Cimini: Locker room is grumbling about Wilson, team is close to imploding

T0mShane

Just now, slimjasi said:

What evidence is there that Wilson is better than both Siemian and Boyle? 

None really I guess.  Maybe the fact that Siemian was on the scrap heap by week 3 and the CS seems allergic to putting Boyle on the field (and I'm not sold it's all because of ZW coddling.  If Boyle was as good as Minshew, he'd be playing).

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

None really I guess.  Maybe the fact that Siemian was on the scrap heap by week 3 and the CS seems allergic to putting Boyle on the field (and I'm not sold it's all because of ZW coddling.  If Boyle was as good as Minshew, he'd be playing).

Narrator: It WAS because of ZW coddling 

JD and Saleh are delusional or stubborn (or both)

FWIW, Siemian actually has better career passing stats than Zach Wilson

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Barton said:

Literally nobody on the roster wants Zach to be the starting QB. Nobody. 

They made T shirts of a backup qb to celebrate his benching last yr. He is somehow even worse this yr. Salah and JD have not earned a shred of respect from the players. They have to lead the way over the incompetent front office/ HC

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

More infighting when the team realizes that Siemian and Boyle are both far worse than Zach

Also in this podcast: Cimini offers up a stat that since 2010, of the 80 QBs with 700 or more pass attempts, Wilson ranks 79th in QBR. The only guy worse was Blaine Gabbert. 

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, southparkcpa said:

I have a tee time most Sundays around 11.  I wont give this shlt show my Sundays anymore.  

Even if I am in the house, I will not turn the tv on. I'll read a book. No way I will watch another Zach Wilson sh*t show. And I'm not blaming the kid, I'm blaming the three assholes responsible: Woody, JD and Salad

• Upvote 2

The Jets could easily erase any speculation and put it all to bed by just signing Wentz to an incentive laden deal. He’s had success, has won games. It’s not perfect but it’s how you solve the current problem. Yet theyre turning down his calls. It makes no sense unless there’s things at play beyond what Saleh and JD can control. No one thinks Simien is better than Wentz.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, derp said:

But 7-7 or 8-6 down the stretch?

Wholeheartedly agree with Cimini on the last sentence of the last paragraph. This falls on Douglas. Saleh is taking more heat, and is absolutely flawed as a head coach, but Douglas is the guy who failed the players on this year’s roster.

I do think they get to eight wins regardless. Wilson is a boat anchor around this team’s neck. 

A few more thoughts :

1. Losing the locker room 2 years in a row because of a coddled God awful QB is grounds for firing

2. Joe Namath voicing his strong negative opinion was likely helpful

3. Woody might be a creepy clown but creepy clowns still want to win and not be embarrassed.  This is not all on Woody

4. We should all keep the pressure up.  Paper bags on our heads at the game .. whatever

5. Saleh was forced to make a change to get Tippmann into the starting lineup & AVT moved to RT?  Shows his decision making cannot be trusted.  Meaning he gets no pass with Zach, he absolutely has influence

6. Back to the locker room, these are competitive athletes who not only want to win but who are playing for their next contracts.  Zach is costing them money

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

26 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So we have 14 games left and it sounds like the following is on the menu:

Infighting

Zach benched

More infighting when the team realizes that Siemian and Boyle are both far worse than Zach.

A complete tire fire when the defense eventually gives up and the Dolphins put up 73 on us. 

GW and Breece both demand trades.

The fans call for JD and Saleh's heads.

Caleb Williams announces he's staying at USC for his senior year

Aaron Rodgers realizes that even he is in over his head with trying to pick up the pieces of this godforsaken franchise and retires.

Adam Gase rehired.

Lmaoo

God please save us 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, All Gas No Substance said:

The players have been the ones coddling Wilson this year. The facts are that he improved in the off season. His accuracy is light years ahead of last year. He beat buffalo, no one blamed him for Dallas. I think the idea that there is a mutiny after one week is a bit much. 

I agree that his accuracy is a lot better than last year.  I haven't see the bouncing or air mailing throws.  He's able to hit short passes too.

The biggest problems from what I can see are his decision making (atrocious!) and lack of confidence.  I do question if some of the decision making issues are due to the CS telling him to play it extra close to the vest.  Someone on here said they were coaching him to look "short to long".  I have no idea if that's true but it seems feasible.  I can't imagine that will be the case against the high-powered KC though.  I would think they're going to have to let him really throw the ball this week. 

This will likely be his last chance to prove anything as a Jet.  And barring a miracle, it's probably already too late for him.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I do think they get to eight wins regardless. Wilson is a boat anchor around this team’s neck. 

Boat anchor in the he’ll win them games in a lost season way, or in a he’s so bad they’ll play over their heads once he’s benched way?

Guessing the latter. Eight is still a stretch IMO. The offense looks horrific when being dragged down by him but the overall talent level is still largely one that needs to be elevated by a quarterback.

If they can still get a reset of leadership and the young players look good I wouldn’t be too upset about the wins.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets could easily erase any speculation and put it all to bed by just signing Wentz to an incentive laden deal. He’s had success, has won games. It’s not perfect but it’s how you solve the current problem. Yet theyre turning down his calls. It makes no sense unless there’s things at play beyond what Saleh and JD can control. No one thinks Simien is better than Wentz.

Wentz is blackballed, but no one knows why. I'm thinking he wasn't on board with the "choose love" stickers on the back of the helmet. 

How about "choose life"? Nah, Satan aint down with that.

33 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So we have 14 games left and it sounds like the following is on the menu:

Infighting

Zach benched

More infighting when the team realizes that Siemian and Boyle are both far worse than Zach.

A complete tire fire when the defense eventually gives up and the Dolphins put up 73 on us. 

GW and Breece both demand trades.

The fans call for JD and Saleh's heads.

Caleb Williams announces he's staying at USC for his senior year

Aaron Rodgers realizes that even he is in over his head with trying to pick up the pieces of this godforsaken franchise and retires.

Adam Gase rehired.

Blocked and reported 

• Haha 4