Dalvin Cook having 25% of the snaps is just STUPID!!!!

neckdemon

Just now, neckdemon said:

if you are advocating that they tank then sure that would be the plan. but you would piss breece tf off by doing that. players don't tank. these guys want to win. dalvin really should be getting zero snaps. breece should be handling around 80% and when he needs a break izzy should be in. 

Who cares what Breece Hall thinks of Robert Saleh? If this were a legitimate franchise, Breece Hall would get a fresh start with a brand new (offensive expert) head coach next season.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JetPotato said:

Who cares what Breece Hall thinks of Robert Saleh? If this were a legitimate franchise, Breece Hall would get a fresh start with a brand new (offensive expert) head coach next season.

at what point did i bring up breece hall's opinion of robert saleh in this discussion?

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

This coaching staff is just f*cking stupid. Breece is one of our 2 best players on offense. He comes off the field way too often. He should get no less than 80% of the snaps. But our coaches are f*cking retarded

Well you know hall is coming off an ACL and needs to rest too right?

I don't mean to disagree I do think the off coord is stupid, but cook should be used and be used more effectively in space  I think it would be mostly hall out there but also cool has a role

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Well you know hall is coming off an ACL and needs to rest too right?

I don't mean to disagree I do think the off coord is stupid, but cook should be used and be used more effectively in space  I think it would be mostly hall out there but also cool has a role

sure i get he needs to rest. i just don't trhink he needs as much rest as he is being given. and even so, i think it should be izzy giving him that rest. cook is literally cooked

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Looks like he got banged up on Sunday. Is he hurt? Not that I want him to be hurt, but at this point in time in the season, it’s time to give Izzy a chance.

Cook has been our “3 yards and a cloud of dust” RB this year.

saleh said a few guys, including breece had nick and bruises, but nothing significant. unless that has changed since yesterday's presser

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Looks like he got banged up on Sunday. Is he hurt? Not that I want him to be hurt, but at this point in time in the season, it’s time to give Izzy a chance.

Cook has been our “3 yards and a cloud of dust” RB this year.

giving the corpse of Dalvin Cook all these carries over a young buck with game breaking speed and fresh legs is absolutely ridiculous. The CS is clueless with offensive personnel.

• Upvote 2

Meh, Hall was dealing w/ an injury all week and quite frankly, the past few weeks Cook had been hitting the hole a lot harder then Hall.  Hall had been dancing in the backfield, not getting what he could, looking for a big hit instead of taking what he can get and Hall even admitted as much.

Now, should Izzy be getting those reps?  Maybe, idk, this staff is stupid.

• Upvote 3

Watched the Titans/Fins game last night. Mostert, Achane, and the kid behind Henry look Iike they're getting shot out of a cannon hitting the line. Derrick Henry is still good but looked slow. 

Dalvin Cook looks like he's running through molasses while wearing concrete shoes and a lead overcoat. I said in the game thread last night, if I was a Jets Exec watching Mostert and Achane etc., I would have Cook cut ASAP. He's washed, slow,  and whenever he gets the ball it's literally just surrendering a down.

• Upvote 1

They need to use Dalvin on the inside runs and use Breece on the outside zone runs........They started this way during the 1st series and went away from it....Dalvin at this point is only good for getting a few yards running tough in between the tackles

I also don't understand why Izzy can't cut into Dalvin's carries at this point. Izzy will be here next year, Dalvin won't. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The willingness to pay Dalvin Cook 8M when DeAndre Hopkins was obtainable for 11M in total guarantees is completely embarrassing.

Joe Douglas should be ashamed of himself, paying all that money to Allen freaking Lazard when a quality, proven WR like Hopkins was available for relative peanuts.

i don't think hopkins wanted to come here though

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, neckdemon said:

This coaching staff is just f*cking stupid. Breece is one of our 2 best players on offense. He comes off the field way too often. He should get no less than 80% of the snaps. But our coaches are f*cking retarded

Breece coming off is fine, if the player swapping in is good.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The willingness to pay Dalvin Cook 8M when DeAndre Hopkins was obtainable for 11M in total guarantees is completely embarrassing.

Joe Douglas should be ashamed of himself, paying all that money to Allen freaking Lazard when a quality, proven WR like Hopkins was available for relative peanuts.

Especially when Davis retired. It was clear they needed another receiver. Joe Douglas is a horrible GM. 

• Upvote 1

It's almost as if there has been a trend towards RBBC and away from bellcow RB.  As if teams have found it more efficient and able to keep their best players healthier and more productive.  

Signing Dalvin Cook was stupid to begin with but Woody saw Rodgers rubbing elbows with him during camp and had to have him.

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

It's almost as if there has been a trend towards RBBC and away from bellcow RB.  As if teams have found it more efficient and able to keep their best players healthier and more productive.  

first of all that would depend on the level of skill gap between your rbs. in our case cook sucks total ass and breece is the best player on the offense not names garrett wilson. second, the results speka for themselves. our offense has been total sh*t, so whatever they have been doing it hasn't been working. there are plenty of examples of teams still giving rbs 75%+ of snaps. in our case rbbc is f*cking stupid because cook sucks ass