<<<<<<< Jets vs Raiders -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

Raiders starting LT, Miller,  didn’t practice all week 

He’s out .   Miss his second game of his career .   That hurts he’s there best offense lineman , but every team has injuries, and next man up.     Think we see Te Jessie James brought up from practice squad .    He’s excellent blocker to help .  This game will be won in trenches .   Raiders give OConnell time to throw he’s going to be successful. 

I think the Chargers have a better pass rush even though Crosby is very good. I don't know if they had a one game rush last week because of getting rid of McDaniels they were expected to be better than their record so far. I hope they let Zach throw on early downs if that is successful it could open up their defense to the running game more. If our STs play OK and no recovered turnovers like last week that killed us I'm optimistic I think we can win in a close game, Jets 23, Raiders 20. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

He’s out .   Miss his second game of his career .   That hurts he’s there best offense lineman , but every team has injuries, and next man up.     Think we see Te Jessie James brought up from practice squad .    He’s excellent blocker to help .  This game will be won in trenches .   Raiders give OConnell time to throw he’s going to be successful. 

Yes, in this drought of offensive line production across the league, PS linemen are excellent. 

I like that Ulbrich has a game to look at with the new staff and new QB. It’s not a lot but it’s more than the giants had. Get a feel for what he likes to do and is good at and what he doesn’t like to do and is bad at. The Jets Bermuda Triangle of Sauce, Reed and Carter II should feast today. 

I like that the Jets are getting them a week after the emotional release of all the changes. Could be a classic emotional hangover. 

IMO the Jets match up really well against the Raiders. 

The Jets defense is fully capable of neutralizing this offense, even with D.Adams and Jacobs. Our D is that good. Our Pass Rushers will be salivating to get after O’Connell. Lest we forget that they have made it a habit to make All Pros look pedestrian.

Per usual, the key will be the Jets offense being able to put up enough points to support the defense. I am sure the focus will be on protection. Protect the QB, figure out a strategy, figure out formations, chip blocks, extra blockers, roll outs, discipline (no back-breaking penalties), etc.

The one guy that everyone keeps talking about is Maxx Crosby. If that is their only ‘edge’ (no pun intended) against the Jets, we should walk away victorious, even if this ends up being a close, ugly game. 

19 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I think the Chargers have a better pass rush even though Crosby is very good. I don't know if they had a one game rush last week because of getting rid of McDaniels they were expected to be better than their record so far. I hope they let Zach throw on early downs if that is successful it could open up their defense to the running game more. If our STs play OK and no recovered turnovers like last week that killed us I'm optimistic I think we can win in a close game, Jets 23, Raiders 20. 

They probably do but this isn’t the same defense line, or game plan on defense that was being run under Josh mcdaniel. ( He handcuffed what Patrick Graham could call).   Antonio Pierce first thing was finally let Dt Nesta Jade Silveria play  ( first time getting playing time last week - been inactivate .  Big 99 he’s someone to keep an eye on tonight.   They blitzed last week more than anytime with Josh McDaniel as  coach.    Tyree Wilson has  been coming on.    Really has just power move at this point but when he’s going with full head of speed with his arm length and his brute strength , he can give any tackle problems .

17 minutes ago, PepPep said:

IMO the Jets match up really well against the Raiders. 

The Jets defense is fully capable of neutralizing this offense, even with D.Adams and Jacobs. Our D is that good. Our Pass Rushers will be salivating to get after O’Connell. Lest we forget that they have made it a habit to make All Pros look pedestrian.

Per usual, the key will be the Jets offense being able to put up enough points to support the defense. I am sure the focus will be on protection. Protect the QB, figure out a strategy, figure out formations, chip blocks, extra blockers, roll outs, discipline (no back-breaking penalties), etc.

The one guy that everyone keeps talking about is Maxx Crosby. If that is their only ‘edge’ (no pun intended) against the Jets, we should walk away victorious, even if this ends up being a close, ugly game. 

Raiders are way more than just Devante Adams and Josh Mcdaniels. Jakobi Meyers is number 1 caliber Wr on a lot of teams.  ( excellent blocker, and excellent route runner).  Hunter Renfrow is one premier slot Wrs.( McDaniel for what ever reason didn’t use him.    Someone worth watching tonight .    Wrs Tre Tucker and Deandre Carters are very similar speed Wrs - get the ball in their hands let them do their thing. You see Tre Tucker with single coverage they are throwing it deep.    Both can be used in screen game .  All the Raiders te are threat in the passing game.   They haven’t utilized the Te as much but any of them are capable of having a big game tonight.    Guy to watch is Jessie James just signed to practice squad.   I think he get called up because probably best blocking te they have , also has great size 6’7 265 with 37.5 vertical jump also lets Michael Mayer go out more as receiver. 

This is Aidan OConnell third start,  but the first week he has had a whole week practice  as the starting Qb .  Hope the Jets play the Raiders man to man.    Like the matchups . 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

I like that Ulbrich has a game to look at with the new staff and new QB. It’s not a lot but it’s more than the giants had. Get a feel for what he likes to do and is good at and what he doesn’t like to do and is bad at. The Jets Bermuda Triangle of Sauce, Reed and Carter II should feast today. 

