Jets Panthers game day thread..... Beautiful downtown Charlotte NC

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

PSA.  

With the exception of Becton and JJ , Sherwood and maybe a couple others, it’s logical to assume that the Panthers starters will get the better of the Jets backups. Please refrain from having a meltdown when the Jets backups get beat by the Panthers starters 

1. Can anyone on the second-string units stand out against Carolina’s starters?

According to Panthers head coach Frank Reich, we will likely see most, if not all of Carolina’s starters in today’s game. Meanwhile, according to Jets head coach Robert Saleh, New York is planning to take a similar approach to last week’s Hall of Fame Game and will rest the majority of its starters once again.

The demand for tickets here is very weak. I have never seen this before. I have been offered so many free tickets it's unreal. 

16 minutes ago, Larz said:

PSA.  

With the exception of Becton and JJ , Sherwood and maybe a couple others, it’s logical to assume that the Panthers starters will get the better of the Jets backups. Please refrain from having a meltdown when the Jets backups get beat by the Panthers starters 

According to Panthers head coach Frank Reich, we will likely see most, if not all of Carolina’s starters in today’s game. Meanwhile, according to Jets head coach Robert Saleh, New York is planning to take a similar approach to last week’s Hall of Fame Game and will rest the majority of its starters once again.

This is important to remember. Entirely possible that the 2nd unit looks overwhelmed today but a great opportunity for those depth pieces to make a name for themselves in less than ideal circumstances.

Keeping a close eye on Zach, Becton, Tippmann, JJ, and McDonald

• Upvote 2

I was thinking maybe saleh would have a change of heart and play the starters a bit being that the practice was canceled.  Then I remembered we have human turnstiles billy turner and max mitchell in the stsrting lineup so it woukd be gross negligence to play rodgers today.

Excited to see Tippy dominate again today.  He needs to be playing w/ the starters on monday.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

I was thinking maybe saleh would have a change of heart and play the starters a bit being that the practice was canceled.  Then I remembered we have human turnstiles billy turner and max mitchell in the stsrting lineup so it woukd be gross negligence to play rodgers today.

Excited to see Tippy dominate again today.  He needs to be playing w/ the starters on monday.

i get being worried about injury but i don't see how its a good idea to not give the starters any preseason play time at all. i feel like its gonna end in injuries in the first game or 2 because these guys arent gonna be in real football shape. you gotta be ready to get hit full speed

• Ugh 1

57 minutes ago, Larz said:

PSA.  

OMG!!!! SEASON OVER!!!!!

BOOOOO!!!!!!

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i get being worried about injury but i don't see how its a good idea to not give the starters any preseason play time at all. i feel like its gonna end in injuries in the first game or 2 because these guys arent gonna be in real football shape. you gotta be ready to get hit full speed

I have a feeling we will see the starters for a series or 2 this preseason.  I think Saleh mentioned the giants game as a possibility.  Probably wants to wait as long as possible to get the oline figured out.

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

45 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

This is important to remember. Entirely possible that the 2nd unit looks overwhelmed today but a great opportunity for those depth pieces to make a name for themselves in less than ideal circumstances.

Don't forget Mr. Clemons.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Sounds like it is make or break day for Becton. Saleh hinted strongly that Becton will play the entire game and then see if he can practice and then play the entire game again next year. I get very excited even for preseason games. So much to watch and take note of as we build our team

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Sounds like it is make or break day for Becton. Saleh hinted strongly that Becton will play the entire game and then see if he can practice and then play the entire game again next year. I get very excited even for preseason games. So much to watch and take note of as we build our team

Really?  Saleh said Becton will play the entire game?  Did I miss this?  

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I heard NO Rodgers today.. is that confirmed????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

PSA.  

No, no. Preseason outcomes are all-important.

I could tell in '92 when they finished with a 5-0 preseason record that the Jets were going to be a major force that season, with realistic super bowl chances.

Teams don't try out new things in these games. They really show their hands as to what they're going to do when the games count.

Silly you.

• Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

This all depends. Is the field turf or grass?

1 hour ago, Larz said:

PSA.  

image.gif.fb504736277b052f81e5ebc3d9bb8407.gif

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No, no. Preseason outcomes are all-important.

I could tell in '92 when they finished with a 5-0 preseason record that the Jets were going to be a major force that season, with realistic super bowl chances.

Teams don't try out new things in these games. They really show their hands as to what they're going to do when the games count.

Silly you.

Browning Nagle Jets...lol

• Upvote 1

Will be important to see if Wilson is making any progress. 

Becton can he stay on the field? 

mcDonald? See if he can get to the qb

The safety battle? 

So many interesting pieces to preseason games I don’t get fans who don’t watch them. It’s literally building the team and decision making times 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Larz said:

PSA.  

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

The thing I want to see today is for the Jets come out and not get pushed around like they did against the Browns. Both the Panthers and Browns are two of the more physical programs in the sport, and its time for the Jets players to start ramping up the intensity. Yes, it 2’s vs 1’s, but that doesn’t mean they should lay down and let that Panthers OL drive them into the turf. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He said they were going to push him as far as he could go, iirc

That fine but not the entire game, no one should expect his knee, the knee they’ve said repeatedly that has to built up into game shape is going from a couple of series to an entire game.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Did not say it outright but hinted strongly that is what he needs to do in the game. Jake Asman did an entire show on it

Having to show he can handle starters snaps and playing the entire game are two vastly different things.  He better not be out there with 4th stringers, risking injury playing against guys he’d dominate

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That fine but not the entire game, no one should expect his knee, the knee they’ve said repeatedly that has to built up into game shape is going from a couple of series to an entire game.

Yeah, I took it as Saleh saying he wanted to see how far Becton could go before he begged out. If the plan was 20-25 snaps last week, that’s probably the minimum this week. We know Saleh says some dumb stuff as it relates to medicals, but you wonder what info he’s getting from the training staff regarding where Becton should be at this point in his recovery. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, I took it as Saleh saying he wanted to see how far Becton could go before he begged out. If the plan was 20-25 snaps last week, that’s probably the minimum this week. We know Saleh says some dumb stuff as it relates to medicals, but you wonder what info he’s getting from the training staff regarding where Becton should be at this point in his recovery. 

Where did you hear they expected 20-25 snaps a week ago?  
Seems to me the way he’s being brought along and what they’ve been saying about his knee that they’re being really cautious.  

• Upvote 1