Joe!" Would have been even more unacceptable than usual. 😆 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Good episode

-Hard to watch Tanzel Smart knowing he got cut. Such a good dude. Hope gets to the practice squad. 

-Same for Kapp. He seems like he genuinely wants it, no matter the cost. 

-Hackett is def not meant to be a HC. Way too goofy. I can see why he failed. Doesn’t mean he’s a bad OC, but to lead a whole team? Nah. 

-Gibson could be a sneaky weapon. If he can turn into a legit returner, our ST unit can be pretty dang good. 

-Love pissed off Rodgers. Also kinda like how Becton got between and shoved aside the Giants dude. 

Surprised they showed the kapp getting cut. 

essy to root for those two.  And most of the jets.  They seem like good guys.  And good teamwork

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1