I like that the Jets are getting them a week after the emotional release of all the changes. Could be a classic emotional hangover. 

Somethings they can get out of last week . Like the Raiders ran more zone blocking as J Jacobs more effective.

They jumped out on the Giants last week, that Raiders held a lot of new stuff that they want to do on offense.    
A OConnell there is no mystery .  He’s not going to beat you with his leg ,as  he’s pure pocket passer .   He will use all of his weapons , as he extremely accurate , will throw the football well before the Wr out of his break.    With time he’s has the weapons to beat the Jets Wr trio.     Has to protect the football better as he had three fumbles his first start of the game.    O Connell protects the football the Raiders should win this gane.

3 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

this is the type of brilliant analysis that keeps me coming back to this here website. 

Raiders have four offense lineman is top 20.   K Miller is out.  so three .     Put S garner man to man on Devante Adams .   Give single coverage the football will be going there all night. D Adams will have monster night.    Give him bracket coverage ( s garner a pus—) .   A Connell will just use his other weapons. 

39 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders are way more than just Devante Adams and Josh Mcdaniels. Jakobi Meyers is number 1 caliber Wr on a lot of teams.  ( excellent blocker, and excellent route runner).  Hunter Renfrow is one premier slot Wrs.( McDaniel for what ever reason didn’t use him.    Someone worth watching tonight .    Wrs Tre Tucker and Deandre Carters are very similar speed Wrs - get the ball in their hands let them do their thing. You see Tre Tucker with single coverage they are throwing it deep.    Both can be used in screen game .  All the Raiders te are threat in the passing game.   They haven’t utilized the Te as much but any of them are capable of having a big game tonight.    Guy to watch is Jessie James just signed to practice squad.   I think he get called up because probably best blocking te they have , also has great size 6’7 265 with 37.5 vertical jump also lets Michael Mayer go out more as receiver. 

This is Aidan OConnell third start,  but the first week he has had a whole week practice  as the starting Qb .  Hope the Jets play the Raiders man to man.    Like the matchups . 

Obviously its not JUST Adams. But he is the main threat. I disagree that Meyers is a #1 on ‘a lot of teams’. Renfrow can be a major threat. Yes. But the Jets also have one of the better slot CBs in the league. Are you talking about a PS TE coming in and being a major threat for this D??? Stop. We still match up very well against this offense. 

I know you have a better grasp of the raiders roster but you are starting to go into what some of the depth guys could maybe, possibly do as contributors. That’s not what im talking about. Of course anyone who is out there is capable of having a big game. But I’m talking about the matchup as a whole favors the Jets defense in a major way. 

Again, the key will be - can the Jets OFFENSE score. To do so they will have to protect Zach. 

7 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders have four offense lineman is top 20.   K Miller is out.  so three .     Put S garner man to man on Devante Adams .   Give single coverage the football will be going there all night. D Adams will have monster night.    Give him bracket coverage ( s garner a pus—) .   A Connell will just use his other weapons. 

Devante Adams, quite famously, has not been having monster nights this year and is so enraged by it he's basically hanging FOR SALE signs on his locker. He hates being on the Raiders. 

40 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Somethings they can get out of last week . Like the Raiders ran more zone blocking as J Jacobs more effective.

They jumped out on the Giants last week, that Raiders held a lot of new stuff that they want to do on offense.    
A OConnell there is no mystery .  He’s not going to beat you with his leg ,as  he’s pure pocket passer .   He will use all of his weapons , as he extremely accurate , will throw the football well before the Wr out of his break.    With time he’s has the weapons to beat the Jets Wr trio.     Has to protect the football better as he had three fumbles his first start of the game.    O Connell protects the football the Raiders should win this gane.

This defense has given Allen, Mahomes and Herbert fits. Ya boy in for a bad day. 

Turnovers is always a factor but the jets have to get a run game going. 

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

They probably do but this isn’t the same defense line, or game plan on defense that was being run under Josh mcdaniel. ( He handcuffed what Patrick Graham could call).   Antonio Pierce first thing was finally let Dt Nesta Jade Silveria play  ( first time getting playing time last week - been inactivate .  Big 99 he’s someone to keep an eye on tonight.   They blitzed last week more than anytime with Josh McDaniel as  coach.    Tyree Wilson has  been coming on.    Really has just power move at this point but when he’s going with full head of speed with his arm length and his brute strength , he can give any tackle problems .

I don't know how efficient the Raiders pass defense has been this year but going into MNF last week the Chargers were pretty close to the bottom of the league and the Jets couldn't capitalize on it. But if Zach has time he can hit open receivers. He's just too inconsistent and slow setting up. Overall the Jets D should give the Raiders rookie QB problems. Herbert who is really good wasn't productive. On MNF the difference was a punt return and the Chargers recovering turnovers and the Jets not recovering turnovers. So it could be a battle of turnovers. I kind of doubt Jets STs will implode again. It happens.