***The OFFICIAL Jets v Texans Battle of the 2nd Overall Pick QBs Thread****

T0mShane

Just now, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I didn’t have my day, I’m a jets fan, this was bad on multiple levels, I’m hoping for a better draft pick. But it shows how badly the coaching staff f’d up this year, we should be competing for the division right now 

Exactly. Why couldn't the coaches get the grown man to just do what he did today every single day. It's so simple.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I didn’t have my day, I’m a jets fan, this was bad on multiple levels, I’m hoping for a better draft pick. But it shows how badly the coaching staff f’d up this year, we should be competing for the division right now 

Frank the QB is very bad but he had a good day against a team that couldn’t generate a pass rush. It happens. It’s an indictment on the staff in the same way that Mike White playing well against the Bengals two years ago was an indictment. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Frank the QB is very bad but he had a good day against a team that couldn’t generate a pass rush. It happens. It’s an indictment on the staff in the same way that Mike White playing well against the Bengals two years ago was an indictment. 

You’re in the 99%, it’s ok, you’re at least funny T0m

Just now, Jdeet said:

This thread is the most fun I have had in years. Bi-polar morons. Happy when we lose. Angry when we win. Hilarious. Same guys saying we don’t know how to draft but angry when we lose draft position. 😂 

You never want to root for losses, but when you’re within a fingersnap of Marvin Harrison Jr, it’s tough to celebrate the success of a guy who’s dragged your team into the cellar for three years. Be happy about wins all you want, but if Harrison ends up being as good as everyone says he is, this will sting. There’s a 10% chance Zach is here next year. There’s an even smaller chance Saleh is here after 2024. The problem with this iteration of the Jets is that they’re three knuckles deep into win-now territory, when they’re a textbook rebuild case. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

You never want to root for losses, but when you’re within a fingersnap of Marvin Harrison Jr, it’s tough to celebrate the success of a guy who’s dragged your team into the cellar for three years. Be happy about wins all you want, but if Harrison ends up being as good as everyone says he is, this will sting. There’s a 10% chance Zach is here next year. There’s an even smaller chance Saleh is here after 2024. The problem with this iteration of the Jets is that they’re three knuckles deep into win-now territory, when they’re a textbook rebuild case. 

100%

the only way you are happy today is if a small part of you thinks Zach Wilson is salvageable 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

T0m the Jets were ALWAYS going to win a game or two down the stretch, if not this one one later on or probably vs the pats in the last game.  They have never once lost out and tanked when it would be a big help.  This way that unlikely hope is out of the way.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

We were never getting Harrison.  As horrible as the QB play has been there was no way we were losing out because the defense alone is so good and the pats and commanders suck. I mean it’s not like we had 1 game left we had 5 so asking fans just to root to lose and being upset that the team won probably is t going to be popular.  None of us are happy that we lost Rodgers’s 4 plays in and unless we have a miracle are out of the playoffs again.  But as a fans that’s been dying for a good team game personally I’m happy.  If you’re not that’s your right but I think most fans are happy about today At  least 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What exactly is there to be happy about? When the Jets have anywhere in the vicinity of average QB play they are clearly a playoff team that can give anyone in the league problems. The issue is that they've had an Oompa Loompa under center that can't string together 2 decent enough performances because they mortgaged the entire season on Rodgers with no backup plan. Now, when they're fully out of it and the wins count for nothing and the damage is done, I'm supposed to enjoy them? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2