<<<<<<< Jets vs Raiders -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

25 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I hated Kotite. Even I couldn't be positive then.

Kotite was the only coach that could make me miss a game. Season tickets in 1988 and of the three home games that I missed Kotite was the only coach that had me tap out. Woke up one day and said I'm not doing this.

Never happened again no matter how bad it got. Kotite was the lowest of the low for me.

I’m old enough to remember Lou Holtz. I’ve been tortured by bad coaches for 5 decades. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

I hated Kotite. Even I couldn't be positive then.
Kotite was the only coach that could make me miss a game. Season tickets in 1988 and of the three home games that I missed Kotite was the only coach that had me tap out. Woke up one day and said I'm not doing this.
Never happened again no matter how bad it got. Kotite was the lowest of the low for me.

Kotite was horrendous, but Gase to me was the low of all lows. Not only was he a bad coach, but he is a strange/weird individual! For me, the worst hire in recent history! Wow, do I hate him!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Kotite was horrendous, but Gase to me was the low of all lows. Not only was he a bad coach, but he is a strange/weird individual! For me, the worst hire in recent history! Wow, do I hate him!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Gase had a very weird vibe, like the "They're gonna find bodies in his crawl space." Or he'd be a great fit for any DMV, just holding up a desk and shuffling papers all day, he's got the deer in headlight stare going. 

Also Kotite fact that some may or may not know here, he was a sparring partner with Muhammad Ali.

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/60760/that-time-muhammad-ali-sparred-with-a-future-jets-coach

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

That's the mirage, the trap. He always looks good, until there's a Defense across the LOS. 

He should play QBs in Disney sports movies 

He’s the first #2 overall pick in NFL history to be told on draft night, “Don’t worry, this organization will lift you up”.

What a joke 😃🥸🤡

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Watched a few games today one being the Commanders and Seahawks where those QB's were under pressure the entire game yet still hung in and made play after play. 

Now I switch to Zombie Mode to watch Zach Wilson go 3 and out ....

Over under on 3 and outs around 7 ?

And that Juggernaut Chargers D just gave up a 40 spot ... You know the team that ate our QB alive for 2 field goals 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Watched a few games today one being the Commanders and Seahawks where those QB's were under pressure the entire game yet still hung in and made play after play. 

Now I switch to Zombie Mode to watch Zach Wilson go 3 and out ....

Over under on 3 and outs around 7 ?

And that Juggernaut Chargers D just gave up a 40 spot ... You know the team that ate our QB alive for 2 field goals 

Big difference is those QBs stay in the pocket.

They know how to navigate within the pocket to find space and set themselves up to throw or scramble for positive yardage.

ZW sprints backwards immediately even in the absence of real pressure.

He senses pressure that isn’t there and can’t wait to flee.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Will I make it to halftime before turning on Netflix? That’s the real bet. 

well that's the Jets..... the defense will keep it close enough to drag you kicking and screaming back to the TV to watch yet another 3 and out while you lay in a pool of your own vomit for trying to drink your way to unconsciousness.

9 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Big difference is those QBs stay in the pocket.

They know how to navigate within the pocket to find space and set themselves up to throw or scramble for positive yardage.

ZW sprints backwards immediately even in the absence of real pressure.

He senses pressure that isn’t there and can’t wait to flee.

Sam Howell, a 5th round pick last year, has double the number of 300 yard games in his first 11 games than Zach does in his career (30 games).  Howell has been sacked 47 times this year, the most in the league, and 16 more times than Zach.

Yet Howell has thrown for 300+ yards the last three games and 8 TDs.  He leads the NFL with 2783 passing yards.

Bad OL is not an excuse for dysfunctional QB play.

• Upvote 1

The thing with Gase that annoyed people is that he didn’t try to convince you that the team he was coaching was any good. He knew it sucked, he knew Maccagnan was awful, and he recognized that Woody was a meddling sh*tbird. Gase had his money and used his time here to right the ship as best he could. He was a kamikaze and he acted like it. 

• Sympathy 1