McGovern - Jets FO “got rid of all the bad apples”

41 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Source??? The guy single handily lost multiple games last year.  I'm sure his team mates just love when he's under center.

Can’t even say he’s a nice boy like Darnold was, who at least could be handed a modicum of sympathy when he was here.

Wilson answering the “did you let your defense down” question incorrectly couldn’t have done him any favors with his teammates, despite how much it was downplayed by his defenders.  Not to mention Wilson blaming the wind during the NE game when literally his only special skill is throwing the ball really hard.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Asymmetrical said:

It definitely must have stung Zach but I think there's a case to be made for it being a "rally around the new guy" moment. It was clear that Zach wasn't starting again that year unless Mike White's ribs exploded. I try not to get too sucked into the Wilson discourse these days but he was abysmal and the team knew it. 

No doubt Wilson was abysmal. But in a team concept, you do not tear someone down while trying to build someone else up. Just a bad look. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Disliked?  Maybe not.  Do Jets players go out of their way to defend him, call him a leader, talk about him being a great guy, etc etc?  Also no, not so much.

Put it this way:  A team that really likes a QB wouldn’t all wear t-shirts with the backup’s face on it for a couple weeks:

IMG_7183.webp

image.thumb.jpeg.3e8e42ec27855fc36f0bb0b69282e99d.jpeg

CC:  @T0mShane

The T-shirt thing was so freaking lame, I blame Saleh and

Lafleur for letting that go on, I thought the players were supposed to make “the main thing the main thing” 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Disliked?  Maybe not.  Do Jets players go out of their way to defend him, call him a leader, talk about him being a great guy, etc etc?  Also no, not so much.

Put it this way:  A team that really likes a QB wouldn’t all wear t-shirts with the backup’s face on it for a couple weeks:

IMG_7183.webp

image.thumb.jpeg.3e8e42ec27855fc36f0bb0b69282e99d.jpeg

CC:  @T0mShane

Mannnnn stop it. They wore these dumb tshirts because it's the BACK UP QB. Every team loves seeing the back up QB come in and play well. It's their one opportunity to shine. They had fun with it. Had nothing to do with ZW. Berrios did it and he's butt buddies with ZW. 

Anyway. Stop talking about ZW. Seasons about to start. 

4 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Mannnnn stop it. They wore these dumb tshirts because it's the BACK UP QB. Every team loves seeing the back up QB come in and play well. It's their one opportunity to shine. They had fun with it. Had nothing to do with ZW. Berrios did it and he's butt buddies with ZW. 

Anyway. Stop talking about ZW. Seasons about to start. 

Now do all the other things I listed.

Meanwhile, since we’re one rough play away from Wilson being inserted under center at any given time, no, I think I’ll keep talking about him when I feel like it.  

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Meanwhile, since we’re one rough play away from Wilson being inserted under center at any given time, no, I think I’ll keep talking about him when I feel like it.  

Do they go out of their way to defend him? Well, idk, I haven't heard anything since last season because ya know, we have a new guy.

17 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Add Mims and Moore. Both were disgruntled and fighting their way out the door.

And the punter. Don’t forget the punter who cost us the Pats game last year and also losing out on Trevor Lawrence. He’s hated by all Jets fans and anyone associated with the Jets. 🤬

58 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Do they go out of their way to defend him? Well, idk, I haven't heard anything since last season because ya know, we have a new guy.

Sounds like you have your answer then.  So the guy who said they "don't dislike him" really has no evidence of that.  All we have is the 1st two seasons when, no, they didn't like him.  So I'll stick with that.  At best they're indifferent.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Find the smallest tree in the forest, chop it down, then act like you cleared all 100 acres.

@JNDebateTactics

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Not chastised, no.

But not given any particular credit or praise either.

The bad hire outweighs how quickly you fire them.

And I don't think a boss gets praised for firing anyone either.

If one of the examples is indeed Elijah Moore, I would absolutely not fault JD for the draft pick.  The majority of this board was ecstatic, me included, by the pick.  He was a solid player coming out.  Sometimes things don't work out.  But better to rectify them fast and move on than keep someone in the locker room who doesn't want to be here. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

And I don't think a boss gets praised for firing anyone either.

If one of the examples is indeed Elijah Moore, I would absolutely not fault JD for the draft pick.

On the contrary, I would fault JD (and Saleh and the staff) for mismanagement of Moore, but that is an unpopular view here.

The majority of this board was ecstatic, me included, by the pick.  He was a solid player coming out.  Sometimes things don't work out.

And sometimes a front office or staff can make mistakes that cause them to not work out.

But better to rectify them fast and move on than keep someone in the locker room who doesn't want to be here. 

Better still to not play favorites, so the talent doesn't want to "not be here" in the first place.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Some of you are lucky Captain Joe W has not yet been given the power to ban folks.  You guys polluting every thread with Zach bashing would be the 1st to go.

Pathetic.

Every Captain learns very quickly that their "job" is basically the equivalent of Assistant (to the) Regional Manager.

And given Shane's choices at Captain....thank goodness for that!  Fidelio would have banned 60+ % of the board.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Every Captain learns very quickly that their "job" is basically the equivalent of Assistant (to the) Regional Manager.

And given Shane's choices at Captain....thank goodness for that!  Fidelio would have banned 60+ % of the board.

Tom does it again. Picked someone who GAF about being captain.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

If he was a QB, 40 JN posters would be screaming "He's gone and can't hurt you anymore. Why you so obsessed, brah? Stop beating a dead horse!" 

Because the whole thread is about beating dead horses.  The bad apples are gone. He's one of the big ones.  Players hated him and he sucks as a coordinator.  Born into the correct family to still have a job.

Just now, Dcat said:

Because the whole thread is about beating dead horses.  The bad apples are gone. He's one of the big ones.  Players hated him and he sucks as a coordinator.  Born into the correct family to still have a job.

Perhaps I explained inartfully, but I think you're intelligent enough to understand the point. Pretend you don't if you want, I guess.

8 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Adams, Mimz, etc. The malingerers and bullsh*t artists. And Darnold. 😆 

I didn't think it was possible for Zach Wilson to be so bad that I'd prefer Darnold as the QB2 over Wilson.  Yet....here we are.

🎵 You don't what you got....till its gone.... 🎵

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1