<<<<<<< Jets vs Raiders -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

Intentional grounding.  That was a drive killer.  His INT at the end of the game was the comeback killer.
He played much better than he usually does.  He made a couple very good throws.  However he is and has been the QB to an inept offense.  He cannot score points and is bad on a week to week basis.  Your attempt to absolve Zach of fault is not 100% correct.
Garret Wilson and Conklin both made some great catches.  I see you glossed over those and just outlined their faults.  Zach was perfect tho.

With the exception of the ground call ... I don't think that killed the drive. I agree with a lot of what you said. The lack of production is the main problem ... He almost solved that tonight singlehandedly too. But he didn't. This team is playing like ass all over the field.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Darnold&#x27;s Forehead said:

Intentional grounding.  That was a drive killer.  His INT at the end of the game was the comeback killer.

He played much better than he usually does.  He made a couple very good throws.  However he is and has been the QB to an inept offense.  He cannot score points and is bad on a week to week basis.  Your attempt to absolve Zach of fault is not 100% correct.

Garret Wilson and Conklin both made some great catches.  I see you glossed over those and just outlined their faults.  Zach was perfect tho.

I'm not absolving him of fault. I'm saying he was the best player on offense tonight and if analyzed objectively this loss is not on him.

At the end of the day, all play considered this season as a whole, he is a big part of the problem and ideally wouldn't be playing. But tonight he gets kudos from me. This loss was on coaching and the players around him.

• More Ugh 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

Difference in the game was that Aidan O’Connell got the ball into the end zone—under pressure and with his #1 option taken away—and Zach Wilson threw a pick under the same circumstances. 

Josh Jacobs ran it into the end zone.

Btw, how about the play calling of the Raiders btw?  They kept pounding Josh Jacobs and Collinsworth said something about how the Jets are going to stack the line.  The next play was a play action bomb.  Even though it landed incomplete, THAT is what an actual play caller looks like.  Though I'm pretty sure they said the OC was extremely inexperienced.

I would've mentioned it at the time but the site kept giving 403 errors, @Maxman

Nonsense, Garett was better than him , Tippeman was better Max Mitchell was better to name a few 
GW was better than him ?? Really ?? Stop. GW played ok he dropped a bomb that hit him in the hands .. and also he could not come down with the Hail Mary that was right there for him if he could have snagged it before Conklin tried to take it.

I love GW .. but he had a decent game tonight .. not stellar.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Thumb Down 2

9 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

I'm not absolving him of fault. I'm saying he was the best player on offense tonight and if analyzed objectively this loss is not on him.

At the end of the day, all play considered this season as a whole, he is a big part of the problem and ideally wouldn't be playing. But tonight he gets kudos from me. This loss was on coaching and the players around him.

Any kudos he would get from me would be pity kudos.  I expressed some excitement for him on several throws earlier in this thread, but congratulating him tonight overall would be congratulating him for "not absolutely sucking" again, IMO.  He probably was the best player on offense tonight, probably behind Garret.  But everyone was basically sh!t.  Zach didn't do much special tonight relative to a functional NFL offense.

He's the QB and got the offense to 0 TDs and a loss, so while I'm not blaming everything on him tonight, it goes back to the current situation prior to this game: Zach Wilson is a major problem for this team.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Josh Jacobs ran it into the end zone.

Btw, how about the play calling of the Raiders btw?  They kept pounding Josh Jacobs and Collinsworth said something about how the Jets are going to stack the line.  The next play was a play action bomb.  Even though it landed incomplete, THAT is what an actual play caller looks like.  Though I'm pretty sure they said the OC was extremely inexperienced.

I would've mentioned it at the time but the site kept giving 403 errors, @Maxman

Jacobs did not run it in.  O'Connell hit Mayer over decent coverage by Whitehead.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rochester Jets said:

It feels a lot like once JD landed Rodgers, he and the coaching staff just felt they could sit back and let Rodgers take them to the promised land.  Well, dude lasted like three seconds, and now we’re stuck with no backup plan at QB, a bunch of crappy/ineffective former Packers, and a GM who wasted an entire draft on guys that can’t get on the field instead of picking up a top WR or OT or anything to help the anemic offense.    

For JD’s sake, he better pray like hell Rodgers gets on the field this year or next and delivers.  Otherwise, he, Saleh, and goofball Hackett should be shown the door.

Douglas deserves an F for this off season.

This is basically the same team as last year. Our draft class is contributing very little. No impact signings. No improvement on the o line. A worse WR room than last year.

He traded away future assets for a QB who has at best 2 or 3 years left in his career, and then decided to sit on his hands.

