Joe Douglas

Lupz27

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

Every position is upgraded.  The guy who won the game was a UDFA who looks poised to be a wr as well.  Either wilson rises to the occasion or the jets are going to draft another qb in round 1 next year in a strong qb class and bring in another veteran after rodgers retires.  

I wouldn’t call going out to stud on the sandy beaches of Bali with supermodels “retirement,” but I see what you’re throwing down.

7 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Be careful what you say about the OL,  you will be downvoted buy the JN ILLUMINATI. 

As instructed, I left my application under the loose tile beneath the third pew of the Christ the Redeemer Church in Big Sur but never heard back 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Nope, a very convenient comment to cover Douglas and salehs ass.  If Douglas wanted someone else that would have been the decision.

Even if we buy that Woody dictated the acquisition of Rodgers, no one believes he forbade JD from signing Taylor Heinicke as a backup plan.

• Upvote 1

I preferred Carr even though he’s a mush because I didn’t think we were “just a quarterback away” from serious contention and because he wouldn’t have cost any draft picks.

We are just a QB away from competing for one with this defense. We need a game manager that knows how to eat clock and score a few times.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Douglas has done a lot of good things and overall is a good GM BUT he may be the type of guy that fails in some key areas.

The Rodgers scenario was a HUGE gamble, he took the gamble, he has to own it.

Now he has to go out and get a semi legit alternative to Wilson, no not some clip holder like flacco

I'm also not changing my mind that will mcdonald was a total luxury pick.

His handling of the offensive line since he arrived have been nothing short of malfeasance.   Becton over Wirfs, bad FA signings, the wrong Connor McGovern.  The hiring of Keith Carter as oline coach is another disaster in the making. 

The fact Douglas was relying on an over aged, over the hill, left tackle whose body is held together by glue to protect Rodgers blind side should get him the axe if the Jets don't make the post season.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

He needs to hold a press conference and answer questions about not being prepared for this situation plain and simple.

Outside of the 2022 draft he has not done one thing to keep his job other then that draft.

Yep, every GM needs to be put on the firing line when they do not have the equivalent of a HOF calliber player on the BENCH behind the HOF calliber player that starts... 

Yet another stupid take by our demoralized fan base!!

2 hours ago, Facts said:

Most people were under the delusion that we were getting young Rodgers.

We werent.

We werent even getting last year Rodgers.

There is a reason why Green Bay moved on.

This is so ******* wrong and stupid, it's not worth an actual argument to show how stupid it is.

2 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

That sounds like a great headline but that's not why Rodgers got hurt.  

He held onto the ball for 4 seconds on a designed quick throw and the storm that has been over this franchise for decades struck him down with a bolt of lightning.  Unimaginable bad luck (unless you are a Jets fan)!!  The guy has been otherwise durable, having started every game for the Packers 8 of the last 9 seasons ... last missing games in 2017.

The Jets haven't had 1 QB who has started every game in any season since 2015.  Across older and younger QBs...  

Those are real data points.  

The Rams just won a SB with a 40 year old LT named Andrew Whitworth.  

I'm not going to argue with you on the back up.  But most teams who lose their star QB are screwed.  

Using Andrew Whitworth as an example is like using Tom Brady or Adrian Petersen as examples 

These guys are outliers 

Aaron rodgers hasn't missed games but he was getting hurt and playing hurt 

He's also elderly compared to these 24 year Olds on defense 

You're right it was not the lines fault but old players get hurt it's what the do. Outliers like Tom Brady don't disprove the rule 

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, Sam_S said:

A QB....

And a left tackle.....

And a center......

And a guard.....

And probably a right tackle....

but yeh- they're close

So Tippman doesnt count?

Drafting the offensive and defensive rookies of the year?

I really wonder what people want - do you think every team has a star at all 22 positions?  Is needing to replace Laken Tomlinson really a big ask next offseason?

JD, along with about 20 other GMs, hasnt been able to solve QB in his time here. But for all the naysayers, do you realize what he was given when he walked in the door?  There were about 5 legitimate NFL Players on the roster and he has now managed to find

• 2-3 edge rushers
  • An elite guard who can play OT
  • An elite RB 
  • An elite WR
  • An elite CB in the draft and a very good CB in free agency

Yes, there have been mistakes as every GM makes and unfortunately when you inherit a team with zero talent, you have to make moves that have more risk then you'd like and sometimes those fail.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Sam_S said:

A QB....

And a left tackle.....

And a center......

And a guard.....

And probably a right tackle....

but yeh- they're close

I meant as close as a team can be to being a QB away without hypothesizing an impossible perfect-team. Reality can’t compete with dreamland, though.

Recall Woddy (Joe's Boss) after the season, angry, saying our Team only lacked ONE player to dominate. And that ONE player we needed to dominate just happened to be the ONE player his GM, Joe Douglas, whiffed on. Ouch...not good. Woody said we WILL get a vet QB in here this season come hell or high water. Joe worked the phones and now THAT'S gone south too.

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

I meant as close as a team can be to being a QB away without hypothesizing an impossible perfect-team. Reality can’t compete with dreamland, though.

JD tried to take a shortcut w/Rodgers and it backfired massively. A QB of his caliber covers up a lot of other issues, but JD got caught trying to take said shortcut. He has to own it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DireJet said:

JD tried to take a shortcut w/Rodgers and it backfired massively. A QB of his caliber covers up a lot of other issues, but JD got caught trying to take said shortcut. He has to own it. 

That’s what happens when you draft an epic bust

• Upvote 1