Not Looking Good for Mims in Detroit - Update: Mims Cut

mrcoops

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Adam Gase wanted CeeDee Lamb, which would have saved us from both the Becton and Mims mistakes. 

And Tristan Wirfs would’ve been a better pick than either.

It’s pretty wild the team might be competitive even though it looks like they completely whiffed at both pick 11 in 2020 with several strong options on the board and pick 2 in a tremendous 2021 class.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Usually Jets fans get all in a tizzy that failures here will go on to great success elsewhere even though there are only ~ 5 such players in franchise history.  

Mims wasn't even worth a tizzy.  

Just like this guy: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/former-nfl-defensive-back-buster-skrine-arrested-on-multiple-fraud-charges-in-canada/

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Usually Jets fans get all in a tizzy that failures here will go on to great success elsewhere even though there are only ~ 5 such players in franchise history.  

Mims wasn't even worth a tizzy.  

Yeah, but in this case it sent them into a mizzy.

I'll see myself out.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, derp said:
And Tristan Wirfs would’ve been a better pick than either.
It’s pretty wild the team might be competitive even though it looks like they completely whiffed at both pick 11 in 2020 with several strong options on the board and pick 2 in a tremendous 2021 class.

Tristan Wirfs is morphing into Bruce Mathews here in Jet Land.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie

25 minutes ago, derp said:

Better than Becton and Lamb = Bruce Matthews?

Hard to argue Wirfs > Lamb until the former can prove he can handle LT.

He played at an elite level at RT with a HOF QB notorious for getting the ball out quick.  We need some more datapoints before making such a claim.

Better than Becton, of course, is inarguable.  Very good RT >>>> LT who apparently doesn't like football all that much.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He played at an elite level at RT with a HOF QB notorious for getting the ball out quick.  We need some more datapoints before making such a claim.

Better than Becton, of course, is inarguable.  Very good RT >>>> LT who apparently doesn't like football all that much.

I tend to lean that Lamb is overrated which plays into it. Maybe too much fantasy football. And tackle play is a desperate need for this team.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I saw a stat on Mayfield yesterday that he was the worst in the league percentage wise for taking a sack when facing pressure. Wirfs isn't just moving from right to left - he's moving from top QB to bottom of the barrel. It will be impressive if he can lock it down on the left side. 

• Post of the Week 1

24 seconds agoDetroit Lions wide receiver Denzel Mims has been waived by the organization on Friday. The 25-year-old was reportedly impressing early on in camp, but injuries set him back. Mims suffered an ankle injury in practice, which led to a calf injury. Mims wasn't able to stay healthy enough for the Lions to trust him with a roster spot. The former second-round pick should be able to catch on elsewhere. The expectation is that he probably won't have fantasy value anywhere, but could be a depth option for

This is why you trade him as soon as someone offers anything at all. Would've been nice if it was more, but since Trader Joes opened in Florham Park, enough teams have visibly purchased the Jets' trash in draft picks for the next ones to take note.

Oh well. A 7th is better than nothing, and if we'd stashed him as the WR6 again (if he could even warrant that roster spot) no one was offering him better than a future 7th round comp level contract anyway, never mind that it'd be a year later & we're going to likely have a net loss of >4 CFAs anyway. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

If he goes on IR do the Lions still have to pay him the $1.3 million he is owed this season? Also, just noticed he's already collected $4 million for his 3 seasons with the Jets, and he did that without even breaking a sweat, except of course after he at that salmon.

Depends if he has a split contract or not.  A lot of NFL contracts reduce the salary if a player goes on IR, usually around half his base salary.

They will have to pay him if he's on IR, but possibly not the full $1.3M.

7 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

We're over a dozen posts into the thread, and no-one has said he'll go to the Pats and become an All Pro yet.

You people really are slipping.

Hey - does my post from 23 minutes ago count?

Normally I would not respond but in the event I was right - it does not happen very often.😀 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Hey - does my post from 23 minutes ago count?

Normally I would not respond but in the event I was right - it does not happen very often.😀 

I was too lazy to check the schedule...

Plus you didn't say he was going to score 4 TDs on us, so you lose marks for that.

• Haha 2