If you were trading for Arod it was time to just go all in. Outside of Arod He GM'd like it was business as usual and this was a perpetual playoff team without a care in the world.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

No we didn't win cause we playing scared on offense all game. Hack play calling is crap.

The playing scared on offense thing is what bothers me. They should have put this game away in the first half. Once they got behind they changed the game plan from super conservative to regular conservative and by that time it’s always too late. 

2 hours ago, BP said:

The playing scared on offense thing is what bothers me. They should have put this game away in the first half. Once they got behind they changed the game plan from super conservative to regular conservative and by that time it’s always too late. 

We threw the ball 39 times.  Why do you keep saying we were playing scared?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

36 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

We threw the ball 39 times.  Why do you keep saying we were playing scared?

Because they threw the ball a gazillion times once they had no choice.

They could have put the game away in the 1st half. The raiders were ready to quit. Those back to back runs on 2nd and 1 and 3rd and 1 in the first half was playing scared. Put the ******* raiders away and stop being pussies

3 hours ago, BP said:

Lol, they didn't. 

When Zack is less than awful, he fumbled the ball against KC and lost the game, and last night he threw the interception.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Lol, they didn't. 

When Zack is less than awful, he fumbled the ball against KC and lost the game, and last night he threw the interception.

You don’t think that play calling for fgs in the red zone all first half wasn’t playing scared? Lmao not one attempt in the end zone on any of those series. That’s playing scared. The play calling on those back to back 2nd and 1 and 3rd and 1 runs was playing scared. Perfect opportunity for play pass for a big play. NOPE! RUN RUN! Until we’re behind then PASS PASS PASS!!

7 hours ago, ausman said:

Lazard sat down in the middle of the field!  You come back to the ball!  Even a Pop Warner player knows that.  Yes, the LB saw what Lazard did all game and made a play. But that was all on Lazard, not ZW.

Absolutely  not. Zach stared him down. The LB read that, not Lazard. He never even looked at Lazard. He caught the well in front of him. Lazard also had defenders right next to him. It would have been amazing had he held onto the ball if it did reach him. It was a bad read and a bad throw. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BP said:

You don’t think that play calling for fgs in the red zone all first half wasn’t playing scared? Lmao not one attempt in the end zone on any of those series. That’s playing scared. The play calling on those back to back 2nd and 1 and 3rd and 1 runs was playing scared. Perfect opportunity for play pass for a big play. NOPE! RUN RUN! Until we’re behind then PASS PASS PASS!!

lol.... Zach Wilson plus Lazard plus Uzomah is the reason we kicked field goals. Nothing to do with playing scared. 

In addition when you "unleash" it, Zach will inevitably find a way to turn the ball over, fumble it, throw an interception, overthrow receivers, etc.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Grandy said:

Tbh Darnold would've succeeded if he had GW and Breece yr 2 and 3.

I certainly wouldn’t say he’d have succeeded but we’d have at least been able to judge his play far more fairly.  

He got more than a fair shake as far as talent in Carolina and failed there.  He also hasn’t demonstrated in any meaningful way he deserves to take over the Niners job.  So let’s not go so far to say Darnold would “succeed” anywhere.  But he was still decidedly better than Zach Wilson, for whatever that’s worth.  

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

No we didn't win cause we playing scared on offense all game. Hack play calling is crap.

What’s the alternative?  You play conservative, Zach takes more sacks but you can maybe also keep the game close.  You try to “let Zach cook” and he turns it over.  And meanwhile the defense keys in entirely on stopping the run, forcing you to be one-dimensional.

What “good plays” are there to call when you have the most limited starting QB in the league to call plays for?  

• Upvote 2

If they're gonna stick with Zach, then throw it 35 times a game. I don't give a f anymore. The plan to keep it close and win with a 3 point lead has failed several times. Playing so he won't turn it over has failed.

So F it. Throw it, at least move down the field. This whole safe conservative mindset is crippling the entire team. 

I was at the game last week and watched last night.  The OL play was horrid in both games.  They don’t protect the QB and they don’t open holes for the run game.  As for Zach, he constantly throws flat footed or off of his back foot.  The defense is world class but the offense looks like it could not win a college football game.  It is embarrassing.  I was 9 years old when they won SBlll.  I have been suffering with this crew ever since.

On 11/13/2023 at 1:11 PM, BP said:

Because they threw the ball a gazillion times once they had no choice.

They could have put the game away in the 1st half. The raiders were ready to quit. Those back to back runs on 2nd and 1 and 3rd and 1 in the first half was playing scared. Put the ******* raiders away and stop being pussies

Ok well reality and math disagree

• Upvote 1