Rank The QBs In The AFC East

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think the order is the following:

1a) Josh Allen

1b) Aaron Rodgers

3) Mike White

4) Tua

5) Mac Jones

I do think White would be able to run the MIA offense better than Tua. Mike White is already in concussion protocol, kid just can’t catch a break with injuries.

27 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I do think White would be able to run the MIA offense better than Tua. Mike White is already in concussion protocol, kid just can’t catch a break with injuries.

He and tua both play without fear. Which isn’t always good thing. That is perhaps the best trait zach has. He has plenty of fear, and will run 20 yards backwards when the heat is coming for him. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Allen

Tua

Rodgers

Mac

Allen- agree, one of the true young gifted guys in the league 

Tua- maybe, but durability and maintain the ability to survive the season major concern 

Rodgers- old, middle of pack last year, old, bad thumb, old and kind of bossy

Mac Jones- hit ceiling as a rookie and in the famous words of my second favorite pig!

8DAC240D-A3ED-4D48-9F40-31E19FB59BEE.gif

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This cannot be serious.  They even played head to head in Miami last year and rodgers outplayed tua.

It's quite serious.  They had some similar overall numbers last season.

Tua is a rising star that has gotten better YoY since he joined the league.  Rodgers has had one of the best careers in NFL history but he showed serious decline last year and will be turning 40 in Dec.  If Tua stays healthy I expect his numbers to be better than Rodgers.

I don't believe a head to head match up from last year has any relevance whatsoever.

All depends really (cop out answer, but it's true).

If Rodgers is Rodgers of 2022 is very different than if Rodgers is Rodgers on 2021.

Same goes for if Tua can stay healthy for a full 17 games, that changes things, this kid is alot better than Jets fans give him credit, when healthy.

----------------------------------------------------------------

My ranking:

1. Allen (359 of 567, 63.3%, 4,283 passing yards, 35 TD, 14 INT, 96.6 Rating, 762 rushing yards, 7 rushing TD's) in 16 starts.

Combo of passing and rushing, 5,045 yards and 41 TD's, is the clear cut top guy in the AFC till dethroned.

2. Tua (259 of 400, 64.8%, 3,548 passing yards, 25 TD, 8 INT, 105.5 Rating, 70 rushing yards, 0 rushing TD's) in 13 starts.

This is a 4,600 yard, 32 TD, 10 INT season if he plays all 17, give or take.  Lack of health is killing an otherwise very good QB.

3. Rodgers (350 for 542, 64.6%, 3,695 passing yards, 26 TD, 12 INT, 91.1 Rating, 94 rushing yards, 1 rushing TD) in 17 starts.

All depends on if he returns to Pre-2022 production at age 40.  If he does (68%, 4,115, 37 TD to 4 INT) he would easily rival Allen for top guy.  If he's closer to 2023, then he's closer to Tua, depending on Tua's health.

Since we haven't seen him take a snap in-game as yet, it's just hard to say for sure.  I'd wager he's closer to 2021 than 2022, but it's still a big ?

4. Jones (288 for 442, 65.2%, 2,997 passing yards, 14 TD, 11 INT, 84.8 Rating, 102 rushing yards, 1 rushing TD) in 14 starts.

While I liked Jones alot more than most (as an early 2nd rounder) when he came out, he's in a tough spot, and isn't rising to the challenge.

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Tua is a rising star that has gotten better YoY since he joined the league.  Rodgers has had one of the best careers in NFL history but he showed serious decline last year and will be turning 40 in Dec.  If Tua stays healthy I expect his numbers to be better than Rodgers.

I don't believe a head to head match up from last year has any relevance whatsoever.

Without Hill Tua wouldn’t be in this conversation. 

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

When you really think about it, Mac Jones is better then both since he had a better rookie season then Tua did in his 3rd year and Tua has never played a full season in his career.  So probably really: Allen > Jones > Tua > Rodgers

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Might be some advantage in throwing to Hill and Waddle with an unbroken thumb, but I can’t be sure. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Rodgers in serious decline(aka playing hurt with a fraction of the talent that Tua had) was similar to Tua at his best, yet despite that and the fact that Tua is basically a bobble head at this point, you still put him above Rodgers. You’re just not a serious person. 

I get a strange feeling that if Tua was a Jet and AR was a Dolphin, your 2 and 3 spots would be swapped. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

When you really think about it, Mac Jones is better then both since he had a better rookie season then Tua did in his 3rd year and Tua has never played a full season in his career.  So probably really: Allen > Jones > Tua > Rodgers

When you really think about it, Zach was selected #2 overall which is higher than any of these other qbs. 

Also, did you see that one throw he had in the preseason??? Haven't seen anyone else make that kind of throw this preseason. Going off of the actual latest results on the field: Zach>>>all other AFCE QBs. 

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Having a conversation around here that doesn't align with the prevailing thought just isn't worth trying.

The idea that Tua will have a better season than 40 year old Rodgers is by no means an outrageous one.  Yet, on JN people make ridiculous comments like the one above rather than have a legitimate discussion.

Good for you I guess.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

This was going to be my answer as well.  Hoping Rodgers outperforms Allen, but I have to go with the younger guy as #1.

There very well could be a lot of movement on this list as well. IT's not exactly in stone.

Those WRs Tua has, if he can stay healthy can actually be higher. Rodgers plays like his 2020 and 2021 self. He's 1st.

But if I'm going based on what we saw last year along with potential and all that's my list.

1. Rodgers

2. Tua - YES... If healthy, better than Allen who is going to show his limitations as a passer without Dabol desigming and calling plays for his strengths. 

3. Allen - I predict a regression.

4. Jones.  Is what we knew he was draft day.  High floor, low ceiling. He already hit his ceiling.  Little more now than a system cog at best. 

29 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Rodgers in serious decline(aka playing hurt with a fraction of the talent that Tua had) was similar to Tua at his best, yet despite that and the fact that Tua is basically a bobble head at this point, you still put him above Rodgers. You’re just not a serious person. 

I get a strange feeling that if Tua was a Jet and AR was a Dolphin, your 2 and 3 spots would be swapped. 

Completely untrue.

I like this Jet team a lot, I like Rodgers a lot.

I would say G. Wilson will be better than Hill this year.

I would surely take Sauce over Xavier Howard.  I believe this Jet team to be noticeably better all around than the Dolphins.  

But I watch the NFL and watched Tua play last year - when healthy he was impressive, I would expect him to continue to get better.  While I don't suspect a 40 year old Rodgers to substantially outperform his younger self.  This shouldn't exactly be some type of outrageous statement.

To be clear, I think Rodgers will still be a very good QB, capable of carrying a very talented Jet roster.

So where would Namath place in this group? Mostly around 50% pass receptions but all he did was take his team to the first Super Bowl that mattered.  These kinds of ratings are silly. On any given Sunday any of these guy could pass for 400+ yards and over 100 qbr.  And they can all put up horrid numbers.  But I think Rodgers numbers have been less horrid than any of the other guys.

• More Ugh 1

17 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

It's Allen, Rodgers, Tua, Jones. The gap between Allen and Rodgers is closer than the gap between Rodgers and Tua. The gap between all 3 and Mac Jones is pretty large, assuming Tua's health.

Tua equaled or exceeded Rodgers production last year in 4 less games played.

That gap may be alot smaller than you think.